Toys for the trip down??

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any ideas for any kool, new toys to keep a ds6 entertained on the trip down???:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Does he have a game boy? This is the perfect age to introduce him to one if not. It is major money and the games are also expensive but it is so worth it. If he does have one, get him a couple new games for it.
Another thing DS loves is to do the mad lib story games. You can get the books at any good book store. They keep every one laughing for hours.

jordan's mom

Hi
We are driving with our ds3. We have books on tape, a cookie sheet with a rim so things don't fall off and then he can draw or color his books. There's a really neat toy you can find at educational stores or Hobby Lobby. It's a magnetic game. You can make different shapes with it...it's really pretty addictive, for adults too. There is a small one and a larger one. If you're brave you can give him silly putty and some comics. Felt boards are fun. A tv/vcr is great too if you have a long drive. We leave for Orlando tomorrow a.m....I should be finishing packing right now...taking a break. We are driving from WI. :(

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks for all your great reply's. We are leaving early Wed am. I still have so much to do, I haven't even started packing yet! We are so excited!:Pinkbounc

Don't forget all the car games you can play along the way. DS9 and I have been researching all we can find for weeks now. How about making up a few travel bingo cards... w/ things to look for along the way. DS9 even made up a card for DS2 covered w/ all tractors LOL his favorite thing to look at :D There's also the license plate game, word games to do, make up stories by having each person do one line each. As far as toys, we've picked up the Crayola Wonder Markers ( no marks on the vehicle or each other) a magna doodle, I've also been saving any toys that come in the kids meals from the fast food resteraunts for treats along the way. Game boys are a great idea, but remember some extra batteries. Have a great trip!

Both my kids really like those look and find books. I found some last year at JCPenney and TJMaxx that were disney themed. Where's Waldo and I Spy are also very good. Can borrow them from your local library too!

With three kids-DS12,DD6,DD4, we bring a bin of Lego or Duplo blocks. Not only are these good for the car, these are great for the hotel. We bring art supplies and have them do a picture a day with the favorite things they saw that day.

Pixter is a Fisher Price electronic hand held toy that looks a bit like a Palm Pilot PDA.

We have 2 add on games and plan to give our two DD two more on the way down.

Our girls 4 and 7 love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter