"Treat Yourself" December 2021 Exercise Challenge

We have two more color changes today! Sophy1996 and EmilyGahr have joined the Baking Blue club!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Let's try an easier baking project today. Easier doesn't mean less adorable, though. These are sure to please any Disney fan!

Mickey's Holiday Cookie
Mickey’s Holiday Cookie

CREDIT: COURTESY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD

Food is more magical at Disney World because most of it is Mickey shaped. And the holidays are no exception, from red velvet Mickey waffles to this classic sugar cookie. Mickey's Holiday Cookie (available at Disney's Hollywood Studios) is like a vanilla butter cookie with lots of sugary icing on top. And we have just the recipe to make this at home: Old-Fashioned Butter Cookies with Butter Frosting. All you need is this Mickey-shaped cookie cutter which is [no longer] less than $4 on Amazon. For the snowflakes, you can use decorative chocolate or candy pieces from the craft store. Or you could pipe your own snowflakes with royal icing.

Twilight Sparkle (me), Raya, and our TEAM have all reached Baking Blue!!! Way to go!!!! :flower::flower::flower:

I hope you've all had a fun weekend! We had a busy one filled with baking, wrapping, and decorating. Our neighborhood has really gotten into the Christmas spirit this year, so we had to hurry and get our lights up, too.

Unfortunately my baking didn't include this morsel of yum, but maybe next time because it sounds delicious!

Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth Cookie
Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth Cookie

Another iconic-shaped cookie is available at the Holiday Hearth kiosk in EPCOT, and it's an ode to the park's legendary landmark. Yep, they made a Spaceship Earth-shaped sandwich cookie! And like its mesmerizing design, this cookie is packed with dimensions of flavors.
The top cookie is vanilla, the bottom cookie is chocolate, and the middle is a salted caramel ganache so it tastes like a fancy Millionaire Shortbread. You can whip this up at home thanks to the provided recipe from the Disney Kitchen. You just need a Spaceship Earth-shaped cookie cutter. Or you can totally fake it with a circle cookie cutter. Just add two bits of dough at the bottom for the feet.

Get the Recipe: Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth Cookie

Let's hear it for ljcrochet and PollyannaMom for reaching Baking Blue! :yay::yay::yay:

Here's a baked good even I could successfully tackle, and it's for sure going on my list:

Molasses Crackle Cookies
Molasses Crackle Cookies

CREDIT: COURTESY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD

It's not Christmas without sugar-dusted crinkle cookies, and the chefs over at Disney's Wilderness Lodge have shared their recipe for these Molasses Crackle Cookies. If you love gingerbread but like your cookies chewy instead of snappy, this treat is for you.
Get the Recipe: Molasses Crackle Cookies

It sounds so yummy and reminds me of my grandmother. I'm sure she would have loved these. Do you have any holiday recipes that remind you of your loved ones?

Do you have any holiday recipes that remind you of your loved ones?

My mom used to make candy cane cookies at Christmas. She had this book:
628678 and you can see the top of one on the far right, about halfway down.

There were two colors of dough, and she would roll them into long skinny pieces and twist them, then shape and dust them with crushed peppermint. I don't even remember if they tasted particularly amazing, but they just seemed so fancy to me as a kid.

Years later, DH bought me a copy of the book, and it was one of the best presents he came up with.

Just popping in to say I might not be able to run the numbers for a couple of days. We received our COVID boosters today, and I am already starting to feel unwell. I don't want to make a mistake, so I'll hold off on updating until I am back to normal. I did do a 20 minute arm workout after the shot, though, to try to keep the arm pain away, so I'll hold those minutes here.

420/2200

Just popping in to say I might not be able to run the numbers for a couple of days. We received our COVID boosters today, and I am already starting to feel unwell. I don't want to make a mistake, so I'll hold off on updating until I am back to normal. I did do a 20 minute arm workout after the shot, though, to try to keep the arm pain away, so I'll hold those minutes here.

420/2200
hope you get over it soon! it's been a couple of days for most of the folks I know, with a little luck you'll be back before the horses notice. ::hugs::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter