To all of you PS Dining 'freaks'....

pstepka

DIS Veteran
Before my last trip (August 2003 at BCV) to WDW, I couldn't understand the, shall I use the word...OBSESSION, with PS and food and dinners, etc. We used to just eat counter service, pop tarts in the room, etc. and were perfectly happy. Maybe it was because the kids were much younger then, but it was certainly FINE for us. We did not feel we had to eat a great meal every night, we did not feel we needed to spend 60.00 for BREAKFAST just to see characters, etc.

Well...our last trip totally spoiled us and now I hate to admit it, but I'm almost already planning our meals for our next trip (which is not even planned yet!)

I was SO sad to leave WDW because that meant no more Cape May clambakes!!! No more character breakfasts...no more quick YUMMY dinners at ESPN!

So, my apologies for thinking you guys were crazy...hopefully, you'll accept me into your dining cult!!!:crazy:

Pam

Pam, I just have to send you a big warm welcome as the newest "freak" in the PS dining cult! :)

Welcome! I must warn you tho, it only gets worse from here.

I fondly remember the days when you could make same-day PS at Communicore in EPCOT!

Obsessed, us?
Just because we bring extra pairs of shorts in a larger size on every trip does not make one obsessed with Disney Dining!

Who me, a card carrying member of the PS Dining Freaks?

YES, I AM! Mickey

My best advice to you, my friend, has nothing to do with dining. If you've become ps addicted.....you better not get an AP. They're MURDER on the pocketbook!!!!
lol
(see my tag? TF knows me well!).
NancyL

We used to do all counter service/breakfast in the room too but through all the trips we've tried different things and now we love them and miss them and want them ALL when we go and just can't choose. :) I'm hoping soon we'll have a bad experience and we can trim down our list. ;)

I am glad to see I am not the only PS freak. We went a few years ago and learned real quick if you want to eat sit down dinner you better have a PS. So every trip since then I have them all planned. We all pick places we want to eat and work our park visits around our PS's. Is that sad?? We had 2 additional guests with us last year and I think they thought I was nuts. Needless to say they won't be joining us again (we're not inviting them)!!

PS Freak and proud of it!!

JGHRA
:earsgirl:

Glad to see that I am not the only ps freak out there. On our first trip to WDW the first part of our trip was mainly counter service but we learnt pretty quickly that if you want to eat in the nicer restaurants a ps is a necessity.

I don't think I'm quite up to the level you all are at (yet), but then I think it's because I have a couple of young kids. During the day, we're still counter service people. BUT...on off park days, those character breakfasts were WONDERFUL, and I did make my husband go to Cape May two nights in a row for Dinner! Now..we LOVED ESPN Club, also, for dinner so I was able to do that w/o a PS (we did eat late while at Disney, though, so I think that helped us getting last minute seating when we wanted it).

I loved Cape May so much I'm considering asking my husband to take me when we visit his parents in FL (they're two hours away!!!). I'll be thinking...we're SO close...why not just pop over for a night, have dinner, etc.!!! I don't think I'm going to be able to be in Florida at all without thinking I could be having dinner at Disney somewhere! More reason to buy DVC and just pop over to a studio for a night or two when we're down visiting and doing a non-Disney trip!

I can definitely see our next trip will be a ton more planning now that I have to figure out PS for each day, also!!!:eek: (although 1/2 the fun of the trip is the planning!)

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter