Tribute to Dawn Brancheau~

mylittleprincess

DIS Veteran
Hey All,

I am so saddened by this tragedy and my heart goes out to the family of Dawn Brancheau and the entire Sea World family. My family and I LOVE Sea World and were always amazed when we visited Sea World. Our last visit there was in 2006. I just went through some photos & I believe I captured images of Dawn doing what she loved so much & the images I captured truly shows the love she had in her job. If any of you have photos please post them in her honor. Before I post I would just like to make sure it is indeed her in my photos.

I believe that is Dawn in the ponytail

1zxt6ah.jpg

This picture is from last mother's day. My DD got picked to be part of the show.

IMG_1066-1.jpg

This is a very tragic accident. Dawn was living her dream and she died living her dream. I don't think she would of wanted to go any other way.:angel:

This picture is from last mother's day. My DD got picked to be part of the show.

IMG_1066-1.jpg

This is a very tragic accident. Dawn was living her dream and she died living her dream. I don't think she would of wanted to go any other way.:angel:

Beautiful pic!!!!! Thanks for posting this!! :goodvibes

Ruthie, these pics are great and I absolutly LOVE it!!! :wizard:

I have a pic with her posing in front of tilli with me but I can´t find it :confused3 was really nice talking to her...

Never wanted to say that and probably I shouldn´t... But I read some posts over in another forum and somehow it burns under my nails... :scared1:
I read a lot of "tilli the KILLER" ans stuff and that is going to ****** me!!
You can have diverted opinions concerning captivity ( I personally think it is a great job!) but we should at least have respect for their work and what they did to all the animals (not only in the US!)

Tillikum is a KILLER???
He is an orca, a killer whale... YES.
He was invlved in 3 tragic incidents... YES
The one in 1991:
was he the one? Probably. Were the whales PLAYING? almost sure!

1999:
NO COMMENT!!!! If someone has the guts to hide in the park, get naked, jumps into a pool at night with 55 deg COLD water, knowing that there are killer whales.... he was a stranger, breaking in THEIR habitat. Of course they don´t respect him like all the trainers they KNOW!!!
(well, actually I commented now :laughing: )

And now Dawn,
she knew him best of ALL humans.
She probably did a mistake (don´t we all do mistakes in our jobs???)

When I hear that the Whale was AGGRESSIVE, that he BIT her and KILLED her...

HOW WOULD THE BODY OF HER LOOK LIKE IF HE GETS AGGRESSIVE?
Do you think that she would be in one piece if Tilly meant to kill her?
How many blood would have been there if he really ATTACS a human??

NO NO NO, I don´t believe that :sad2:

"why do I believe???"

I BELIEVE, that Dawn would be really sad if she could see, read and hear what we are talking about!

:sad1::sad1::sad1:

I BELIEVE, that Dawn would be really sad if she could see, read and hear what we are talking about!

I agree with this 100%....Dawn would be sadden and all the work she and Sea World has done to educate people has taken a step back....

Ruthie, these pics are great and I absolutly LOVE it!!! :wizard:

I have a pic with her posing in front of tilli with me but I can´t find it :confused3 was really nice talking to her...

Never wanted to say that and probably I shouldn´t... But I read some posts over in another forum and somehow it burns under my nails... :scared1:
I read a lot of "tilli the KILLER" ans stuff and that is going to ****** me!!
You can have diverted opinions concerning captivity ( I personally think it is a great job!) but we should at least have respect for their work and what they did to all the animals (not only in the US!)

Tillikum is a KILLER???
He is an orca, a killer whale... YES.
He was invlved in 3 tragic incidents... YES
The one in 1991:
was he the one? Probably. Were the whales PLAYING? almost sure!

1999:
NO COMMENT!!!! If someone has the guts to hide in the park, get naked, jumps into a pool at night with 55 deg COLD water, knowing that there are killer whales.... he was a stranger, breaking in THEIR habitat. Of course they don´t respect him like all the trainers they KNOW!!!
(well, actually I commented now :laughing: )

And now Dawn,
she knew him best of ALL humans.
She probably did a mistake (don´t we all do mistakes in our jobs???)

When I hear that the Whale was AGGRESSIVE, that he BIT her and KILLED her...

HOW WOULD THE BODY OF HER LOOK LIKE IF HE GETS AGGRESSIVE?
Do you think that she would be in one piece if Tilly meant to kill her?
How many blood would have been there if he really ATTACS a human??

NO NO NO, I don´t believe that :sad2:

"why do I believe???"

:sad1::sad1::sad1:

EXACTLY how I feel!!! I sent you a pm.

Ruthie what beautiful photos, I esp love the last one.

I went through some of my Seaworld pics I took in 2004 and I have a some photos of Dawn and the Orca's. Her death has saddened me deeply as she was a such a inspiration not only to myself but others. She will be very dearly missed.

Hi everyone,

Like everyone else, my wife and I are deeply saddened by Dawn's death, and our prayers go out to her family and friends.

For anyone who owns the "Believe" DVD, Dawn is the trainer featured in the "Something Far Greater" segment of the show. This is the part when a single trainer is featured with a whale, although I do not think that this particular whale was Tilly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter