• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trail Ride FW

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Have you taken the trail ride offered at FW. Would like to do but DW afraid of horse might be a little spirited. I told her I thought all the horse's would be extremely people friendly. If you can relate your experience if you have done trail ride may help me convince her to go with me and have a great time. :earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl:

My DD (age 10) and her friend (age 13) took the trail ride when we were there in July. They both really enjoyed it. My daughter had never been on anything but a pony ride and was a bit apprehensive at the beginning. She had so much fun she wants to go again during our next trip. The horses are all pretty mellow and follow the trail. If you tell the Cast Member that you are not experienced, they will put you with a suitable horse. Go for it!:D

My kids took the ride solo. I was there for the beginning and the end. The horses are extremely mellow and the CMs ask you about your experience before mounting the horses. My kids said it was very mellow and relaxing. My son is nervous about horses and he said he would do it again in a heartbeat. Nothing faster than a gentle, walking pace for the entire hour that you are out.

I'm also wanting to do the trail ride. But I'm wondering what the view's like. Does the trail go through the woods and around the water? Did it get boring quick or was it worth it?

Only 141 days to go! :bounce:

Er... :(

The horses are pretty mellow, except they can get "spirited" in the corral. As the CM put it after a horse "took off" with an adult rider, all the horses don't get along and that's the worst part of the ride. Also, the ride through the woods is basically just going around in circles for 45 mins. Not a real exciting ride for adults, but my DD loved it.

I agree with Tink, it is not the most eventful ride, but it is entertaining. I did have a sort of spirited horse named Dusty, he kept trying to pick fights with the others! The horses walk in the order that they want, you really don't have to do anything but sit there, they are so trained that they follow the trail. :)

Fantasia: I think the horse's name was Dusty as well. Maybe everyone should stay away from Dusty ;) I had "Horse" (how original) and my DD had Taco. My DH had the white horse that is in the IllumiNations on the "world". We can't remember it's name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter