Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

We will have a party of 10 (2 seniors, 4 adults, 1 teen and 3 kids) traveling in Dec for 2 weeks. We would like to spend our first 5 to 6 days at Disney (onsite) and then transfer to Universal & IOA (onsite also) for several days. Also planning 1 day for Kennedy Space Center & beach, 1 day at Discovery Cove and 1 day at Seaworld. Wow, I'm tired already.:rotfl:

Would we be better off trying to stay at Disney for the majority of our stay or Universal the entire second week? We would really like to avoid renting a car as much as possible. Truthfully, none of use are comfortable driving in a big city. What are our best (cheapest) transfer options for each?

Would we be better off trying to stay at Disney for the majority of our stay or Universal the entire second week? We would really like to avoid renting a car as much as possible. Truthfully, none of use are comfortable driving in a big city. What are our best (cheapest) transfer options for each?
I think you would be better off staying at Disney and then moving to Universal for the duration. It's a lot easier not having to move around in the middle of the trip or to have to fool with a car.

We will have a party of 10 (2 seniors, 4 adults, 1 teen and 3 kids) traveling in Dec for 2 weeks. We would like to spend our first 5 to 6 days at Disney (onsite) and then transfer to Universal & IOA (onsite also) for several days. Also planning 1 day for Kennedy Space Center & beach, 1 day at Discovery Cove and 1 day at Seaworld. Wow, I'm tired already.:rotfl:

I think for the cost of going to all these different places, yo uwil lbe better off renting a van of some sort money wise. How do you plan to get to Kennedy Space Center?

I thought I read somewhere where you could book a tour through a vendor that would actually pick you up at a Disney resort for a Kennedy Space Center/ beach trip. I can't remember the name of the company though. I need to do some more research.

We are so confused because we really wanted to utilize Magical Express for transportation to and from the airport. Which means we might have to stay at Disney part of the time, tranfer to Universal and then go back to Disney for at least the last night of the trip.:confused3

I have read that a couple people that did the Mears shuttle and 2 park 1 day pass for Universal were given early access to the park along with people staying at Universal resorts....Just wanting to hear more confirmations to this.

Thank you!
We got in early with ours! Wish they had told us! We only found out when I accidentally got in the wrong line.

crossing my fingers then! Thanks for the info. Just hope it wasn't a fluke and indeed we will be able to get in early as well.

I called Universal to ask about this and they said the only way you get early entry is to stay onsite or book a package through them.

Trublu, what were your dates, what time did you arrive and what identification did they ask to see?

It seems very bizarre that a discounted transportation ticket not even available through Universal would get you that privilege when Universal is trying to encourage people to stay onsite or book their packages.

crossing my fingers then! Thanks for the info. Just hope it wasn't a fluke and indeed we will be able to get in early as well.
I just assumed that we got lucky, that's why I've never posted anything about it here.

I called Universal to ask about this and they said the only way you get early entry is to stay onsite or book a package through them.

Trublu, what were your dates, what time did you arrive and what identification did they ask to see?

It seems very bizarre that a discounted transportation ticket not even available through Universal would get you that privilege when Universal is trying to encourage people to stay onsite or book their packages.
I don't do trip reports or keep up with times, etc. We're pretty laid back in our travels.

We were there in mid-December. I think we went on a Friday (not sure because we were planning for Tuesday, but DH got sick & we had to change our day). I think Mears picked us up at AKL around 7:30 am (not sure). I know that we got to the gate long before it was supposed to open. I got our tickets from the kiosk and got in line to the left. I had no idea it was the early entry line. The first person looked at our tickets and waved us on to the line. DH joined us (he had gone the other way) and asked me why I was in that line. We decided to stay in line and see what happened. When we got to the gate they asked for our room key. I told them we didn't have one. A couple of people looked at the tickets, said they were okay, and let us in. :confused3 Not sure WHY it happened, but really happy it did.

I just assumed that we got lucky, that's why I've never posted anything about it here.

I don't do trip reports or keep up with times, etc. We're pretty laid back in our travels.

We were there in mid-December. I think we went on a Friday (not sure because we were planning for Tuesday, but DH got sick & we had to change our day). I think Mears picked us up at AKL around 7:30 am (not sure). I know that we got to the gate long before it was supposed to open. I got our tickets from the kiosk and got in line to the left. I had no idea it was the early entry line. The first person looked at our tickets and waved my on to the line. DH joined us (he had gone the other way) and asked me why I was in that line. We decided to stay in line and see what happened. When we got to the gate they asked for our room key. I told them we didn't have one. A couple of people looked at the tickets, said they were okay, and let us in. :confused3 Not sure WHY it happened, but really happy it did.

You probably got lucky. I think that if these tickets did allow early entry, it would be something that they would be advertising. Early entry people are usually let in starting around 7:45, so they may have not been too busy with early entry people and weren't fussy on who they were letting in.

You probably got lucky. I think that if these tickets did allow early entry, it would be something that they would be advertising. Early entry people are usually let in starting around 7:45, so they may have not been too busy with early entry people and weren't fussy on who they were letting in.
The person who let us in said that they were special tickets. I can't remember what he called them, but he said they did allow early entry. If we went back again, I'd try for early entry expecting NOT to get in, but hoping I would. Can't hurt to try...

We walked right on HP. :cloud9:

The person who let us in said that they were special tickets. I can't remember what he called them, but he said they did allow early entry. If we went back again, I'd try for early entry expecting NOT to get in, but hoping I would. Can't hurt to try...

We walked right on HP. :cloud9:

Could have been some sort of promotional tickets at that time. Who knows. That's great for you!

I heard UOR has free shuttle buses to and from SeaWorld. How long is this journey, and how often do the shuttles leave? I would like to probably take the earliest shuttle, if possible, so what time would that be?

Also, any services from UOR to Busch Gardens Tampa?

Whats UOR?
Universal Orlando Resort.

I heard UOR has free shuttle buses to and from SeaWorld. How long is this journey, and how often do the shuttles leave? I would like to probably take the earliest shuttle, if possible, so what time would that be?

Also, any services from UOR to Busch Gardens Tampa?
Nothing from Universal to BGT but there are free shuttles from the hotels to SeaWorld. It doesn't take long since the two resorts are only about 15 minutes from each other. I don't know the scedule of the shuttles.

we have decided to take the lynx buses to IOA we know it will take about 2 hours but we don't mid only question is how do we get to either the ticket and transportation center or downtown disney from disney pop century resort at 6 in the mourning to catch the lynx buses?

as far as i know you can not get them ahead of time. You just pay as you borad.
We have done this several times and it really does not take that long. Specialy that early. Have fun

as far as i know you can not get them ahead of time. You just pay as you borad.
We have done this several times and it really does not take that long. Specialy that early. Have fun
i was actually wondering how i could either get to ticket center at MK or DTD that early in the morning because the buses at pop century probably wont be running that early would they??

Has anyone taken a Mears bus from Universal to the Magic Kingdom? We want to spend one day at MK. Does Mears do that sort thing? We would like to be picked up at our Hotel (Holiday Inn Maingate-Universal) and go to MK and then be picked up by Mears at park closing. If so is it pricey?

How long does it take to get to Universal from Disney? Over on the Sea World board it doesn't look like much of a hassle to take the bus to Sea World, so why would it take so much longer to get to Universal? Is it becasue you need to get there earlier to enjoy all the HP stuff??

Thanks for the advice!

Here reporting from universal with the Dreams unlimited/mears shuttle ticket deal....& in fact we are being let in with resort guests at 8am!!!! We picked up our tickets at will call and out tickets said UPRV which indicates we get in early.

I Googled to no avail before posting here so please don't bite my head off! :surfweb:

I think I asked before this question, but how can I get from UOR to Busch Gardens and back again on the same day?

And more to the point, how long would it take?

I have 8 days at UOR, mainly for IOA of course. But I want to do MK 1 day, DHS/SWO on another day, and I am thinking of giving up another day to go to BGT. There are so many rides I want to do there, it would be money well-spent. But it's a shame for me that it's so far away.

I am not partial to going into greater Orlando by myself and finding a bus route down into Tampa. It would be great if a tour occurred from UOR or even WDW...

Universal/Busch/SeaWorld all promote themselves together in Florida (against WDW) so it would surely be a bit silly if organised transportation was not present between resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter