Tower of Terror pics

sters

<font color=red>Enjoys visiting resorts at WDW<br>
I really liked these pictures (taken by Jeff Keller) of the Tower of Terror! Thought it was here, but couldn't find it, so guess it was in another board, but there was a whole discussion of which park(Disney Studios in orlando or California Adventure in Anaheim) had the better ToT and why. Didn't want to "waste" the link.

http://www.lostworld.pair.com/disneyland/trip_reports/may04/index.html

It's been so many years since I rode ToT, long before kids, it was still on the single-drop sequence. I do remember it had an amazing queue area. What do the experts who've tried them both have to say? How are they different and which one do you prefer?

They are equal in my book for different reasons. The walk up and the 5th dimension room are great in Florida (though I have issues with the particular plants they used for the landscaping--they wouldn't last long abandoned without care here in CA), but the lobby, boiler room and drop sequence are better in CA.

I had to ride TOT at DCA a few times while we were there last week. My dw gave up the Tower about 3 trips ago to WDW, so she and our dd found a dry place each time to wait for me. Once through the TV room, I thought I was in the wrong line when we went upstairs the first time through to board the elevator. Every time after my first time, there was someone or a group that thought going upstairs was the incorrect line. Once on in the elevator the effects were really cool. I liked the wave goodbye to reallity stop. So, I like both DCA and MGM versions. In a weird way, I think DCA was tamer. Was it because the elevator doesn't move into the shaft right before the drop? I think MGM is more thrilling. The walk from the DCA tower to California Screamin' is quite a bit longer than it is from the Tower to Rock N Roller Coaster...that is a negative against DCA. I like to ride the RNRC and TOT back to back. I wonder if they could put a short cut through the Bugs Land to the CS? :) I think I like the outer appearance of the Tower at MGM more, but DCA's does look neat and very noticeable. We could see it standing tall when we first checked into our room at HoJos. Both Towers are a must for me to ride when visiting either location and both make me smile everytime I am on them. Very fun rides.

I have done both versions a few times. Both are good but the main difference is that the elevator at DCA never moves out of the shaft, through the 5th dimension room and into the drop shaft. You load and the car moves bakwards into the elevators shaft and just stays in that one shaft. They have a new special effects scene (very weak in my opinion) to take the place of the 5th dimesnion room. The WDW Tot has a more creepy "realistic" feeling. The DCA ToT has a more amusing cartoonish feel. The approach to the WDW version is much more atmospheric and effective. The DCA version appears to have been wedged into a small spot it was never meant to belong. The architecture of each building is good. The actual mechanics of the dropp seemed much better at DCA. I always told everyone that the wonder of the WDW Tot was that it was so smooth. I didn't think it could get better but DCA'a version is incredible. I tend to get a bit motion sicvk on rides, including the ToT. At DCA this didn't affect me nearly as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter