Transport from Anaheim to LAX

We used MidWilShuttle 2 years ago. $125 each way but additionally paid $25 each way for tip. The service was good and reliable. You could also uber but you need to shuttle curbside to a designated uber/taxi area which will add to your overall transit time.

I'll report back. We wanted the curbside pickup because we are landing later, needed a car seat, and have my mom with us that prefers not to walk far distances, so it was just easier. The reviews I have read were all good and they were cheaper than anyone else I checked.
We have used Midwilshuttle and I always recommend them! They provided great service and provided car seats.

But in our case, we are only doing the Anaheim to LAX trip. Can Uber drop off at departures or do you still have to do the LAXIt thing?
sorry I missed that you were using it on your return leg.
You will get dropped at departures, no need for LAXit

If you’re feeling adventurous, then maybe public transportation? The Metro 460 line starts at Disneyland and connects to the Metro C light rail line to the Aviation/LAX station at the airport. Then it’s their airport shuttle transportation to all terminals.

Cost varies depending on whether it’s a day pass or just cash fare. But it will require their “TAP card” which is an interagency fare card. There are no discounted fares for children unless they’re free (under 5?) except for children attending local schools. The card is a $2 one time fee. The fare should be $2.50 for the 460 bus and then a free transfer (within 2 hours) to the C line. Might even be $1.75 by June, when Metro is totally revamping their fare system.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dis...0x80c2b6b8e1edfad1:0x71d96422aabc0d0b!3e3!5i1

Not sure where to get a fare card though that might be doable. There are some places near LAX that sell them at machines, and supposedly they can be purchased on board most 460 buses. I tired but was told by a driver that he was out of them but he let us on board with the promise that we would get them in downtown LA along with a day pass used that day.

For for a family of 4 it would be less than $20 and public transportation doesn’t require child seats.

If you’re feeling adventurous, then maybe public transportation? The Metro 460 line starts at Disneyland and connects to the Metro C light rail line to the Aviation/LAX station at the airport. Then it’s their airport shuttle transportation to all terminals.

Cost varies depending on whether it’s a day pass or just cash fare. But it will require their “TAP card” which is an interagency fare card. There are no discounted fares for children unless they’re free (under 5?) except for children attending local schools. The card is a $2 one time fee. The fare should be $2.50 for the 460 bus and then a free transfer (within 2 hours) to the C line. Might even be $1.75 by June, when Metro is totally revamping their fare system.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Disneyland+Resort,+Disneyland+Drive,+Anaheim,+CA/Aviation+/+LAX,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90045/@33.8818112,-118.1457641,11z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m2!1m1!1s0x80dcd7da84d77583:0x7efd02b2f50ccd51!1m2!1m1!1s0x80c2b6b8e1edfad1:0x71d96422aabc0d0b!3e3!5i1

Not sure where to get a fare card though that might be doable. There are some places near LAX that sell them at machines, and supposedly they can be purchased on board most 460 buses. I tired but was told by a driver that he was out of them but he let us on board with the promise that we would get them in downtown LA along with a day pass used that day.

For for a family of 4 it would be less than $20 and public transportation doesn’t require child seats.
I would love to try this one day. Once my kids are teenagers and can carry their own backpacks and one rolling carry on. No strollers and big check-in bags. One can dream!

I would love to try this one day. Once my kids are teenagers and can carry their own backpacks and one rolling carry on. No strollers and big check-in bags. One can dream!

It can be an adventure. I’ve come across a wide spectrum of humanity riding public transportation in Southern California. The toughest thing might be where to put large bags. Some riders bring carts, but the space for that is near the seats for the mobility challenged. Light rail is easy though. There are spaces for bikes and wheelchairs that are fine for luggage unless they’re needed.

But yeah I could totally do LAX to/from Disneyland. All it takes is patience and a willingness to overlook some really odd behavior. I was talking about it with my 12 year old, who acknowledged the homeless, mentally ill, etc. and it’s actually not all that slow on the freeway. I remember being on the 460 going through dedicated bus lanes while regular traffic was bumper to bumper

If you’re comfortable driving, you might consider a rental car. I’ve just been looking at my options and have found Avis to be the best price. For my date in November, renting a car in Anaheim and returning to LAX is as low as $62 for pre-pay, $69 for pay later. Eliminates the worry that I can’t find an uber when I need it so that’s the way I’m leaning.

yes that's them. It seems their prices have gone up.I just got a quote and it is around US$400 return. I'll still be using them for their fantastic service.

Another vote for MidWillShuttle. Used them for LAX a couple of times, but last time they sent a contractor as they were very busy, but he was good. It was 130.00 in Dec 2022

Thanks for the review. I am using MidWilShuttle in May based on all the positive feedback here.

I too used MidWilShuttle before the pandemic. It was $125 each way so ended up $300 round trip with tip. We liked their service and promptness.

I have requested quotes TWICE from MidWilShuttle for a September trip and more than 2 weeks later, they haven't responded-is it because my trip is 6 months out or just poor customer service?

I have requested quotes TWICE from MidWilShuttle for a September trip and more than 2 weeks later, they haven't responded-is it because my trip is 6 months out or just poor customer service?
That’s not good. Did you try calling?

No, we're in the UK. I will just try other companies, if they don't want our custom!

Try emailing them using the email on their website. I used the form that pops up the first time and didn't hear anything back (not 100% certain it worked) so I emailed them directly and got a prompt response. (midwilshuttle@gmail.com)

They
Took a few days for them to get back to me, but they got in touch and have been responsive ever since to a couple of schedule changes.
Might be worth resubmitting your request?
The fare was $160 for each trip, by the way.

I used MidWilShuttle in January 2023 for LAX to/from Anaheim. Submitted the online request for quote in October and they did take a few days to get back to me. For 5 adults, it was $150 each way. Driver was prompt and provided great service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter