To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

My head hurts from all the #math, so I went with vaguely close predictions with fun number patterns

5K - 20:20
10K - 40:40
HM - 1:35:35
M - 3:33:33
G - 5:15:15
D - 6:07:08

Tie Breaker - 123

You know, we could make it more complex. We could expand the contest to have all of us running Dopey make our own predictions for how we'll do in each race, have poor @roxymama expand her spreadsheet accordingly, and have a prize or bragging rights for whoever is closest to their own times.

Am I allowed to accept bribes and give out bonus points? I'm easily swayed by pictures of cute animals wearing running shoes and chocolate and beer via mail.
How about points if you find Billy at WDW and get a picture with him and his autograph...extra bonus points for getting a pic of him on course (though you gotta be pretty fast...no fair waiting in some bushes and jumping out to get your picture.) For those playing at home...just send that beer and chocolate.

I KID, I KID!! I wouldn't mess up the sacred spreadsheet. I have a tattoo now that says "trust the spreadsheets" after all. (I really don't.)

I may give out random prizes throughout the event though. They will be of no monetary value. :)

Am I allowed to accept bribes and give out bonus points? I'm easily swayed by pictures of cute animals wearing running shoes and chocolate and beer via mail.

Getting a head start on any potential bonus points.

mr-quiggly-super-bowl-ad.top.jpg

Okay, Billy... I looked back on your training cycle, and you really have had an incredible cycle this time around, so instead of being conservative (like I was last time), I think you are completely ready (both physically and mentally) for an exceptional Dopey performance. Be smart. Don't let me down!

5k - 20:27
10k - 43:19
HM - 1:36:47
M - 3:21:55
Goofy - 4:58:43
Dopey - 6:10:00 (I hedged a little bit here, but still a great overall time)
Tie Breaker - 50th (again, a little hedge - if you PR at all distances, you will definitely be top 50)

You got this!!

I KID, I KID!! I wouldn't mess up the sacred spreadsheet. I have a tattoo now that says "trust the spreadsheets" after all. (I really don't.)

So we'd have matching tatoos then...?

I think you should get this as a tattoo. I'm sure you can get it done in the Disney font.

Great call!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

via Imgflip Meme Generator

5k - 19:50
10k - 43:50
half - 1:38
full - 3:45
Goofy - 5:20
Dopey - 6:20

OMG!

That Buzz and Woody one is great! But when I quoted this to comment the LOTR one came up and that is simply amazing!

I forgot my Tie breaker: 101
Because Epcot opened on 10/1

Feel free to run faster than I guessed, it won't hurt my feelings. My guesses were the opposite of scientific. :)

5k: 20:30 Pluto born 9/5/30
10k: 43:28 Minnie born 11/18/28
Half: 1:39:34 Donald born 6/9/34
Full: 3:48:28 Mickey born 11/18/28
Goofy: 5:25:32 Goofy born 5/25/32
Dopey: 6:41:37 Dopey born 12/21/37

:confused3

Love the reasoning!

Okay, Billy... I looked back on your training cycle, and you really have had an incredible cycle this time around, so instead of being conservative (like I was last time), I think you are completely ready (both physically and mentally) for an exceptional Dopey performance. Be smart. Don't let me down!

5k - 20:27
10k - 43:19
HM - 1:36:47
M - 3:21:55
Goofy - 4:58:43
Dopey - 6:10:00 (I hedged a little bit here, but still a great overall time)
Tie Breaker - 50th (again, a little hedge - if you PR at all distances, you will definitely be top 50)

You got this!!

Thanks Brett! I do believe the better training cycle is due in credit to you and a few others that guided me to pulling back a touch. I've been able to run faster, more comfortably, and without any real noticeable "jelly leg" occurrences. I do believe I am in prime shape right now and am very excited to see what happens! And I'll do my best to be smart! Can't guarantee the not letting you down part though (if it's in reference to the accuracy of your predictions)! :D

I'll be interested to see how this plays out, but I have to believe the Dopey guesses will play a huge role in deciding the winner because of the double points on it.

Also @dis_or_dat I need a tie breaker cumulative Dopey rank guess.

I'm approaching this much like the Final Four brackets I completed in college - randomly. But that did result in a second place prize my sophomore year, so don't count me out yet!

5k - 20:28
10k - 42:28
HM - 1:38:00
M - 3:20:28
Goofy - 5:00:28
Dopey - 6:00:28
tiebreaker: 128

Ugh - that was too much math for me. I'm actually a double badger but here's the number of math classes I took to earn those degrees: 0.

I'm approaching this much like the Final Four brackets I completed in college - randomly. But that did result in a second place prize my sophomore year, so don't count me out yet!

Would it surprise anyone that I have a spreadsheet for making college basketball predictions?

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.34.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.35.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.35.34 PM.png

I had 64 brackets made last year. The goal was to enter as many contests as possible to win something. I did not. I created a bracket prediction tool using 538's probability power rankings tool (similar to Ken Pomeroy's Log5 calc) and then the random probability of one team beating another based on those odds of occurrence.

Ugh - that was too much math for me. I'm actually a double badger but here's the number of math classes I took to earn those degrees: 0.

Only 2 here that I can think of off the top of my head: Calculus and Life Science Statistics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter