Transportation role for CP

wdwendyd

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I am looking over the Role Checklist as my son is going to his presentation tomorrow. If he checks Transportation, what might he wind up doing? I am thinking Monorail, resort boats, the ferry to MK. But does it also include the parking lot trams and the hotel buses? Thank you!

Yes it does.
The good thing is that you dont need any experience. You dont even need a CDL. They will train you AND pay. Its doesnt cost you anything.

EDIT
The ferry is a different situation given the nature of it. They look for captains with many years of experience.

Thanks so much for the reply! I see what you mean about the ferry needing someone with experience. He isn't going to put transportion because driving the buses and trams does not appeal to him. So knowing this really helped us!

He is applying for Spring '06. He really wants to do Character Attendant but that may be hard to get. It has an additional interview. He is also putting Operations, Merchandise, and Recreation. He is open to the others but he likes these the best.
My daughter is probably going to do it this time, too. She wanted to wait until she was older (she is currently 19, my son is 21)) but she sees it would be good to do it at the same time as her brother. They are good friends.
They both don't mind getting QSFB but aren't checking it on their checklists.

Well maybe I will see them down there! Who knows, I havent gotten my reply yet.... i cant wait! :bounce:

I asked my recruiter if I selected transportation and I requested the ferry if I'd be allowed to talk like a pirate.

She said I wasn't in the right area for that.

Actually, the transportation does not include the buses. They do require another license for that. So, you can do the boats or the monorail, but that's it, and those are the good ones anyway.

mare1203 said:
So, you can do the boats or the monorail, but that's it, and those are the good ones anyway.
The boats and the monorail would be GREAT but he was afraid he would get the parking lot trams so he didn't check Transportation.
We did ask about if you had to do a special interview for Character Attendant but were told "No." My son put that as his #1 choice.
My daughter is having her phone interview 7:00pm tonight and my son is 11:00 am tomorrow morning. Thank you everyone for your help! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

mare1203 said:
Actually, the transportation does not include the buses. They do require another license for that. So, you can do the boats or the monorail, but that's it, and those are the good ones anyway.

The Friendship boats at Epcot and out in the Gateway (between MGM & Epcot, stopping at the hotels) are not under transportation ~ they are Operations. My daughter was a CP boat captain during her Spring Advantage 2005.

Horizons16 said:
Well maybe I will see them down there!
Here's who to look for:
BetsyCaitlinMainStreet.jpg
Andrewandpenguin.jpg

It's the two in the middle. The one on the far left is my younger daughter and the penguin on the right is just a friend! :earboy2:

Keep it touch with everything that happens!
It seems that all the accpeteds are getting together when they all get down there... i dont want to say we and jinx myself... .:rolleyes:

Parking Lot Trams - Operations
Friendship Boats at Epcot - Operations
Monorails - Transportation
Small watercraft from MK resorts to MK - may possibly be Transportation, may not be a CP role (not sure on this one)
Large ferryboat from TTC to MK - probably not a CP role
Busses - not a CP role
Illuminations Cruise pontoon boats - Recreation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter