Tracy's Journal-The Saga and Drama of It All!

I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend after the kidney stone ordeal. No fun! Glad to hear you're back OP--nothing like some upheaval to throw plans out the window.

Take it easy at the gym today! Take care of yourself!

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday! :sunny:

Good Morning!

I was OP Monday & Tuesday with food and exercise! I even had only HALF of an ice cream soda last night...this week has started off well. :flower:
I did an hour of exercise Monday & also on Tuesday...I have to admit that the elliptical wore me out yesterday...

FOOD:
I am really enjoying the Southwestern EggBeaters...there is just enough kick in those to make them quite tasty. I'm back in salad mode...I need more leafy greens to cure my craving! Last night I had a HUGE salad with shrimp & balsamic vinagrette...yum! Today, I've got leftovers...a hamburger patty with peppers & onions and green beans. DD has a swimming lesson, so dinner is up in the air...I really wish her food tastes weren't so predictable--now that I have the new stove, I WANT TO COOK!! I've read quite a few articles on introducing new foods to finicky kids, so I think I'll try to expand her food choices gradually with the creative methods that other Moms have used.

EXERCISE:
The weather here is nasty, so I believe I'll take a walk at lunch in the parking garage & then hit the weights while DD is swimming.

HEALTH:
Nothing to report!! All is well!!

UPCOMING CHALLENGE:
DD, DMom & I will be going to visit my "Mammaw" next Thursday-Saturday in lovely Arkansas (my home state)...Mammaw is a rather robust woman who cooks for an army everyday--even though there is no army. A typical lunch/dinner menu is fried chicken/pork chops/ham and fried potatoes, fried okra, broccoli & cheese, mac & cheese, creamed corn, sweet potato casserole & biscuits/cornbread...meal after meal, very little variation...don't get me wrong, I love all of the above (except the okra), but she cooks a heart attack on a plate daily. Oh, and breakfast is biscuits & gravy, bacon & sausage with fried eggs. She will even make chocolate "gravy" for DD, if DD is so inclined...there's nothing like chocolate gravy & biscuits!!

On Saturday evening, we'll go visit Mom's brother & sister-in-law (DD's Godparents)...being an Italian family, I am forseeing a trip to Lazari's...

There is no gym anywhere near where we'll be...no sidewalks in the podunk cities that we're going to...so, I'll venture that exercise will be missed during the trip...so, if you look at all of that food with no exercise, I have a feeling that my "Black Crowes Blue Jean Challenge" is going to be tough to meet!

I think my plan will be to be as OP as possible this week & next week to make up for the unhealthy gluttony of next weekend...Mammaw is (soon-to-be) 81 years old, and I dearly love her cooking, so I have got to be good in the meantime!!!

Gotta go...boss in my office.

Your menu is making me hungry! What are these Southwest egg beaters you speak of? I may have to try that. I got so sick of eggs during my last low carb bout that I can hardly look at them at the moment. I've been egg free for 2 weeks now ;)

~Amanda

Wow you do have a challenge coming! You are doing the right thing by thinking it through before the visit. I know you will find a way to stay OP (or very close to OP)! Good Luck :wizard:

Sunny

Morning all!!

I've been super-busy at work this week...making up for last week's time off!

FOOD:
I've never met a biscuit that I haven't liked...LOL...other than a biscuit & gravy yesterday and a biscuit w/ honey this morning, I've been OP. I'll say I've been 90% OP, which is my goal. I think my biscuit craving has been satisfied...time to move on.

EXERCISE:
I made it to the Y yesterday for strength training & the elliptical. I had to go out of sequence with my strength training (other people in the way) and that was bizarre! I was bushed when I finished it! The elliptical is still quite effective in wearing me out. Needless to say, I went to bed at 9:30pm & slept like a baby...

WEEKEND:
DD has a tea party tomorrow & we'll be carting her partner-in-crime along for the party. The terror twins will then be bunking at our place tomorrow night. I'm pretty pumped...I had lots of fun the last time that Rea & Mary were at the house--they were a hoot!

Have a super weekend everybody!!

Sounds like you are doing well and enjoying that new stove. Where in AR are you from? My long time friend from HS is now living just outside Hot Springs. Definitely beautiful country.

Have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Lesli54 said:
Where in AR are you from? My long time friend from HS is now living just outside Hot Springs. Definitely beautiful country.

Lesli-

I'm from the "definitely ugly" part of Arkansas...no kidding!! I'm from Brinkley, which is an hour and a half away from Hot Springs--which is gorgeous. The area between Memphis, TN & Little Rock, AR on I-40 is the armpit of Arkansas. Luckily, we moved to Knoxville the middle of my freshman year of college...Knoxville is beautiful & I have never complained about living here!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I had a fun, but frustrating weekend! I began having those pre-kidney stone symptoms again on Saturday & was up all night last night with spasms. The urologist's office should be calling shortly to set up a procedure to check out what's going on--an IVP, iodine via vein to "illuminate" my urinary tract, which is then x-rayed...

I'm not a happy camper at the moment...just frustrated...I'm tired too (lack of sleep makes me a bit fragile)...

Anywho, I've had my beloved oatmeal (been a while) for breakfast & a mini-bag of 94% FF popcorn so far to eat today...not one of my best days for eating, but I'm truthfully not hungry. I had intended to get in some cardio while DD is practicing her newest "fishy" moves at the Y; however, I don't even think I'm up for that...

On a brighter note, I love my stove!! Also, DD was a ham this weekend, the house is clean, the garden has been weeded & "prettied up", and all of the laundry is done!! You could say that I was quite productive between potty breaks this weekend!

Have a great day!

I really do hate the drive between West Memphis and Little Rock. It is so long and boring, but after I turn down to Hot Springs, I will admit, things change quickly.

Glad you had a good weekend, but sorry to hear that the kidneys are still bothering you. Hope you get some answers soon. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Hi Tracy!

I hope that you get some answers and some good news from your doctors soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: Take good care of you!

Greetings!!! It's been awhile...so, here's the update!

HEALTH:
The IVP was fine...nothing out of the ordinary there, no more kidney stones...Dr. Hottie gave me 2 weeks worth of antibiodics which I am currently choking down as directed...hate those things...I am still having "issues" and am quite "perturbed", but I still have 7 days of antibiodics to go before I have a little chat with Dr. Hottie.

FOOD:
Well, if it was bad for me, I ate it this past week. I'm looking at getting back OP next Monday...really, I just "carb loaded" myself silly at my Grandmother's...I haven't been bad so far this week, but my choices could be much better...or, much worse...

EXERCISE:
Haven't been to the gym in a while...that's going to come back to bite me...it just annoys the heck out of me to have to stop 3 times in the middle of my cardio to go potty...I have been getting outside quite a bit with DD, so I'm not a complete lump of uselessness...looking forward to getting a workout in tomorrow if my potty situation improves a bit.

TRIP:
We had a blast on our trip to Arkansas! The food was great, all of my family members there seem to be in decent health, the weather was perfect & DD did better than expected during the long car ride.

CHALLENGE:
My Black Crowes Blue Jean Challenge has fizzled due to lack of exercise, so now I will have to come up with another challenge...hmmm...what to do?

I hope everyone is doing well, I'll be checking journals later this afternoon...right now, I'M GOING TO GET A MAMMO!!!! :banana: :banana: I'm so excited (can't you tell?)!!

Glad to hear that you had a great trip to AR!

Hopefully all the medical will be under control soon and you can get back to exercising.

Have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter