Today in History . . .

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
On July 24, 1847, Mormon leader Brigham Young and his followers arrived in the valley of the Great Salt Lake in present-day Utah.

On July 24, 1959, during a visit to the Soviet Union, Vice President Richard M. Nixon got into a discussion at a U.S. exhibition with Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev that was dubbed the ''kitchen debate.''

On July 24, 1969, the Apollo 11 astronauts, two of whom had been the first men to set foot on the moon, splashed down safely in the Pacific.

On July 24, 1998, a gunman burst into the U.S. Capitol, opening fire and killing two police officers before being shot and captured.

Believe it or not, DH and I had been to the Capital just the day before.

Thanks, Deb.

Thanks for another interesting history lesson Deb! :)

I was only alive for one event...and I dont remember it :rolleyes:

Wow, that shooting was 4 years ago? I remember it well. It was DH's 30th bday(yep, hes 34 today).
Thanks again for posting. These are so interesting.

Thanks, DEB..........Speaking of Brigham Young, I wonder how many Mormons live together BEFORE getting married:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ........

Eros...lol :p

thanks for the info Deb

I remember one thing 2day-
when the shooting happened in the capitol :( :(

not a godo thing to remember but at least I was around for something

Zero, EROS, if they wanted to stay in the Church.

I had an EX-Mormon colleague who got herself kicked out of the church when she 1) got divorced 2) moved in with her Jewish boyfriend 3) got pregnant 4) got married to Jewish boyfriend 5) acquired a taste for wine after living in France for a year -- in that order . . .

Wait a minute, DEB:confused: . What exactly got her "kicked out" of the Church?????

Living with her Jewish b.f.?????:confused: :confused:

Getting pregnant out of wedlock????:confused: :confused:

Marrying the Jewish b.f.????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Enjoying French wine???:confused: :confused:

OR.............ALL OF THE ABOVE???? :jester: :jester: :jester:

PopDaddy (Jason)!:yay:

What a blast from the past!!!! There are some names there that really brings back memories. Of course, I can't mention them, because then I'd be banned . . . :sad2:

What on earth prompted you to dig this up???:)

PopDaddy (Jason)!:yay:

What a blast from the past!!!! There are some names there that really brings back memories. Of course, I can't mention them, because then I'd be banned . . . :sad2:

What on earth prompted you to dig this up???:)

Who cares, I always enjoyed it also...please keep doing it:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter