Top 10 Signs You Are Addicted to Disney aka You Know You Need Help When...

momtobrynncess

DIS Veteran
Let me preface this by saying that all of these accurately describe me. I have barely been back one month, having stayed for 10 glorious days at Poly, and I literally cannot wait to go back. I spend far too much time thinking, dreaming about being there, and how I can find a way to get back before the end of 2009. Some of the "top ten" are just silly and not serious, but see if you can find some that apply to you. And feel free to add your own. I'd love to hear some that I did not think of myself!

1) You have a dream that you went there (without your family??!!)
2) You try to find a way to talk your spouse into spending your Christmas bonus check or income tax check on a vacation, even though you know the money needs to go to bills or some other important thing.
3) You check religiously everyday here on Disboards/Disney.com for new discounts (I know about the 4/3 one already).
4) You repeatedly watch the Travel Channel's Disney shows, no matter how many times you have already seen them.
5) Your head spins around 360 degrees when you hear the magical music of the Disney commercial come on the television.
6) You find yourself scheming with your five year old to find a way to convince your spouse that once a year just isn't enough.
7) You keep looking at the roof that needs replacing, thinking, it can last another year, right?
8) Your spouse agrees to do the Disney Cruise, and you're wondering how you can parlay that into a land/sea vacation.
9) You look on the Disboards to see if there is anyone else posting their addictions, hoping there is someone else out there who is as obsessed as you.
10) You spend every waking moment, thinking about, reminiscing, and wishing you were there, to the point that it takes up far too much time in your day. AND you start thinking about moving there, and trying to get a job at Disney.

Speaking of which, and this is for the Cast Members who may be reading about my sickness: Does it take away any of the magic when you work there? Would it be any less magical if I could go there everyday? Which is what I dream of? But would I love Disney less if I worked there?

Thanks to all for listening! If you are as obsessed as me, please add to the "Top Ten"!

11. You talk about moving there...even though you LOVE the four seasons you get to experience in your hometown where all of your family and friends live. And your husband can't stand it when it's warmer than 75 degrees.

12. You feel a slight disappointment when you book because that means you have to stop obsessing about that part of your trip.

13. Your friends and family consider you their "free" Disney travel agent.

Wow I'm really not alone...

I was just thinking today if there was any help for "disneyholic"...

I am too just been back a month from my Disney "pelerinage", 1 day BC, 10 days POR, 3 days Disney Vero Beach, 7 nights disney cruise, and a little stop at Disney HHI ont the way back home...and I thougth after that I'm fine for a while....and here I am, thinking night and day about how to convince my husband to go back this winter with the new super deal 4/3...:guilty:

And yesterday I was looking for any RN jobs ont the disney site...

so yes, I guess I understand you...

You are definitely not alone. I recently posted a thread that was entitled something like "I must have had a fever". We actually thought about going somewhere else in 2009. :lmao: But, it went away after 24 hours. I was so feverous I must have been out of my mind!

I have Disney World on the brain at all times. I am constantly thinking about our next trip. My family started planning our 2009 trip while we were still in Walt Disney World in August, 2008!

I have a Disney box in the corner of our spare bedroom. I am always putting little things in the box for our next trip.

I buy things off the www.disneyoutlet.com website. I just purchased t-shirts for next year. Only....$4.99 each so you can't beat that.

I took advantage of the buy 4/get 3 free promo. Saved $300.00 and now I'm thinking what's something special we can do with that $300.00 when we are in Disney next May.

We will be celebrating our son's 12th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary while we are in Disney World, 2009. I can think of absolutely no better place than Disney World to celebrate two such special occasions!

boy you are not alone by alot.

look at my posts now I couldn't have gotten that many with out a BIG problem.....

12. You feel a slight disappointment when you book because that means you have to stop obsessing about that part of your trip.

That one is right on the money! How about:

13. You book your "perfect" resort, then second-guess yourself for several sleepless nights because you're not sure you made the right choice. (This is so me right now...just changed my January resort for the 3rd time today...):scared1:

and

14. You occasionally hop onto Disney's site and price vacations, even when you're not really planning a trip.

and

15. You occasionally price airfare to Orlando in the hopes of finding a really low fare that would be reason enough for another trip to WDW.

You are soooo not alone...it is a sickness! But one I enjoy! :rotfl:

10) You spend every waking moment, thinking about, reminiscing, and wishing you were there, to the point that it takes up far too much time in your day. AND you start thinking about moving there, and trying to get a job at Disney.

Speaking of which, and this is for the Cast Members who may be reading about my sickness: Does it take away any of the magic when you work there? Would it be any less magical if I could go there everyday? Which is what I dream of? But would I love Disney less if I worked there?

Thanks to all for listening! If you are as obsessed as me, please add to the "Top Ten"!

First... I did # 10 I thought about, and wished so much that I now have a Florida License and Orlando Address to prove it! I moved in Sept 20 2008 and spent most of the last month or so in one of the parks :lmao:

In terms of working for Disney I did the college program in 2001 and I had a blast but I saw things that I will remember forever that do take away from some of the magic of it all but for the most part I had fun and it was fine!

Right now wdw is fully staffed and I am on a waiting list to try and get back into WDW. So if i get back in it will be a different role so not sure if it will change my response.

Oh and I love living in Orlando, its November 10th and its 80º outside today where as CT where I moved from is MUCH colder so Thank you Walt for making me get addicted and forcing me to move here :lmao: no more snow!

Everything you all have listed describes me! I was thinking I was crazy all this time, at least I'm not alone!!!

Ummmm....yeah.

*Cough* DH just applied to 4 jobs at Disney last week. He's been hunting for jobs for the last several months, and I (as his personal headhunter) have been throwing more than a few Orlando jobs his way. It's so cold here, and I was actually in a foul mood for several days this week, just because I knew it was warmer in Orlando. I have this whole fantasy (and lists to back it up) that DH gets hired, we move down (and skip the coldest part of the winter), and manage to spend DD's 3rd birthday in the World (BBB, Cindy's Castle meal, magic, fireworks...etc.) I need a hobby.:sad2:

We got back on October 25, and we're not planning on going back until January 2011 :-)sad1: ). I want to stay at the Poly in a Magic Kingdom view room, and that's the only way we can afford it. I tried to talk DH into taking advantage of the 4/3 discount, and he didn't even say no. He just laughed at me. (He will be paying for that someday.:rolleyes1 ). Even our Christmas presents are Disney! One of DD's presents is the Cinderella Castle, I asked for a Mickey Waffler (the one on Disney Shopping is SO COOL!), and DH and I are both getting some Mickey Mammoth Crocs (his are red and black, mine are pink and brown....that is...if they ever get our sizes back in stock).

So, yeah. It's an illness. Is it silly to buy a new Passporter when I'm not even going in 2009?

You are not alone. I am a DVC member and try to plan our trips every 3 months. A quick weekend in January, I tell my husband it's better than buying each other christmas gifts, A nice long week in April/May, and of course we need to be there for another quick trip for the 4th of July, I love the fireworks. Our main trip is a little longer in October. I'm ok when we are leaving disney because I know it won't be long until we go back. And between trips I am on this board! So I guess I'm just as hooked as everyone here.........:confused3

Were you describing me in the OP??? I guess admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery??

Here is one for the list:

#?? - You start getting depressed BEFORE you leave for your vacation knowing that the trip will be over before you know it.

#?? - You scheme to get your DH down to Orlando without your DD for a "long weekend" to find out more about DVC (that long weekend turning into an entire week and several thousand thanks to the 4/3 deal)

15. You occasionally price airfare to Orlando in the hopes of finding a really low fare that would be reason enough for another trip to WDW.

QUOTE]

OR you rebook your flight and save $$ on airfare for your upcoming trip, so of course you HAVE to book another trip. After all, it would be wasteful to let those credits expire!:thumbsup2

Even car license plates remind you of Disney. I've seen DTD and AKV and the first thing that jumps into my mind is "Downtown Disney" or "Animal Kingdom Villas." I know, I'm not well!:rolleyes:

It's scary how well you have described me!!! All of the above describe me!! DH can retire in January and I have many years to go before I can retire. I had said I would work at WDW when I retired but now I think of how I can do it when he retires!!!

I've only been 6 times this year and am planning my December (for Christmas) and January (for my birthday) trips now!!!

#16.You enter every disney related sweepstakes everyday hoping you will be the grand prize winner!

I am 41 years old and I am so excited for our upcoming trips.....I dance around the house.....singing, "I'm going to Disney in 9 days!":banana: My kids think I am crazy. I have planned what I am wearing according to what park I will be in.....

Bought dd a christmas shirt that has a green christmas wreath on it in the shape of a peace sign....I told her it would be a lot cuter if it was shaped like a mickey head!!

My oldest dd sees mickey heads every where.....she found one in the green pepper we were cutting!!

Yes, I am addicted and I love every minute of it. :cloud9: :love:

17. you make being a "disney lover" a requirement when dating!:rotfl2:

#17. You try talking your spouse into moving to Orlando so you can go to Disney every day and actually take vacations to other destinations. I keep getting told there are other places that I need to visit...I don't believe them.

#18. You become extremely Grumpy if you don't get to Disney at least once a year.

#19. You find out one of your co-workers, friends or part of the family is going to Disney and you bawl like a baby because you aren't going with them.

#20. You find out one of your co-workers, friends or part of the family is going to Disney so you find a way to get back to Disney yourself before the date you actually selected.

#21. You make your brother who was a CM give you his memento's of working there so you can live vicariously through him.

#22. Your brother who lives there goes to Disney every day and has to call while he's on an attraction to rub it in as you listen to the music of Disney in the background.

Yep, you're not alone!!

Let me preface this by saying that all of these accurately describe me. I have barely been back one month, having stayed for 10 glorious days at Poly, and I literally cannot wait to go back. I spend far too much time thinking, dreaming about being there, and how I can find a way to get back before the end of 2009. Some of the "top ten" are just silly and not serious, but see if you can find some that apply to you. And feel free to add your own. I'd love to hear some that I did not think of myself!

1) You have a dream that you went there (without your family??!!)
2) You try to find a way to talk your spouse into spending your Christmas bonus check or income tax check on a vacation, even though you know the money needs to go to bills or some other important thing.
3) You check religiously everyday here on Disboards/Disney.com for new discounts (I know about the 4/3 one already).
4) You repeatedly watch the Travel Channel's Disney shows, no matter how many times you have already seen them.
5) Your head spins around 360 degrees when you hear the magical music of the Disney commercial come on the television.
6) You find yourself scheming with your five year old to find a way to convince your spouse that once a year just isn't enough.
7) You keep looking at the roof that needs replacing, thinking, it can last another year, right?
8) Your spouse agrees to do the Disney Cruise, and you're wondering how you can parlay that into a land/sea vacation.
9) You look on the Disboards to see if there is anyone else posting their addictions, hoping there is someone else out there who is as obsessed as you.

First, eyes on your own paper. :lol: BTDT, got several tshirts.

??? You have so many WDW that you could go a month without seeing the same one twice. (I actually got voted best tshirt on the 4th of July. The "I'm with Beast" thsirt. I had a friend make DBF a beast tshirt.)

MariaEllerºoº;28649943 said:
#19. You find out one of your co-workers, friends or part of the family is going to Disney and you bawl like a baby because you aren't going with them.

#20. You find out one of your co-workers, friends or part of the family is going to Disney so you find a way to get back to Disney yourself before the date you actually selected.

OMG...these are SO me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter