Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why Disney is specifying a maximum seven hour time limit that dogs can be left unattended in a guest's room? This long time span does not seem to be anywhere close to what other hotels allow.

Is it because Disney's research shows that the average resort guest leaves their room, on average, for seven hours, and Disney wants their guests to be out spending money in the parks, restaurants, etc.?
Um ... you mean like everyone else who goes to WDW?

So many whiny adults here...I can't take it. You have 3 options if you don't like this policy 1) Stay at one of the resorts and risk being annoyed by other dogs 2) Stay at another resort whether it's on property or off 3) Stop going to Disney. What is this...day 4 or 5 of the same arguments? How do you deal with changes you don't like in your day to day life? What do you tell your children when a change bothers them? I fully expect major hate for saying this but it's time many of you reevaluate your priorities. Being upset I understand but 4 or 5 days later??! If I rolled my eyes any harder they would end up in the back of my head.

Wow, just wow. :sad2: No need to name-call. Thought this was a discussion board to talk about Disney?! If you don’t like the posts being made 4-5 days later, you have every right to stop reading and posting (just as others do to continue)...

For my fellow “whiners” (lol), I sent an email with my concerns and received the same form letter response that so many others received as well. This morning I replied that I didn’t think the form letter was an appropriate response, since it didn’t answer any of my questions. I copied the 3 exec emails as advised by this thread. While we were out today, I received 2 voicemails from 2 different Disney CMs and another email asking me to call tomorrow to discuss. I’ll post an update to let everyone know what was said on the calls. Thanks for the great discussion and information on this thread!

I don't believe the discussion on this thread is particularly enhanced with name calling. Posters are discussing, sharing opinions as well as information and have been generally respectful. Most realize there are two sides

Hopefully you felt this way when someone earlier suggested that dog owners have no empathy for the people who are fearful of dogs. Nope, crickets from the "other side". Oddly enough the person who posted the empathy comment 'liked' your post...

It is a fact as of right now. As in 8:30 pm Eastern time. Anybody who is making a resort reservation for the next year should expect that there might be dogs at these resorts. I don't think it would be smart to just hope it fails before the year is up or people are going to be disappointed.

I agree. And just like everything else, not everyone researches their trips to Disney World. Most people probably don't know nor do they care if the resorts are Pet Friendly. I think I saw 1000 people posted against the policy here (I don't think the disboards people are the majority of travelers). I'll have to ask my friend who sent me here!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to taking my dog to the world and glad Disney made the change for now.

Or how about the person who said they were putting the blame for this policy on pet owners? *crickets*

I agree. And just like everything else, not everyone researches their trips to Disney World. Most people probably don't know nor do they care if the resorts are Pet Friendly. I think I saw 1000 people posted against the policy here (I don't think the disboards people are the majority of travelers). I'll have to ask my friend who sent me here!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to taking my dog to the world and glad Disney made the change for now.

There are almost 50 million visitors to Disney every year. The average person probably does some research on the Disney World website and maybe looks up info on some restaurants, etc. They aren't signing up on a message board. The Disboards hardly represents the majority of visitors.

Hopefully you felt this way when someone earlier suggested that dog owners have no empathy for the people who are fearful of dogs. Nope, crickets from the "other side". Oddly enough the person who posted the empathy comment 'liked' your post...
It seems like what's good for the goose is not good for the gander.

FWIW, I thought both remarks were rather rude. Sorry.

There are almost 50 million visitors to Disney every year. The average person probably does some research on the Disney World website and maybe looks up info on some restaurants, etc. They aren't signing up on a message board. The Disboards hardly represents the majority of visitors.
I agree with this. Most of my family & friends visit WDW frequently & are DVC and/or AP holders. None of them are on Disboards but me. Most have never even heard of it & those who have it’s b/c of me referring them. But they still don’t really use it. A lot of them have been going for decades so they just don’t feel the need to research even with changes. But, I have other family who just started going & became AP holders & they STILL don’t research even after I’ve advised them to! To me they miss things & do things inefficiently, but since it’s new to them, they don’t care & still love it. I might be wrong, but based on some conversations I’ve had in the past at the parks with other guests that I didn’t know & things I’ve overheard, I think they more realistically represent the typical WDW guest.

I do think this issue will end up being minor in the end. I would guess that most dogs that go on hotel vacations are toy dogs. Fluffy in a bag isn't going to bother anyone. The only possibility is barking. But if Fluffy's owner gets a call, she will rush back to...comfort Fluffy:dog: Just my bet ;)

I was talking with a neighbor who has two dogs, a Labrador and a Pomeranian mix, and about the new policy at WDW. She told me as an owner living in the NW where it rains a lot, the worst thing about dogs is when they come in from the outside and are wet; the FIRST thing they do is that shake from nose to tail to remove as much water from their fur as possible. I had forgotten about that! She said she has a mudroom to always bring them in so it isolates the walls, floor, ceiling. light fixtures etc. She said you would be surprised how much water, mud, etc comes flying off and how far it can go. Not to mention who ever lets the dog in or is standing in the vicinity is also covered. A designated entrance with towels. dog dryer etc would be welcome for pet owners as well I'm sure.

Incorrect. I asked somebody else the same question on this thread earlier today and they said something along the lines of "Nope. I don't want to see dogs. Period." Entitled and whiny. There have been MANY posts here that aren't reasonable or rational.

Since those were my exact words today, I guess it's me you are calling entitled and whiny. Nice.

In one post you talk about people having legitimate fears such as fear of dogs, and then you turn around and call me names. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was attacked by a dog. You should get your facts straight before you point your finger. :sad2:

Since those were my exact words today, I guess it's me you are calling entitled and whiny. Nice.

In one post you talk about people having legitimate fears such as fear of dogs, and then you turn around and call me names. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was attacked by a dog. You should get your facts straight before you point your finger. :sad2:

I also asked you if you were currently booked at one of the resorts and you said no. You have a choice. Those that are currently there or leave in the next few weeks who have a fear of dogs or severe allergies do not. If I had a fear of dogs I wouldn't stay at a dog friendly resort. Maybe that makes me crazy.

I also asked you if you were currently booked at one of the resorts and you said no. You have a choice. Those that are currently there or leave in the next few weeks who have a fear of dogs or severe allergies do not. If I had a fear of dogs I wouldn't stay at a dog friendly resort. Maybe that makes me crazy.

The point is, we had a conversation about this already today. A respectful conversation. This was my response to you.....

"Of course. And that is my intention at the moment. But I am following what is happening at the four resorts now in order to try and understand what the impact will be to non dog lovers in case this is expanded to other resorts. There may be some resorts that have less impact than others. I'll be interested in reports of this over the next several months."

You even "liked" my post. Now you turn around and call me entitled and whiny a few pages later? :confused3

Last edited:
FWIW Name calling is rude regardless of whether someone else did it too/first.

Just like people have the ability to NOT patronize the four resorts that are currently in testing or even not going to WDW at all, people also have the ability to not read/engage in the discussion if it is upsetting to the point of name calling.

There is something that can be done by those who are unhappy about the dog policy...they can let Disney know. Many have. Whether the public outcry is enough to actually cause the policy to change greatly or be scrapped all together will remain to be seen.

Finally, nobody here is going to change any other poster's mind. Understand and accept that.

But here is the deal, people who have issues with dogs, no longer have the OPTION of staying at the resorts they have come to love. It isn't "entitled" to want something, especially something you have and are willing to pay for, calling people "entitled" is just as bad as calling them whiny. No one is saying Disney owes them something for nothing, or that they can not make changes that they don't like, but they sure do have the right to express their dislike for those changes. Just like people can post about how / why they like them. Neither of those folks is "entitled" or "whiny".

But I do really love when people complain about complaints, and then keep complaining about those complaints for pages on end. Its really quite amusing.

The point is, we had a conversation about this already today. A respectful conversation. This was my response to you.....

"Of course. And that is my intention at the moment. But I am following what is happening at the four resorts now in order to try and understand what the impact will be to non dog lovers in case this is expanded to other resorts. There may be some resorts that have less impact than others. I'll be interested in reports of this over the next several months."

You even "liked" my post. Now you turn around and call me entitled and whiny? :confused3

But that's not how the conversation went...there were 2 posts in between those. I just reread it.

This policy is so different from the Universal resort policies that am very curious how this will work. I have no problem with the Universal "Premium" or "Deluxe" resorts which have been pet friendly since day one. Since i never saw pets there and they come with the added advantage of Express passes, I stay there...

Difference:

Dogs may not be unaccompanied at any time. Kennel or dog sitter. Period.

Okay I got it. I'll be in Disney in 10 short days staying at Fort Wilderness...I look forward to seeing all of the cute doggies. :dog2:

Like my uncle used to tell me "Don't sweat the small stuff (and it's ALL small stuff)". Goodnight! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter