Trip Bullets!

bom_noite

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:
Just got back from 5 days at OKW. Had a great time! We did Epcot and MK this trip. Random thoughts.

:cheer2: Soarin' is Awesome! But, we did not do the fast pass and waited an hour in line.

:banana: You can actually hear music under water at the Poly pool - very cool.

:lovestruc Saw many wedding partys running around! My 11 year old daughter startd getting stary eyed and wondered how cool that would be! I had to explain that our bank account will only allow for a justice of the peace!

:wizard: Behind the castle is no place to stand for the evening fireworks.

:listen: Heard no rumors about the potential DVC expanision at the Contemporary. But, did notice they have a HUGE amount of land between the Contemporary and the TTC that will not stand vacant for ever.

:cheer2: Mickeys Philharmagic was way cool (first time I have seen it).

:umbrella: Not sure how the Weather Channel stays in business. The website and the tv forecasts were always wrong! They called for storms throughout the day 3 days straight and none came. That was good for us, but, on one day we opted out of a water park based on the report!

:rotfl2: They have a horn that plays the "call to riders" at Saratoga - that is new from last year. Very cool stuff - classic Disney touch.

:cool1: I saw rumors on other sites about a full-time Fast Pass and witnessed it on numerous occassions this trip! I guess they give them to VIP's. Would make the ultimate DVC perk!

:smooth: Security was visible and full force around the property! I saw dozens of marked and unmarked cars! A CM told me that it has been that way for 3 months.

:hourglass Got stuck on almost every ride: Mission to Mars (stuck strapped in the car for 5 minutes), Test Track, Carousel of Progress (had to watch first act 3 times), Monorail (10 minutes), Stitch, and a few others. It was comical!

:cool1: 6th Trip to see Bob Jackson at the Port Orleans (Riverside). If you have never caught his act (4 or 5 nights a week) you are missing out on a WDW Gem!

None of us wanted to leave for home. As I said, if you wanted to leave then it would not have been a good trip!

Cute way to do a quick trip report! Thanks for all the little details, too. Glad you had a good time.

Best wishes -

Hi,

Thanks for the great report!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

Great trip report. Loved the set up with the smiley's for bullet points. Very creative. Glad you had a good time!

Wonder why there was so much security?
I notcied the SSR horn, too, very cute.
Weird that you stuck on so many rides, in one trip.
Glad you didn't listen to the weather channel too often, they are wrong a lot of the time.

Glad you had such a great time!

Bob Jackson is a musician? jazz?

Bobbi :flower:

Love the :cool1: ;) :banana: :blush: :wave: bullets! Great report, thanks :wave2:

bom_noite said:
:listen: Heard no rumors about the potential DVC expanision at the Contemporary. But, did notice they have a HUGE amount of land between the Contemporary and the TTC that will not stand vacant for ever.

Supposidly they have tested that land and it is not stable to build on.

Thanks for the report!

Great format for the report. Glad you had a good time. thanks for posting.

bom_noite said:
:umbrella: Not sure how the Weather Channel stays in business. The website and the tv forecasts were always wrong! They called for storms throughout the day 3 days straight and none came. That was good for us, but, on one day we opted out of a water park based on the report!
:teacher: The Weather Channel stays in business by making sure their advertising revenues exceed their meager costs. If you must watch weather reports, watch them only on local TV stations. They don't know either, but at least they have some sense of what the local weather is normally like.

FWIW - Orlando summer weather is hot and humid with fierce thunderstorms every day. Many days, the thunderstorms will pass through where you are and the weather will be truly incredible for about an hour. Then it will magically clear and everything will be fine (see "...hot and humid" above). Other days, you'll get lucky and not have thunderstorms.

It's different during the winter when fronts actually pass through and change the weather, but there is not much variance from that pattern during the summer in Orlando.

OK, I'm interested. I never guessed there was such a show, thank you. There are so many things in WDW that I'd like to do, if only I knew about them. We've gone to the Flower show at Epcot for years and years, yet it's only recently, in the past 2 years that I found out there were Flower Power concerts. :confused3

Bobbi :flower:

DebbieB said:
Supposidly they have tested that land and it is not stable to build on.

That is interesting! You would think they might be able to build something - How about a floating resort? That was the original plan for the GF site (an Asian site).

Great report. Thank you I enjoyed it very much! :)

Excellent way to do a trip report. Very interesting and informative.
Thanks

Thanks for the Kudos - I just could not figure out how to make the regular bullets work!

We are not planning the next trip until next September - an eternity! We will have to find a way to get a 3 day trip in somehow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter