Treadmill Nirvana and other ramblings

Feb 26, Saturday

Yesterday was great. I did 50 minutes of upperbody weights and abs at lunchtime and avoided using my knee. I left work a couple hours early and went to Applebee's with DD and DM. Then DM offered to take DS for a sleepover so DD and I could go shopping. That was really nice. We spent most of our time in junior stores since we were mostly just shopping for DD. I was bored so I tried on a slinky black halter dress (size L in a jrs) and it fit! Not only did it fit, but from the hem up it looked GOOD! I was amazed that I actually like my shoulders now :cool1: BUT from the hem down OMG! My legs look like tree trunks! I haven't really looked at them all winter (I never wear dresses). They are huge. Very muscular but not sexy in the least :rolleyes: A trip through the shoe store recomfirmed my observation. I saw a great pair of boots marked way down so I tried them. They were only mid-calve height and I couldn't zip them over my calf. Maybe I've spent too much time on the stairs-from-h*&@ll :rotfl2:

I bought a new iPod shuffle (my Sony minidisc player started acting up). So I loaded it up and exercised around the house for an hour, then DD and I watched "Little Black Book". We were bored with it, but it was nice to spend time together.

I woke up today thinking my knee was all better and since DS was at Grammy's I headed to the gym with my new iPod. I ran 6.2 miles in 60 minutes (6.2 mph continuous), then walked for a total of 7.0 miles and 10 minutes elliptical. The cardio room is upstairs. As soon as I hit the stairs to go back down I realized my knee is NOT OKAY :( (So back to baby-ing it). But food has been totally OP since the stomach bug. I'm looking forward to a good WI on Monday. Last Monday was a holiday so we didn't have WW. On Friday I got an email saying our leader had to resign and we will be getting a new leader. I don't like change!!!! But I'll deal :)

The knee says no TaeBo this weekend :( So I might bounce around on DS mini-trampoline and do Pilates. I'm still working on my fitness challenge at work. I have been averaging just about 600 minutes of exercise per week. That's a lot more than I did before the challenge started.

I started using FitDay but I don't know if I'll stick with it. Its so much work putting all my different foods in. I figure after a week or two I should have all my standards in. I'm curious so see how my fat/carb/prot/fiber works out. I like all the reports and things you can see with it so I'll give it a good try.

Sunny

Sunny, too bad about the knee, boy, can I relate.

Glad to hear that eating has been OP since the stomach bug, anything that will help, eh?

600 minutes a week, you're a demon! Way to go! Those are truly amazing totals!

Keep up the great work, sounds like you and DD had a great day together, isn't that nice when things click a bit... I love that!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

OMG Sunny!!! You are my exercize idol!!!!! :cool1: Keep it up!!! Take good care of that knee! Rest it so you don't hurt it worse! :flower:

Take care of that knee. I really have a hard time with change too but I'm sure it will be ok. Have a good Sunday. :flower:

Monday, Feb 28th

I'm just back from WW WI-- (drum roll,please)... I got my 50lb magnet :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so excited!!!!! I also get my 70 lb WISH clippie today :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Unfortunately, I am still .2 lbs from the 160s. I'm not complaining, though!!!! :earboy2:

I had a good run today. Five miles in 48 minutes. So far so good on the knee today. I was careful yesterday and only jumped on DS's mini-trampoline for exercise. I really have sympathy for people with knee trouble (Jay-nee!!!!!). My Mom is facing knee surgery soon. My Grandmother had knee trouble, too. Yikes!

Sunny

Hey, Sunny! Sounds like you're doing great!! Congratulations on your magnet and your WISH clippie. WAY TO GO! :cheer2:

Erin

:jumping1: CONGRATS SUNNY!!! :jumping1:

:worship: :worship: :worship: You are an exercise Goddess, who needs to baby her knee.

Congrats on getting the 50 pound magnet and 70 pound clippie. I know that the 160's will be there next week.

Take care,
Beth

:cool1: :cool1: WEIGH to go Sunny!! :cool1: :cool1:

70 pounds is sooooo awesome! You must feel so great about yourself :goodvibes I hope to get that 50 pound magnet in another couple of weeks (9.4 pounds)

Have an awesome day!!!! :sunny: :sunny:

Sunny,

You are doing a fantastic job! Congratulations on the 50 lb. magnet and the 70 pound clippie! I am so proud of you Sunny! :sunny:

Please be careful and baby that knee if necessary. :grouphug: Have a great week!

Congrats on the WW 50 pound magnet!!! :thewave:

That's awesome! You are such an inspiration!

Keep it up! :cheer2:

Way to go Sunny on the 50 lb magnet!!! You are an exercise queen!! :banana: :cheer2: You'll be in those 160's in no time...and I bet you'll be out of them even faster! You're doing great!!

Take care of that knee!

Gail

Glad to hear that babying your knee is working for you.

BTW, I can do some standing biking now! I do 10-25 second intervals about 10-15 times in a 30 minute session. That's how good my knee is now. It's still not stable side-to-side but, I can get up from my desk now and know that it's not going to give out on me. I love my bike! :flower:

I really wanted to go snowboarding with DS this year, but money-wise not sure yet... Might be able to in a couple of weeks, we'll see. It's so expensive. (plus, I'm scared I might hurt my knee, but I really want to take him...hmmmm).

I gotta tell you how impressed I am with your weight loss. You are so amazing! You just keep going and going. We ought to call you the energizer bunny (EB for short!). Whatever you are doing WORKS, can you bottle it? :teeth: You'd make a million girl! ;)

Keep it up, you are a role model for us all in this journey! :grouphug:

plutosmyfav said:
Monday, Feb 28th

I'm just back from WW WI-- (drum roll,please)... I got my 50lb magnet :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so excited!!!!! I also get my 70 lb WISH clippie today :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Sunny

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

I'm so tickled for you!! That is such awesome news! You rock!!

Hi Sunny,

So what was on the exercise schedule today? I hope you had a great day, and that the knee is feeling ok.

Take care,
Beth

March 2, 2005

March is off to a great start! Food is OP so far :teeth: There's been a few intrusions on my exercise schedule. Yesterday I did my lower body weights and abs at lunchtime but then couldn't get back to the gym after work. So I did a combination of dancing, kicks, mini-trampoline and punching bag for an hour last night. I signed up for 2500 minutes for the March Exercise Challenge so I better not slack off!!!!!

My knee is definitely not all better but its not getting worse. I can exercise without any pain. The only time I have pain is going downstairs, so I do the "side-step" down. No biggie.

I have $15 "Old Navy dollar" to spend by March 31. My goal is to buy a pair of size 10 jeans. My 12s are getting very loose, infact some I have had to retire. So I am hopeful I will be moving to a size 10 by the end of the month :banana:

Today my "Get Fit" team is going "letterboxing" at lunchtime. (also known as orienteering). It sounds fun but the snow is really deep and I don't have snow shoes. I guess that just means it will be more of a workout. Letterboxing: a letterbox is placed somewhere in the woods and you are given clues to find it. Once you find it, you leave your name in the log and use the enclosed stamp to stamp your log, proving you were there. I guess some boxes have stickers, etc. for the kids. This one should require about 2 miles of "wandering".

Sunny

plutosmyfav said:
I have $15 "Old Navy dollar" to spend by March 31. My goal is to buy a pair of size 10 jeans. My 12s are getting very loose, infact some I have had to retire. So I am hopeful I will be moving to a size 10 by the end of the month :banana:

:wizard:

I feel some size 10, very hip Old Navy jeans in your immediate future!

Your exercise challenge goal for March is quite admirable...you go, Sunny!! I would be worn out if I did that! Wow!

Thanks, Tracy :)
If my knee doesn't settle down I might not make my March exercise goal :(

Today we did the letterboxing, or should I say trudged through deep snow for 40 minutes! It was actually quite fun but hard on my knee. I still went to the gym afterwork. I was only going to do upper body weights and abs, but the cardio machines were calling my name.... So I did 33 minutes recumbent bike and ran 20 minutes at 6.2 mph on the treadie. The knee definitely didn't like the run :rolleyes: I just don't know if I am causing damage or just prolonging the healing process. Its so hard to stay off it.

DD came home in tears. Her BF broke up with her. Then he called and asked to talk... Its so hard to see her so upset and watch the angst of teen relationships. I just hugged her and rubbed her back. I couldn't think of anything wise or profound to say. Ever feel ill-prepared for the biggest most important job of your life????? Yup, that's motherhood
confused5.gif

Sunny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter