Transportation from AK to Epcot

etwinchester

DIS Veteran
My family will be spending a whole day at Epcot. My husband, daughter and I will be doing 1/2 day at AK then going to Epcot to meet with the rest of the family, thus finishing out our day.

What is the best way to go? Does the monorail run from AK to Epcot? Buses?

My parents were going to drop us off at AK but should we keep the car and drop them off instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe there is a direct bus from AK to Epcot. You could also bus from AK to the Beach Club-it is only a short walk from there to the International Gateway entrance to the World Showcase.

No problem, there is a bus directly to Epcot from AK. If you want to see the Boardwalk area, you can catch a resort bus to either Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Beach Club, all which are within a short walk to Epcot, as the last post states. That's a great plan! If AK closes at 5pm, you can still enjoy 4 more hours at Epcot & see Illuminations at 9pm. Enjoy :D

I've posted on this before. In both 3/2000 and 3/2001 our group had LONG waits for bus transportation from AK to Epcot and MGM. In all cases we left AK about 1 pm and it seemed to be not that there was a long wait for a bus to arrive but that there were more people wanting to hop to Epcot and MGM at that time than one bus coud carry. In one instance we got on the third bus out. Each time we lost about 1 1/2 hrs. in transit. This last Nov. we used WDW transportation for all other hops but took the car to AK. Maybe our experiences were not typical, but we plan on following this strategy next March too.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter