• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TIW expiration question

holden

DIS Veteran
I’m purchasing a TIW card in August 2019. Will it expire at the end of September 2020? Thanks!

Should be good thru August 31, 2020

I’m purchasing a TIW card in August 2019. Will it expire at the end of September 2020? Thanks!
It should expire at the end of the month following the month of purchase. So it will expire the last day of September. We’ve bought the card every year since 2011 and they always give you an expiration date of the last day of the month following the month of purchase.

Last edited:
Should be end of September. End of the month following month of purchase (officially it's 12 months from purchase). We bought December 3, 2018 and it expires January 31, 2020.

Maybe. We bought one in early Jan and it expire exactly one year later.

It will expire the end of September. You can count on that. It’s always been that way. Just call and ask them - I have no idea why people post what they do, but the folks at TIW will be happy to answer your question.

Last edited:
It will expire the end of September. You can count on that. It’s always been that way. Just call and ask them - I have no idea why people post what they do, but the folks at TIW will be happy to answer your question.

People post what they do because they’ve had that experience. It seems to be something the CM has to do, to make it the correct expiration date, and some CMs don’t do it right. But for those who contact TIW, it gets fixed.

What’s a TIW card?
Tables in Wonderland. Discounted table service and a few counter service dining locations. Available to Florida residents, AP holders and DVC members. Fee is either $175 or $150 depending on your eligibility.

People post what they do because they’ve had that experience. It seems to be something the CM has to do, to make it the correct expiration date, and some CMs don’t do it right. But for those who contact TIW, it gets fixed.
Again, people can post whatever they like, but the fact that the 12-month expiration date you were given was a mistake by the CM would have been useful information to someone asking the OP’s question.

Again, people can post whatever they like, but the fact that the 12-month expiration date you were given was a mistake by the CM would have been useful information to someone asking the OP’s question.
Technically, it's not a mistake to date it for exactly one year. That's what the rules on the card say. It's good for one year. The extra timing has been a convenience added because you use to only be able to purchase it via mail and the extra time was given to cover the difference used by mailing rather than buying it and using it immediately.

Technically, it's not a mistake to date it for exactly one year. That's what the rules on the card say. It's good for one year. The extra timing has been a convenience added because you use to only be able to purchase it via mail and the extra time was given to cover the difference used by mailing rather than buying it and using it immediately.
Yeah but even with all those words the card still doesn’t expire 12 months after purchase.

Yeah but even with all those words the card still doesn’t expire 12 months after purchase.
Mine did. Exactly one year. So there isn't a guarantee you will get more than one year. Many people do, but some people don't.

Mine did. Exactly one year. So there isn't a guarantee you will get more than one year. Many people do, but some people don't.
You said you could call TIW and they would “fix” it. I’ll concede you are correct and that the card can have an expiration date of one year after purchase. But if OP buys the card on August 1, 2019, he or she will be able to use the card for a discount on September 30, 2020. I think that’s what OP was asking.

Last edited:
We bought one in December and they told us that it will expire Jan 31, 2020.

You said you could call TIW and they would “fix” it. I’ll concede you are correct and that the card can have an expiration date of one year after purchase. But if OP buys the card on August 1, 2019, he or she will be able to use the card for a discount on September 30, 2020. I think that’s what OP was asking.

Yes. This is what I was asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter