Traveling During "love Bug" Season

BamaTigger

DIS Veteran
Saw a thread somewhere about the love bugs, and this might have already been brought up, but if so, here is my 2 pennies!

I have a great tip on the love bug problem. Being from Bama, Im used to them, so here is what you do to protect your car.

Put a good wax job on it before you drive to Orlando. No turtle wax, but wax like Meguires, or Mothers Carnauba wax, or 3M brand.

Wax the front bumper, the hood and fenders and top especially good. (of course the whole car too!!). You can also use the wax on chrome. Apply some wax to your windshield, and the back of your mirrors, and let dry and rub off just like you would wax the paint.

After that, right before you leave spray a good coat of WD40 all over the front of your vehicle. Not the windows, that is what the wax is for. Just smear it all over your grill, bumpers, bug deflector (if you have one), headlights, every crack and crevice on the front of your car.

Every time you stop for gas, just wipe the bugs off, and spray w/WD40 again. Also, clean your windshield and it will be love bug free! When you get to DW, stop and clean them off, and then spray another coat on your way home and repeat the process. They wont leave bug stains, they wont cook on there, and it will save your car. The WD40 will not hurt your paint either. This really works. I own a detail shop and I recommend this to all my customers and I do it myself!

Happy Traveling! :bounce:

When is "Love bug" season in Florida, July, August, September and how long does it last? Anyone know, Thanks!

RobinLyn:confused:

...but what exactly is a "love bug"?!!:confused: I have only been there is the winter months and haven't a clue what you are talking about. But then again, maybe that's a good thing!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter