Tomorrow SWA opens up Nov. fares.....what time do you think???

Last Year similar dates
RETURN FLIGHTS:
Cost and Payment Summary
Air $ 368.36
Tax $ 54.84
PFC Fee $ 36.00
Security Fee $ 20.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Payment: $479.20

THIS YEAR SIMILAR DATES ONE WAY FLIGHTS!

Cost and Payment Summary
Air $ 333.02
Tax $ 38.98
PFC Fee $ 18.00
Security Fee $ 10.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Payment: $400.00

We ARE DRIVING! Our fares: $182 each way, for 5 people! Total $1900 from BHM to MCO and back! No way!!

We ARE DRIVING! Our fares: $182 each way, for 5 people! Total $1900 from BHM to MCO and back! No way!!

I don't blame you one bit.
DH and I are talking about driving, but we are in CT. And with three little ones, I don't know how feasible that is. We've never done a long car trip before.
AAA fuel cost calculator estimates $400 in gas RT. Sure beats $1300 to fly.. but then I have to calculate one night of hotel each way and meals, etc. :worried:

OMG!!!
I just rechecked my flights. Apparently, my return flight has gone up to $173 when I just got in for $78!!

WOW! I usually don't get so lucky!

I'll pinch myself to make sure it's real! I'm a pretty happy camper, considering. Do I wish for $49 flights like days of old?? Sure, but times they are a changing.

I don't blame you one bit.
DH and I are talking about driving, but we are in CT. And with three little ones, I don't know how feasible that is. We've never done a long car trip before.
AAA fuel cost calculator estimates $400 in gas RT. Sure beats $1300 to fly.. but then I have to calculate one night of hotel each way and meals, etc. :worried:

I get anxious about that as well but we only have two children (5 and 2) at the time of travel. Both are pretty laid back, etc. But then I saw an episode of Jon & Kate plus 8 where they drove down to Disneyworld with all of their 8 kids (I think at the time it was two 6 year olds and 6 2/3 year olds). I thought well if they can do it we probably wouldn't have an issue.

Southwest discontinued their coast-to-coast nonstops (such as LAX/Baltimore) several months ago; their longest domestic flights that I know of are approximately 4 to 4 1/2 hours long, such as Nashville/LAX, or Phoenix/Baltimore.

There are flights from BHM/MCO starting at $235.00 R/T, depending on your travel dates.

OK question- if i got the 'wanna get away', and then in 2 weeks, the fares drop, if I change my tickets, to I get the money back or in form of a SW credit??

OK question- if i got the 'wanna get away', and then in 2 weeks, the fares drop, if I change my tickets, to I get the money back or in form of a SW credit??

The "Wanna Get Away" fare is non-refundable; you'll get SW Credits in the event you change due to a price drop.

Blech. Southwest was to expensive for a BWI-MCO round trip. Airtran came in at $99 each way for non-stop flights, which seems like a pretty good deal.

Blech. Southwest was to expensive for a BWI-MCO round trip. Airtran came in at $99 each way for non-stop flights, which seems like a pretty good deal.

Ha!! My BWI flight was $238.... ONE WAY!!!

Wow. Okay, that's expensive! So I guess I got a good deal?!

This is for a early November trip. Leaving on Sunday coming back on Sunday. They're also both non-stop. Hopefully they don't get cancelled before then....

Ugh... I didn't write down my return confirmation number and I STILL have not gotten the email.... damn it!! This day is turning to crap!!!

Wow. Okay, that's expensive! So I guess I got a good deal?!

This is for a early November trip. Leaving on Sunday coming back on Sunday. They're also both non-stop. Hopefully they don't get cancelled before then....

Yeah - we are going down Dec. 22-27th... I was expecting pricey - just not THAT pricey... especially from SW.... LOL

Does Airtrans charge for Baggage (yet)?

Airtran charges for baggage and aisle and window seats I think.

And I don't think they have finished with their schedule changes. I think they aren't going to have their final schedule out until September.

Their prices are cheaper than Southwest for me, but Southwest has better times and I'm hoping for dings and price decreases.

Kim

I needed four tickets - two were reward tickets and two we had to pay for. Houston to MCO Nov 8-14 - $555 total for two tickets. I really don't think that's bad. I was expecting $350 a ticket. I was most worried about getting the two "free" tickets but everything worked out fine!

I am thinking of changing my 238 fare on Sat. Nov. 29th to 28th saving 195 total airfare and dropping that night resort fees too. If we come in on the 20 vs. the 21st we save a total of 225 in airfare and the resort fee that night is 73 bucks cheaper vs. staying that FRiday night the day after Thanksgiving. SO....I get a credit on SW for 195....and then book my ticket for the 20th instead. I have not booked that yet. So what do you guys think????? I mean we weren't doing a park day on Friday anyway....TOO CROWDED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter