Toon Town pictorial :-).

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Visited the park yesterday (as I do virtually every Sunday ;-)). Since Indiana Jones opened on Friday, I decided to rope-drop it. I’m not an obsessive person by any stretch… except when it comes to DL. I love rope-dropping Fantasyland and breaking that routine almost makes me feel as if I’ve defied a ritual.

In any case, rope-dropped IJ and was the first one there (along with a few very nice people I met at the rope)! We were, of course, disappointed that the attraction was down :-(. You only get one rope-drop per day and your choice of attraction can sometimes feel like a roll of the dice. POTC was also closed… and I think BTMRR was as well. So I went to HM, which was only about a five-minute wait.

I rode Buzz several times later. My first few scores weren’t great: low millions. Then towards the end of my sortie I finally (and barely) broke 2M. I thought my score was at around 2,080,000, so I stopped shooting (because, as I note in nearly every post, exceeding ≈ 2,097,000 resets your score). It’s easy to lose track of your score - I often do - and I did so yesterday. It’s aggravating when that happens because I could have easily scored another 80,000. Oh well. As I always say to friends, any complaints I have at DL are First World, one-percenter complaints ;-).

Incidentally, Matterhorn closes April 17 for refurb… if you didn’t already know.

Finally I headed to the newly-reopened Toon Town. It isn’t often that we get a new attraction or revamped land at DL so of course it was worth a visit. I was pleased with it: lots of nice colors and cool areas. One of the neatest things to me was that several areas had patches of fake grass. It lent the place a fresh look; as if actually was a park. There was a large(ish) grassy area towards the back that was setup merely as a chill-out space, which I loved. Ran into some girls I know who’d dressed for the occasion.

I’ve got plenty of park maps, if anyone would like a set. Simply send me a DM.

Now: what you’ve come for: pics! And I’ve got a lot of ‘em.
929ED73C-1F52-4304-AD8F-6375CA026BFC.jpeg418D734E-3DB7-4031-A0FB-782D13D3F110.jpeg636F4393-8D4F-46D4-AB86-390AF6A62F8D.jpegA1B3C66C-E6A8-4531-865C-E5B4D387ADEC.jpegC4D94424-23D4-44AD-AA63-AE547DA38E41.jpeg7DBACC88-D6B9-47E9-8AD2-9B591571575D.jpegF8C411C6-B4C7-4277-A538-4046804C315F.jpeg669210C0-416E-4079-8E1C-AF75B27FF64A.jpeg4755BF0B-16AB-4823-A355-D2DD17A0BB52.jpeg1564AEC9-C75F-41DA-B96F-49C7E804D7B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Hi Rob ! Really enjoyed the pictures and your park report. Too bad about IJ and the others being closed at rope drop. Is the path way now open all the way through Adventureland to Pirates etc or is it still blocked off ? Hope to see you and say "Hi" in May. In the mean time we'll be following along here on your park reports. Thank you for posting

Gorgeous pictures, as usual!

Can't wait to see it all 'in person'. I don't think I've been in TT since my kids were little. They're in their 30s now.

Looks so fun! Does the fountain "do" something? It seemed like a lot of people in your picture were watching it.

I am so impressed with Toon Town. It's always been my favourite "land"
The only thing I'm concerned with is the stroller parking.
In vlogs it has taken over the largest grassy area which I assumed was for picnics.

I am so impressed with Toon Town. It's always been my favourite "land"
The only thing I'm concerned with is the stroller parking.
In vlogs it has taken over the largest grassy area which I assumed was for picnics.

I expect if people with strollers are picnicking they aren't going to be taking their kidlets out of strollers for that. Hence, lots of strollers.

I expect if people with strollers are picnicking they aren't going to be taking their kidlets out of strollers for that. Hence, lots of strollers.
No these are not picnicking people
This is the ENTIRE area filled with strollers parked by CMs

And of course you’d take your kids out to have a picnic, how sad if your kid isn’t sitting on the grass with you to eat.

:thanks:Rob from me as well for taking the care and time to share such great pictures with us::MickeyMo

Have any of you gone through Mickey or Minnie's houses since the remodel? I always thought Minnie's was adorable and a lot of fun. Mickey's felt dark and sort of dank. Hoping his house got brightened up some :)

Thank you and prayers for anyone going to DL to be safe and have a wonderful time!

Hi Rob ! Really enjoyed the pictures and your park report. Too bad about IJ and the others being closed at rope drop. Is the path way now open all the way through Adventureland to Pirates etc or is it still blocked off ? Hope to see you and say "Hi" in May. In the mean time we'll be following along here on your park reports. Thank you for posting
Meh. There's always next Sunday. Or the one after that. Or the one after that. Or... you get the idea ;-).

Yes, the Adventureland path now goes all the way through to POTC. The new treehouse isn't open yet. The CM I asked about it wasn't sure when it would be.

Great photos, thank you. I couldn’t see the shop, is there still one in toontown. I always spotted things in the toontown shop that I either hadn’t seen or had overlooked in other stores in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter