• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Call or Not to Call for PS

disneyw/kids

Mouseketeer
To Call or not To Call

My 90 days is tomorrow and there is a lot of debate about whether or not people should be calling for PS right now. In my opinion like others I think if I don't call then I will be giving up my chance for CRT, I am not trying to sound selfish but I think they should not take PS at until Tues if that is what disney wants to do but for some to call and some feel like they should not someone will miss out. I am concerned about people in florida and those who have to reschedule, disney should have a special number for them to call with no wait times.

That is a tough one when you are considering Cindy's. Otherwise I would say not to call but I agree that they shouldn't be taking calls at all if they are wanting to focus on the hurricane issues.

I just read in another post that just CRO was asking you not to call , that a CM said if you want CRT or PSB you should call as usual. I think it would be ok to call if you are calling the disney dining number. IF you get the recording that asks you not to call for PS because of the weather hang up....good luck.

Call. If Disney didn't want you to call for CRT, then they wouldn't be taking 90 day reservations. Period.

Lori

I called today and got right through, and I plan to call tomorrow for my PS's as well. I haven't seen anything that says "Don't call" and the person I spoke to today was not in Florida, so they are taking measures to get their incoming phone calls taken care of - so until I see something official from Disney that says "we're not taking phone calls", I'm going to go on business as usual.

At first I was going to wait a few days, but changed my mind because I didn't want to lose out on my PS's just because I was trying to be nice to the call center, while someone else went ahead and made the phone call anyway....

If you want Cindy's or PSB, call.

I'm waiting until next week to finish my PS's but I've already book the hard to get ones.

We waiting too. But, I agree for Cindy's I would call and wait on any other PS's atleast for a few days.

I just spoke to a very nice cm out of Tampa for Disney Dining. I was asking about my call date for tomorrow. Anyway, she said they are very short staffed today- but I got right through- no waiting. She said tomorrow should be full staff and they expected the phone lines to be slammed with calls. They are operating on a generator and she said she thought they were closing at 5:00 today. Her concern was for power. She said she's afraid if they are still on generator tomorrow that it won't hold out with everyone back at work and using their computers.
Guess we'll see tomorrow...
She didn't mind at all that I was calling. I told her I was from Alabama and we got to talking about the hurricane- that should be getting us any time now- hopefully not as bad as it hit Florida though!!!princess:

I hope that you did call. My sister did not because of the hurricane and was shut out for the last two daysof her late Nov./early Dec. trip. So now we will be in search of a cancellation because it is the only meal my niece requested and it is her and her twin brother's 7th birthday during the trip. Good luck!

We are going to wait a week since most of our seatings are pretty easy to get. For the last 2 years we were on the hunt for Cindy's. I would have called for that if we had that on our agenda since it is so difficult to get.

We get so excited making our PS and putting the confirmation number on our plans. But we also know, since we have family in florida, that not all phone lines are back up yet or electricity. So we decided not to add to the mess by calling yet.

Hopefully next weekend they will be in better shape. Out of all the areas we heard about, Disney seemed to be the best at being prepared. It was interesting to read posts on this board. If I ever get stuck at Disney during a terrible storm, I will check into the AKL as they seemed to really have their act together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter