Tomorrow SWA opens up Nov. fares.....what time do you think???

Why can't I see November on the calendar online? Am I doing something wrong? I put in my departure city/arrival city then click the calendar icon and see every month except November on.

I got antsy about a month ago worrying about gas prices, so I looked at other airlines, and saw Airtran for $101 each way and jumped on it, especially since they were both nonstop. My stomach has been in knots since then worrying that I did the wrong thing, until this morning...
Flying in and out of Dallas, the cheapest I could find, $406 RT!!! :faint: Slightly more than DOUBLE what I already booked, and none non-stop! I 'm so glad I did Airtran!!:hyper:

What is this about Airtran's schedule not being finished?? :confused: I bought tickets, and haven't heard from them, so should I worry? Will my flights be cancelled? Good lord, from one panic to another in under 10 seconds!:scared1:

Good for you! :thumbsup2 We leave from DFW 11/19, I saw the fare you got and decided to wait for SW (that was a mistake!) I'm just thankful that I can still get AirTran today for $972 RT for 4, SW is about $1300 and the flight times are not as good as Airtran's.

After booking, I'll just keep checking the Airtran site to check on schedule changes. From what I've read, airtran won't contact you until closer to your departure date. But I have also been watching the airfare for months now and Airtran hasn't made any noticable changes out of DFW.

Well... we're booked. 5 of us flying from Phoenix on 11/30 returning 12/9. I've been waiting for SW to open, hoping for great fares but we ended up at $308/ea going and $199/ea coming back which is pretty cruddy. We could have flown US Airways for $238/208 - but after reading here and the UScareways / uselessairways flights delayed, etc stories we decided to pay a bit more for Southwest.

That said, our flight times are great (we arrive at MCO at 2:20pm), they're both non-stops (which we wanted with 3 young kids) and we have the peace of mind flying on an airline we're confident about not making a zillion changes between now and when we fly.

Gonna cross my fingers for dings or something in the future but flying on one of the 2 busiest days of the year. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Still...we're going to Disneyworld so YAY!!

R

Well a nice SW rep helped me. I decided to fly home on Friday 28th vs. 29th.....she refunded my 195 to my credit card. I didn't have another credit to worry about.

Once I saw SW cruddy fares I was thankful that I could still get AirTran for the same fare they have had available all week. By the time I booked it was $15 more per ticket. Grr!

I'm thankful the stress of deciding on airfare is finally over! I can now relax and concentrate on just being there not getting there :)

I HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK..........MY brain is dead. I think I need to stay off Dis for a few days. :rotfl2: I have two trips I am in the middle of planning and the SW STRESS TODAY.....did me in. :faint:

Well.. I did it.

I just bought our departing tickets at $171 plus tax.

I called SW and the flight I want is already almost half full.... at least that is what the lady told me. She said that since it is a Sunday and the first flight of the day that it always fills up first. She also said that my fare is the cheapest and once those seats fill up then it goes to the next level of fare which is more expensive. ($230 plus tax)

Since I need 8 tickets, I just couldn't take a chance of not getting the flight we want and the number of tickets we need if I were to wait.

This was stressful...

Now I can just get back to planning!!!!

I just booked mine as well at $159 one way for each part of the trip. I looked around and nothing else was even close so now I can cross that chore off my list.

I have my refundable "Anytimes" booked for our return, but I'm seriously considering staying an extra day and flying home on Monday morning.

Right now, my SW return fare is $1,100 for four. I just found an AA return the next day, nonstop, for only $298 for four. Even adding in the luggage fees they charge its still less than the cheapest SW return the next day ($560).

The $$ difference will more than cover a night in a hotel and a couple of meals. The kids will miss another day of school, but they were only missing 2 to begin with so another probably is no big deal.

True but those passengers have a reservation on a flight they like, a flight that will be flown and with a fare they're willing to pay. Any credit is a bonus.
Absolutely! :goodvibes But they were on the fence, and I was just pointing out the other side of the coin. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade. Having this madness behind you is a total blessing! Esp if you're booking for large groups, it's much harder to get a block of good airfare later on.

The flight I booked the morning has already gone up to the point where it's not even a web-only price.

So, my $160 one way fare is looking more and more like a good bargain. I paid $310 non-stop round trip and other airlines are quoting $380 - $480.

I'll keep watching for rate drops to get a credit, but I think there's snowball's chance in July of that happening.

Well, someone was looking out for me today! I am one very happy person!

I got $128 tics from BWI to MCO on 11/24 and $78 home on 12/6. The $78 fare went up to $173.

THen I checked back about an hour later and a flight opened up on 11/24 for $78!!! I did the quick cancel and book the new flight. Within 10 minutes, that disappeared and went up to $173.

So, moral of story, keep checking your dates and if you're able to be flexible, check surrounding dates. You might come up with a miracle like I did!

Whew, glad that is over!

We booked one-way for late October some time ago, form BUR to MCO, $159 each.

Our return date opened this morning and we bought it at $264.00 YIKES!!!!!!:faint:

But it is done and over. We have the flights we want on the day we want.

So $423.00 total to and from one coast to the other. Oh, and there's that hour lay-over in Las Vegas! :dance3:

We just checked, and the flight we booked is now $291.

If it goes less, we'll gladly take the credit. IF not, we'll do the happy dance as it goes up.

Good for you! :thumbsup2 We leave from DFW 11/19, I saw the fare you got and decided to wait for SW (that was a mistake!) I'm just thankful that I can still get AirTran today for $972 RT for 4, SW is about $1300 and the flight times are not as good as Airtran's.

After booking, I'll just keep checking the Airtran site to check on schedule changes. From what I've read, airtran won't contact you until closer to your departure date. But I have also been watching the airfare for months now and Airtran hasn't made any noticable changes out of DFW.

Well, I hope Airtran doesn't change much. I REALLY need the non-stop flight. Or rather, everyone else on the flight needs me to have a non-stop flight! I have 3 little ones under 5, and the youngest (DS1) just learned that if he SCREAMS, he gets attention. Oy.

I'm leaving for the world on the 21st, and coming back TDay, so I guess we'll be there at the same time!

Another one who had to bite the sticker shock bullet!! :faint:

It indeed has been a stressful day competing for those tickets TG week for our group of 12. By the time all was said and done we purchased @$375pp/$4,500. :eek:. This was the last piece of the puzzle, so after my shock wears off, hopefully I can relax and get excited. Afterall, you really can't put a price on family trips making special memories. :lovestruc

After today, I am so ready for the magic too begin!?!?! :wizard:

It must be 5:00 Somewhere????? :lmao:

Well, someone was looking out for me today! I am one very happy person!

I got $128 tics from BWI to MCO on 11/24 and $78 home on 12/6. The $78 fare went up to $173.

THen I checked back about an hour later and a flight opened up on 11/24 for $78!!! I did the quick cancel and book the new flight. Within 10 minutes, that disappeared and went up to $173.

So, moral of story, keep checking your dates and if you're able to be flexible, check surrounding dates. You might come up with a miracle like I did!

WOW I AM SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS. :(

1-800-USA-RAIL
Take the Train....;)

Thx NJBILL :thumbsup2 ! Believe me, I thought about it when I saw the ticket prices ;) and I think a lot of people will turn to train! Our DD and family of 5 in NC (who will be joining us) got their train tickets on sale awhile back for $450 RT total. :)

Considering inflation, I don't know I was :eek: ?! As I posted on previous page, we bit the bullet and went with SW. We have always been impressed with their service and am most greatful we got a non stop flight...not too mention, can ck 2 bags and carry on for free and even have a window seat for no xtra cost :cool2:! Not that I'm expecting it, but according to our group contract, if the price by chance decreases before travel they will even refund the difference. :worship:

More importantly by 10:45am Nov 22 we'll be in Orlando with our kids, IL's, and sweet grands on our way to see Mickey and the gang and spend Thanksgiving together ~ that in itself is priceless :lovestruc !?!? I believe life is short and we only go around once. Our family grand gathering has been a long time in the making and a dream come true for all of us. I am happy to say I am over my shock and refuse to let any thing put a damper on our trip! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter