Tracking Cruising Restart: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the consensus here on what is the month that the first "pre-scheduled"/non-test cruise will happen? August? October? December? 2022?

RC just had a setback with 8 crew testing positive
I just saw an article on it. Four sailings on the Odyssey of the Seas have been cancelled due to this. The positive tests were 6 days after the ship arrived in the US, and it said the crew wasn't vaccinated until after the ship arrived in the US. So the ship traveled from Europe to the US with a mostly unvaccinated crew. Given the tight living quarters of the crew, I'm surprised it's only 8 crew members.

I just saw an article on it. Four sailings on the Odyssey of the Seas have been cancelled due to this. The positive tests were 6 days after the ship arrived in the US, and it said the crew wasn't vaccinated until after the ship arrived in the US. So the ship traveled from Europe to the US with a mostly unvaccinated crew. Given the tight living quarters of the crew, I'm surprised it's only 8 crew members.

Oh there will be more

I follow a former DCL CM who works on the Odyssey. They weren't going to be sharing cabins until the staff was fully vaxxed. He had a guest cabin (with balcony) until they got to the US, then moved into a crew cabin by himself for a bit. So that's probably why there aren't more cases. Some crew were partially vaxxed already. This crew member had to fly to London recently to get his second shot as we don't have Astrazeneca in the US and they didn't want to mix shots.

I follow a former DCL CM who works on the Odyssey. They weren't going to be sharing cabins until the staff was fully vaxxed. He had a guest cabin (with balcony) until they got to the US, then moved into a crew cabin by himself for a bit. So that's probably why there aren't more cases. Some crew were partially vaxxed already. This crew member had to fly to London recently to get his second shot as we don't have Astrazeneca in the US and they didn't want to mix shots.

I saw the Odyssey in person from Grills right nex to the RC terminal at Port Canaveral the weekend it was there (2 weeks ago now I think), and loved how the ship looked from the side, the giant cat with balls of yarn on the side is a neat touch. They seemed to do many of the vaccinations right there at the terminal from what I saw in person there. I hope this gets contained quickly and things get going
back to normal on it soon, it looks like a great ship. I know the Adventure of the Seas that left from Nassau with actual guests seems to be going ok, they are at Cozumel today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter