Transportation from Hobby to Galveston

scrappinginontario

We just completed our first RC Cruise and are now considering a second in 2025.

How difficult is it to get from Hobby to close to the port in Galveston? We would probably be a group of 6.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Not difficult at all. Most of the shuttle services will gladly do Hobby or IAH to Galveston.

We used Galveston Shuttle and Limo for 14 of us travelling from the Galleria area to Galveston. Very professional, all-in pricing (incl tips).

But you should definitely shop around to see what company works best for you.

Thanks so much for your help! Last time we sailed RC we drove to the port (Bayonne, NJ) and when we’ve sailed DCL we’ve used Disney transportation so this will be a new piece of the puzzle.

i have been in the area for work and have seen the Royal Caribbean transfer desk at both Hobby and IAH. Booking with them would be an option. IAH is a little far so Hobby is probably the better choice to fly into, if you have that option.

We will be doing a cruise from there in two weeks so can report back some more details. Likely we will do Uber since it is just a few of us.

We are sitting in Hobby right now, having just left Harmony OTS. It’s not hard to get to/from Galveston. It’s about an hour to Hobby or two hours to IAH. Lots of shuttles and Uber/Lyft picking people up.

Embarkation and debarkation at Royal’s Galveston terminal may have been the easiest we ever had. Mere minutes on both ends.

Unfortunately, at least for a group of 8, the cost is really high. It's close to double what getting a group of six from WDW to PC cost. :(

Unfortunately, at least for a group of 8, the cost is really high. It's close to double what getting a group of six from WDW to PC cost. :(
Yeah you do have to be careful with these services as the shuttles charge at a per person rate. but they do have the private cars which will save you some money, but will still likely be around $300 for your group.

Yeah you do have to be careful with these services as the shuttles charge at a per person rate. but they do have the private cars which will save you some money, but will still likely be around $300 for your group.
You're still low, and only for one way. Closer to triple that for RT (including tip).

Huh, would've thought the prices would be a little lower for a smaller group. We paid $400 all in for the one way trip but that was 14 people and one of those minibus-type deals. You'd think a smaller car would cost less but I guess not.

Huh, would've thought the prices would be a little lower for a smaller group. We paid $400 all in for the one way trip but that was 14 people and one of those minibus-type deals. You'd think a smaller car would cost less but I guess not.
How long ago was that? If recent, what company? ;)

Just this past Dec 27th. Galveston Shuttle and Limo.

(Side note: their website does not appear to be working)

Last edited:
Just this past Dec 27th. Galveston Shuttle and Limo.

(Side note: their website does not appear to be working)
Quoted them. $441 one way. Double for RT. That does include tip though. :P

Maybe because Dec 27 was a Wednesday? We need transportation on Sunday & Saturday.

That would not surprise me. I saw that some of the other places charge a premium for weekends as well.

Let us know who you ended up booking with and how the drives were. I'm sure there are people in the DCL forum that would be interested as well.
I booked these guys: https://www.liveryhouston.com/ So far the only bad thing is they want full payment at booking and you need to cancel 30 days in advance for a full refund. Don't know if that's standard or not. They were ~$100 cheaper than the other options.

I think it depends on the company. I did have to pay in advance but I think my refund window was under 30 days.

Based on the pictures, the people you booked probably make a lot of money during prom season lol.

I think it depends on the company. I did have to pay in advance but I think my refund window was under 30 days.

Based on the pictures, the people you booked probably make a lot of money during prom season lol.
Kind of what I'm thinking LOL. We're supposed to be getting the sprinter...
1709213227829.png
Which looks like it would be pretty comfortable. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter