Tracey & Neil's UK Fairytale Wedding * A TON OF UPDATES PG 7*

Groomsmen Attire:

The Groom is wearing - Black suit, black shirt (or white?) & a Black Tie (I know it sounds more funeral'ish, but I don't care because he looks good in black.

The Qustion is: DO I PUT THEM ALL IN BLACK TIES (they will allhave white shirts) - OR SHOULD I PUT THE REST IN WHITE AND NEIL IN THE SAME TIE BUT IN BLACK???
Your thoughts/comments are very much appreciated:thumbsup2

We booked our photographer yesterday. It looks like were going to spend more than we thought on photograhy because we fell in love with the stuff he showed us, and more importantly put my Neil (who really hates photos and will disappear when a camera is out) at ease and he's actually looking forward to the photos now:worship: So I just put a deposit down there and then. He will fit in well with our family & friends and has a laugh while getting the job done, so there is no point getting other quotes. I can't wait to do the photos on the day now

My fiance is from the UK and he has this thing about standing out ... just as the bride looks completely different from the bridesmaids, he wants to stand out from his groomsmen. SO I would suggest having them in different ties.

HTH

I was a busy bunny at the weekend and got the crystals on my vases .....
IMGP3411.jpg

IMGP3413.jpg

And I did the flower girl wands. (Before is on the right, after is the pic on the left) Except it has a bigger bow on them now - a larger white organza bow
FlowerGirlWands.jpg

I've also changed my mind on the bridesmaid shoes .... I'm going to have them in black shoes now but with a bright coloured flower maybe to match whatever colour sash. And I decided to keep those orange shoes for photos etc... the photographers eyes lit up when I said I was going to wear bright coloured shoes so he obviously has great ideas for photos. I will still buy the benjamin adams scarlet shoes though because I love them and they are lower than the orange ones and I can change into them

Its been a bit of a nightmare getting an suitable appointment with the cake person. Neils rota at work is terrible so its partly our fault. I really want to go see her because she was excited to do our cake after I showed her the picture... so my feeling is, if she's enthusiastic on initial contact, she will put that enthusiasum into the cake on the day

OH OH OH - and I HAVE to show you what RustManFan did for me ... I opened the post up and gasped and then tears came to my eyes (I ust be in wedding mood!)
MonogramwithHearts.jpg

and this one, but think i'll be using the first one as it just has the edge
Monogramwithsquares.jpg

The monogram looks great! And I really love what you did with the flower girl wands, those are too cute :)

I have to make my mind up between getting one of these w-rings made and I really cant choose as I love them both!! So what springs to your mind when you see them??? Honest opinions are very much appreciated:thumbsup2

CurlyFittedWRing.jpg

OR ....

traceys.jpg

I LOVE the first set! To me, it combines a little modern day with a little vintage feel, and I'm all for the vintage/antique look :thumbsup2

Both rings are beautiful, my vote is for the first set as it has a classic vintage look the second looks more modern/contemporary. It depends on what style you prefer. Have you tried them both on for a comparison?

I really love the first one, but both are beautiful! I find the first one to be elegant and classic, while the second one is a bit more modern. Just depends on what your personal style is :goodvibes

I too agree that #1 is my favorite being more classic and vintage looking, while both are beautiful, really depends on what your style is and what you want! :-) Best of luck with all your planning and upcoming Wedding! :-)

Without seeing the e-ring with it, I would choose w-ring # 2, diamonds look more secure and it looks more for a girl. :-)

Thank you everyone.

Im glad you put why you would choose which ring you did because i'm definiately a modern style type of person and really dont like vintage. So whilst I like both rings, and most of you choose ring #1, i think the more modern look would suit me and my engagement ring the best (my e-ring looks exactly like the ring in #1).

Thank you for all your comments - they have definately helped me choose:thumbsup2

We had a lull in wedding organising and I havent posted much, but now I have a small update:

1. Veil - although I said I didnt want a veil - I now have two. A fingertip length and a cathedral length - I bought both mainly for picture opportunities, but i'm thinking the cathedral length will look best, but I will take both to my fitting and see what suits the dress the most.

2. Cake - we went for our first consultation monday night - it didnt start well because when we got there she had forgtten we were coming :(!! That annoyed me but I calmed down during the whole meeting because she was so enthusiastic about what we were having that she made my mood better. She also put ideas forward about incorporating the dogs and so now i'm very excited to see sketch's of what she has in mind. I think were going with 5 tiers (originally we were only going for 3!!), but one tier is going to be false because she said its too much waste of cake for 120ish people and a waste of our money

3. SUITS - Neil and I went to the same place I bought my dress last night for a suit consultation.
Firstly Neil got the hump because we were meant to be meeting at the shop and he thought it was a different shop so he walked in the wrong direction - so that put him in a mood when he finally got there - we were early so it didnt matter (I later asked him why he seems to always get the grizzles just before a wedding appointment!!)

But on a positive note he felt as ease with the shop guy (always a bonus with Neil!), he only got to try on trousers and a waistcoat and a prince edward jacket - he wants a normal dinner suit type length, but i'm trying to get him into the prince edwards length so he and the groomsmen stand out from the guests.

Long and short of it is we are going back tomorrow night to try on the whole sha-bang. And he said he will try the prince edward jacket just in case he likes it - so I have my fingers crossed x

I'm having a bit of a nightmare about hair - not wedding hair, normal regular colour & cuts!! I just can't find a place I like that does normal hair apps & visits the venue on the day of the wedding (I won't be near my home town on the day so need someone who comes to the venue). However in the wedding shop I picked up a card of someone they recommend and she does normal and wedding hair at the venue - so i'm going to phone her and book her for a cut this month. I think now is the time to start getting regular trims so my hair gets in good condition for the day. I will speak to her about when to go back to blonde so I don't have too many colourings before the day - I don't want my hair britttle!! But we shall see if I like her or not I suppose

Sorry for the lack of updates - Where has time gone?? People say that between booking and you actual day goes quickly, but this is mad!!

Anyway, there has been lots going on since my last update.

Where I left off ..... We were going for a 2nd suit consultation; general hair maintenance was causing me concern; our first cake appt didnt go well

So, where have I got to:

1. SUITS - I didn't get my way with the Prince Edward jacket :sad2: After more than an hour going back and forth with a lounge suit and a Prince Edward suit jacket we (I use that term very losely) decided on the Lounge suit. Neil felt more comfy in it. The shop assistants didn't help my case because all of them (at separate times) said Neil's frame was more suited to the Lounge suit jacket. I finally rolled my eyes and said yes to the lounge suit (although whenever we talk about it I make him feel ever so slightly guilty that's its not Prince Edward he he)
Here it is, please excuse the "gang" sign hand - he said he didn't know what he was doing when I took it, also excuse the quality - it was taken on my iphone!
Neilinloungesuit.jpg

This is the Prince Edward I wanted (again, excuse the facial expression - I seem to catch Neil in his worse poses!)
Neilinprinceedward.jpg

2. BRIDESMAIDS- we spent hours and hours visiting 5 different shops in my local town and it did not start very well. The first shop we went in were very snooty at the fact we hadn't booked an appointment - I said sorry, but other shops didn't ever seem to want me to book so thought they were the same, the got shouted at by another assistant from the back room that they were not like other shops. I should have walked out at that point. And then the level of "knowing the products you sell" was 0%. I asked the girl what kind of fabric a dress was, and she said "errr dunno - think its chiffon", my sister was happy to point out it was taffeter. Now the different between these two fabrics is like silk to polyester! Its VERY different!
We ended up buying the dresses from Abigails - the same place as the suits and my dress! It helped that their customer service is outstanding, so if they stock what I want, why go anywhere else eh? Once again, I forgot my camera so here is the picture from their website

mark-lesley-1163.jpg

They will be black, but one will have a bright orange lace in the back and the other bright pink

Now I cant make my mind up whether I want their hair UP or DOWN
I love this updo .....
bridesmaidshair2.jpg

The juinor bridesmaid is in a very similar style dress but with straps and the material is chiffon rather than taffeter like the eldest two. Once
Scarlett-1.jpg

I definitely want her hair like this ......
ScarlettsHair.jpg

3. CAKE - Apart from our awful experience at the first consultation, I have to say that cake testing is my favourite part of wedding planning so far (except for the dress shopping of course). The tasters are so yummy!!!! these were delicious!
TesterCakes.jpg

We have decided to go with this design .....
WeddingcakeDesign.jpg

Apart from the initial idea of a Mad Hatter style cake coming from the disney wedding that never was, our inspirations were .....
Mostly this ....
black-and-white-topsy-turvy-cake.jpg

Tier designs....
patternsarenice.jpg

top tier design....
DEFOwhatwewant.jpg

4. FLOWER GIRLS - Where going to leave their dresses until nearer the day due to them growing, but i've seen a gorgeous dress (excuse the picture quailty - once again, its my iphone!)
FlowerGirlDress.jpg

but I LOVE this also: (one with pink and one with orange)
FlowerGirlsDress.jpg

5. SAVE THE DATES - I finally made my STD's and sent them out. I was very surprised to find that most people thought we had bought them rather than make them. The black parts of the pattern on the left are actually flocked. I found that paper in a card shop which was being sold as wrapping paper, so very inexpensive.
OurFinalSaveTheDates3.jpg

I still don't know what I'm doing for invites though?????

6. RINGS - I ordered my ring finally. I decided to go with the squarer version, because as nice as the rounded edged ring was, people quite rightly said it was antique looking, and as i'm a modern girl I knew the more modern design would suit me.
traceys.jpg

So now I'm just waiting for a call to say the designer wants my ring to take a mould to make sure it fits perfectly round it

So - the only thing we have to get our act together with is Neil's ring.

Other than that, we are now waiting on everyone else to contact us to finalise the plan (ie tasting session for the meal and all the decisions to be made in respect of the venue)

I do have little projects that I can get started though.

1. As our meal is themed around the movies, I want to do little clapper boards as the place settings. Not sure how yet?
clapperboard.jpg

2. I would then like to do something which ties in with that as the table plan - but again - not sure how I can yet??? Any ideas?

3. I was going to buy cake pops for everyone favours, but I've tried one and I didn't like them. So, I bought a chocolate mould of the Oscars statue - I'll make them in advance and wrap them in a celophane bag with a gold ticket in the style of the "who's won this Oscar" card attached saying thank you.

4. Jewel up my shoes

5. Buy and jewel up some "comfy shoes" for me and the chief bridesmaid for the day.

6. Finish the white wicker hearts I am decorating (I shall post pictures as soon as its finished)

7. Make my wedding card box. I think these are a wonderful idea and really pretty ....
CardBoxforreceptionideablackandwhite.jpg

8. Finish the wands off - I thought that the sticks which the girls hold onto were too small for them, so i've bought some clear rubber tubbing which fitted perfectly so all i have to do is wrap it in ribbon. I also have to make the presentation boxes

9. I'm sure there are many many more!!!

Phew - that's quite a big update. But I'm told everything will go quite now for a while. I suppose I can keep myself busy with little projects and do a few testers of the invites?

Yesterday I ordered one of these .......
Artlockedesigns.jpg

It was alot more money than I was going to pay, but after searching the net and ebay the old saying "You pay for what a you get" is definitely true!! Were going to have us, and the two doggies. I have to send plenty of photos of us all in order for her to get it right in january.

I have also decided our name cards are going to be these .....
clapboard-place-card-holders.jpg

Tracey I love the cake topper! We are having one made as we speak with all our cats on it with us. They make such a wonderful keepsake don't they.

Love all your plans so far. It will be here before you know it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter