Topolino's Breakfast without Reservations Possible?

Joshh8314

Earning My Ears
I'm newer to Disney and will be taking the first family trip in a few weeks.

Naturally, I didn't know how quickly reservations would fill up and wanted to take the kids to Topolinos for breakfast one day.

I checked daily the entire 8 day of our trip and all reservations are booked up for breakfast 7am to noon.

Is it possible to get there early say by 8am and get breakfast without reservations? (even if have to wait a while)

Thanks in advance and any tips appreciated!

Will let others answer your question as I don’t know, but in meantime best to “stalk” reservations and 1-2 days prior to each morning something might open up because Disney has the 24 hour restaurant reservation canx policy. I keep a tab open in my browser and stalk daily. Sometimes a few times a day depending…

Just an observation from someone who tried stalking Topolino's! As a character breakfast, this seems to be a very difficult reservation right now. I had an opportunity last month to reserver 60+4 days out, and never got a slot. Good luck - hope you find one. I also never did see a walk-up waitlist opportunity there.

Just got back from WDW. Did Topolino's bfast on 2/13 (Sun. morning). We overheard the hostess stand at the front of the restaurant tell people who walked up that they are taking walk-ups (in fact, there was a big sign at the resort that said that walk-ups were available) for bfast. Same price, but you are seated at the bar/lounge area at the front of the restaurant. You can see the characters go by and participate in the cute clapping song, but the characters will NOT stop by the lounge area for selfies/photos/etc. Please note that the menu is the same - inc. the price - as if you were seated at a regular table with a reservation so the bar/lounge option is not a discount.

I also don't know if children are allowed in the bar/lounge. I'm assuming yes? We didn't see any children in the bar/lounge during bfast - just adults sitting at the bar talking to the bartender and not paying the slightest attn to the noise and hubbub in the restaurant. :)

It was a delicious breakfast and we thought the characters in costume & their dance was very cute. They went through the restaurant several times we were there so we felt that the interaction was terrific. They also very QUICKLY took photos with families that requested.

As others mentioned, do stalk the dining website leading up to your trip. I can't emphasize this enough. With the canc policy, people drop ressies before the 24hr mark. As such, there usually is availability the day/night before the day you're looking for. Be patient & check often.

Last edited:
I looked at the app earlier today. Around 9 am the app said wait time was 40 mins for walk ups and this is on a long weekend.

Just got back from WDW. Did Topolino's bfast on 2/13 (Sun. morning). We overheard the hostess stand at the front of the restaurant tell people who walked up that they are taking walk-ups (in fact, there was a big sign at the resort that said that walk-ups were available) for bfast. Same price, but you are seated at the bar/lounge area at the front of the restaurant. You can see the characters go by and participate in the cute clapping song, but the characters will NOT stop by the lounge area for selfies/photos/etc. Please note that the menu is the same - inc. the price - as if you were seated at a regular table with a reservation so the bar/lounge option is not a discount.

I also don't know if children are allowed in the bar/lounge. I'm assuming yes? We didn't see any children in the bar/lounge during bfast - just adults sitting at the bar talking to the bartender and not paying the slightest attn to the noise and hubbub in the restaurant. :)

It was a delicious breakfast and we thought the characters in costume & their dance was very cute. They went through the restaurant several times we were there so we felt that the interaction was terrific. They also very QUICKLY took photos with families that requested.

As others mentioned, do stalk the dining website leading up to your trip. I can't emphasize this enough. With the canc policy, people drop ressies before the 24hr mark. As such, there usually is availability the day/night before the day you're looking for. Be patient & check often.

Appreciate the detailed response, thanks!

Today morning the wait was 20 mins at 8:40 am for walk ups.

now it’s 55

Last edited:
Today morning the wait was 20 mins at 8:40 am for walk ups

Okay was this for the lounge? or actual walk in breakfast? Probably dont know, but I have a couple kids, would like to sit down, but youd think they would leave a few seats for walk ups

Thanks!

Okay was this for the lounge? or actual walk in breakfast? Probably dont know, but I have a couple kids, would like to sit down, but youd think they would leave a few seats for walk ups

Thanks!
This is for the lounge area (apparently walk ups have to be seated there per posts above; I personally just searched the restaurant) but for 5 people and our party includes kids.

This is for the lounge area (apparently walk ups have to be seated there per posts above; I personally just searched the restaurant) but for 5 people and our party includes kids.

Thanks, Certainly something to think about, just sitting in the lounge, thanks!

I’ve seen it have walk ups. If you’re staying there you may be able to get in. But the best way to do it is get a reservation by stalking the app. Toggle between times, constantly refreshing. Sign up for free reservation finder on touring plans it can search two times and text you. I was able to get a reservation a few days before I went but it took A LOT of effort to get it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter