To use or travel agent or not

Kimberlyfamilyfv

DIS Veteran
In the past I have used a travel agent. And I think I will again. The last time I used a travel agent I found all the best deals. The hotel, and the park tickets. Then I went to my local travel agent with all of my wishes in a sort of itenerary. I said this is the deal I found would you book this for me. She booked everything I wanted the way I wanted and it did not cost me a penny more.
The best thing about using the local travel agent was I only had to come up with 200 hundred dollar down payment and was allowed to make payments up until 3 weeks before my trip. It took a lot of the worry away from me because I knew everything was pre-paid. And I did not have to pay for anything at check-in.

I have heard a lot of people on these boards commenting that the loews hotels make it difficult to prepay for the hotel stays. And thus my discision to use a travel agent this time.

So I am asking all of you what is your opinion? To or not to use a travel agent. Just wondering.

Well, In my own personal experiences using a ta is not cost effective. I find that booking everything seperate on my own turns out to be a lot less expensive. Of course this is just my own experiences..... but that is how it's worked out for us. :D

I agree with Wendypooh - I always make the arrangements myself. I believe it is more cost effective and very easy to do.

If I were planning some exotic trip to a foreign country or even Hawaii, perhaps, I would use a travel agent, but Universal Orlando you can do yourself - IMHO.

I am having second thoughts about a travel agent. After I went the other day I realized I knew more than she did. I am sure I am not the only one going to orlando. You would think they would do their homework a little better and be more knowledgeable. And my goodness the fees. I don't remember having to pay fees that high.

I am going to do it myself this time.

I think that you will find it is a lot more economical when you do it yourself......... I know it has saved us a lot of money!! Good Luck and keep an eye out for all those discounts to be had!!:D

I only use a travel agent when booking a cruise. For everything else, I go on my own. I echo the response that if you do it on your own, it comes out cheaper by pricing your tickets, hotel, etc separately instead of a package. The other hassle is that any requests or changes can only be made by your agent, not you.

But to each his own. Some people like the idea of not having to worry about those details. I for one, enjoy it and it makes it a part of the experience.

Kimberlyfamilyfv- Why don't you post the particulars about you trip, dates, ticket types and hotel choices and I sure many from this board will assist you with prices then you can contact a TA and see how much more they really are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter