Tips for non park stay at SSR?

While you check out AKL and AKV, be sure to eat at Boma's. Go early for a cocktail upstairs. The food is the best anywhere and reasonable. We've never eaten at the "nicer" restuarant at AKL, but that might be a nice evening as well.

Not sure if someone else mentioned Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba. But a nice dinner at Portobello Yacht Club followed by Cirque was a fabulous night for us last year.

Personally we like Raglan Road for some cold pints and some Irish dancing. Then dinner @ Boma. It has to be the best buffet in WDW

Not sure if someone else mentioned Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba. But a nice dinner at Portobello Yacht Club followed by Cirque was a fabulous night for us last year.

We love dinner at Portobello's ... although Cirque is somewhat questionable for DH as he SLEPT through "O" by Cirque at the Bellagio in October (if it were set to the "1812 Overture" he might stay awake:confused3 )

Still forming our plans ... which is what a trip to WDW is all about:lmao: :lmao:

Keep those ideas coming please!

We'll be there the following weekend-DH's 50th Birthday. SIL is taking all three boys for the weekend! We rented a PT Cruiser convertible for the two of us. Just got back from family trip in June- costing us next to nothing because of saved "SW Ding" credits and we are SSR DVC owners. Loved SSR so much in June, we will only stay there from now on. The pool is relaxing and beautiful. I Love the idea of a movie at DTD, just saw Harry Potter with six 10 y.o.'s ! I'm thinking of Discovery Cove as a Birthday present but not sure yet. We plan on hitting PI and the Adventurer's Club. A little nervous of the crowds descending on us for "free dining period."

Great ideas- thank you to all who responded.

We love dinner at Portobello's ... although Cirque is somewhat questionable for DH as he SLEPT through "O" by Cirque at the Bellagio in October (if it were set to the "1812 Overture" he might stay awake:confused3 )

Still forming our plans ... which is what a trip to WDW is all about:lmao: :lmao:

Keep those ideas coming please!

We've never thought about Cirque either fellow philadelphian

Since you will have a rental car, I'd suggest a little day trip to Mount Dora, just about 30 or 45 minutes from WDW. Charming town with alot of neat shops and antiques.

Go shopping at Mall at Millenia. After a day of shopping, eat dinner at McCormick & Schmick's if you like seafood. It is located at the Mall.

There are some good DVC member discounts at Cirque, for August and September too (25% off) :thumbsup2

We've never thought about Cirque either fellow philadelphian

Yo ... fellow Philadelphian ... so nice to say instead of the y'all that has crept into our vocabulary:laughing:

NUHuskies#1 ... We plan on hitting PI and the Adventurer's Club. A little nervous of the crowds descending on us for "free dining period."

We plan on Kungalooshing at the Adventurer's Club as well.

When does the free dining start?

Wonderful ideas all! Keep them coming!

Yo ... fellow Philadelphian ... so nice to say instead of the y'all that has crept into our vocabulary:laughing:

We plan on Kungalooshing at the Adventurer's Club as well.

When does the free dining start?

Wonderful ideas all! Keep them coming!

We always love to Kungaloosh even if we're doing the parks.

So why did you leave philly?

We always love to Kungaloosh even if we're doing the parks.

So why did you leave philly?

We haven't Kungaloosh-ed for about 10 years since our DD (who is almost 15) has accompanied us on our twice a year visit to WDW. This is our first visit to the House of Mouse ALONE in 10 years:woohoo:

DH's job (corporate relocation) brought us to NC ... although we are Penn Staters and Philadelphians through and through (makes it hard during football season:lmao: )

We haven't Kungaloosh-ed for about 10 years since our DD (who is almost 15) has accompanied us on our twice a year visit to WDW. This is our first visit to the House of Mouse ALONE in 10 years:woohoo:

DH's job (corporate relocation) brought us to NC ... although we are Penn Staters and Philadelphians through and through (makes it hard during football season:lmao: )

Then I really hope you get to Adventurers club. You should go during football season then you could catch all the games at ESPN. We do

Then I really hope you get to Adventurers club. You should go during football season then you could catch all the games at ESPN. We do

We own at BWV and usually hit ESPN our first night ... we get takeout and bring it back to our room.

During our annual January pilgrimage we usually catch the Eagles game there:cool1:

We are excited about re-discovering Pleasure Island and exploring West Side. We are familiar with the Marketplace section as I love to shop.

Everything has been covered. But we do this too and they are the best trips
IMO. We really loved renting the car and touring all the resorts. It was a blast.
You have a blast too! :thumbsup2

Everything has been covered. But we do this too and they are the best trips
IMO. We really loved renting the car and touring all the resorts. It was a blast.
You have a blast too! :thumbsup2

I am really looking forward to this trip ... actually any trip to WDW:rotfl:

AKL is a place that we keep saying that we need to see ... and haven't ... so it is at the top of our list.

Thanks all for the wonderful ideas and suggestions!

Greetings fellow DVCers!

DH and I have just booked a 3 night get-away for 8/15 to 8/18 at SSR while DD visits her grandparents:cool1: I had to twist DH's arm (actually the trip is costing us next to nothing as we are using FF miles and DVC points) and promise no parks this time as he doesn't like the parks when they are hot and crowded:confused3

We own at BWV and have stayed at OKW. This is our first trip staying at SSR. We have seen it from the golf course and spa though.

We have ADRs for Yachtsman Steakhouse with a plan to go to Jellyrolls afterward; Turf Club Bar and Grill with a plan to go to DTD afterward, and Citrico's.

Was wondering what other ideas fellow DVCers have other than enjoying the pools?

Thanks!

I have heard Cirque Du Soleil is fabulous! It is a must see everyone has told me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter