Travel Sheet

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used a travel sheet - kind of a sleeping bag made out of a sheet, with a pocket for the pillow? It looks like they come in various prices (up to $50, I've found, so far) and materials so any recommendations/experiences would be welcome.

Used one years ago hostelling. They are frankly simple to sew up by just folding a twin sheet, sewing two sides (long side just about half way) and sewing a pillowcase to the top. I wouldn't spend $50 on one....but I wouldn't spend $4 on one, I'd just sew up an old sheet.

(The only reason I had one is that I had a friend who loaned me her "backpack through Europe" stuff - travel sheet, backpack, combo lock).

I looked at the silk ones at our local Outdoor Provision Co. and they were quite nice. A plus for the silk is that they scrunched up very tiny - one sac would have taken up about the same amount of room as a rolled tee shirt in the suitcase. They didn't have the cotton ones, so I'm not sure how those compare.

I didn't buy them b/c of the price and b/c I sew and said to DH, "Oh, I'll whip up our own before we go." Then time ran out and I never did it. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter