tips on finding out about events @ DW

Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
As I mentioned on a previous thread, we're in the first stages of planning. I want to go in December 2003 but after reading some of the trip reports I'm concerned about Pop Warner. cheerleaders and football players taking over the resorts and parks. How can I find out what groups/events will be there next December? Any insight would be appreciated.
PS...I have nothing against cheerleaders (was one) or football players but I really want a low attendence week with nothing going on but Disney Christmas activities.

Thanks!

You can check the official WDW site, but I don't know if they have that info posted yet.

We went the first week of Dec. 2001 & that was Pop Warner & cheerleader week. Much more crowded than we anticipated. Went in Nov. of 2002 during Veteran's Day week - it was also Super Soaps Weekend & Jersey Week was just ending. We didn't know this when we booked & thought it would be mobbed. To our surprise most attractions were walk ons. :bounce:

Although we missed seeing the Xmas decorations, I think we will choose that week again as opposed to the 1st week of Dec.

Thanks for the reply MELSMICE! I'm really up in the air as to when to go. I'm going to keep my options open so it may just come down to an irresistable airfare or Disney package. Crowds are still going to be the biggest issue though.

In my opinion, I think the best time to go in December is any time after Thanksgiving (the weekend after Thanksgiving) and before the 15th of December. We went Nov. 30 - December 6th, 2000 and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. It was a wonderful time to go to the parks. All the holiday decorations were up, the parks were not crowded. I would say park attendance was average, no long line waiting. We had a few warm days where we all went swimming and then the last few days you needed jeans, jackets or sweatshirts at night. I think it can be either or, weather wise that time of year. I was glad I packed a few or each (shorts/long pants) and our light jackets. People were buying up the sweatshirts in the parks like crazy when the cool weather came suddenly.

RobinLyn:D

Jersey week?! I was wondering why everyone was from Jersey.

I was there during the first week of Dec 2001. I didn't think the parks were too bad, but ASMO was chaos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter