Travel City Flights

CR1SSY

Earning My Ears
Has anyone travelled with Travel City recently? We are flying out in 82 days into Sanford & would like to find out more about what the flights are like. I know we're flying on a 747.

Hi

I know this is a new thing for Travel City to do and I dont think the 747 flights start up until June onwards..:)

Hi,

Not sure about the new 747's that Travel City have arranged but we flew with Airtours booked through Travel City December/January just gone. I was told when I booked with Travel City that it would be an Airbus, seat back screens etc., I was also told that the flight was direct. When the tickets arrived I realised we had a stopover in Cardiff, not a problem, just a quick drop down pick up some passengers and up again - I was told.

Not so, we did indeed pick up passengers but we also had to refuel, we were probaly on the ground for 1 1/2 hrs - maybe more. The plane was very small, not sure of the number, but a 3-4-3 seat plan. Only 1 screen in our section but we were lucky the section behind us had a broken screen. It is a long journey with 2 small children without any entertainment - my children could not even see the screen from their seats.

On the way back it got worse, same problem with the smaill aircraft, and no water - they apparently had a leak. No tea or coffee all flight, they did give us a complimentary drink from the bar. We also had an extra stop at Gander to refuel, the stop at Cardiff was not to refuel but to drop off the passengers and change crew.

Not the happiest of experiences, I have booked to go again in October and this time I have booked with Virgin.

Try and find out who the carrier is and speak to them direct about the aircraft and facilities.

Hope this helps.

Jennie

we travelled with travel city last year sept 15th if had not been for travelling with ata we would not have got to wdw great flight no problems we are looking to book with travel city for next year so will be interested in your trip reports on return karen

Hi sweetlife :wave: and welcome to the DIS UK boards!

(There seem to be quite a few of us from South Wales on the boards at the moment ;) )

I've booked with travel city, and have just found out it will be a JMC plane, which I'm none to happy about. I've read awful reports about them.

:jester: 119 to go :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter