Trip report 4/4-4/8/03, Day 2

lulubelle

The "twisty" part of the 60 is called the Badlands
Cast of Characters:
Me - Lulubelle (Disney Freak)
DH - Chris (Tolerates Wife's Disney obsession)
DD - Bree (16 year old sweet girl who still likes to vaca w/parents)

Saturday, 4/5/03
We all get up fairly early (7 am), shower and eat some muffins and fresh fruit I had brought with us and put in the fridge in the room. I had called Mousekeeping last night to bring up a coffee maker and with it they brought 3 filtered packets of coffee. The pot only makes 4 cups but it was enough for DH and I to start the day. We take the monorail at 9:30 am to DL to activate our passes. I purchased the 2 park premium (for discounts and future visit parking fees) for myself and the So Cal passes for DH and DD. We take the Omnibus to Main Street which actually takes us way past where we want to be (Plaza Pavillion), but it is okay as the ride was a nice way to start our Disney Day ;-)
After pictures and whatnot, we embark on our adventure! First stop is Indy (a unanimous family favorite) and the standby line is already 60 minutes. So we do the single rider thing. You ask the CM at the beginning of the que line for the pass, he/she gives you a bright orange colored pass and you go thru the exit (like if you had a fast pass) and follow the sign that says "load dock", take the elevator up and again down (weird, I know) and you are in the loading que! We did this twice and it is awesome! You have no wait time and once DD & I actually sat next to each other despite the fact that we were basically "fill-ins" for empty seats. It made a very busy ride basically a walk-on, very cool. If you don't mind not riding right next to your family, this is an excellent way to save on line-time. Next we did the Jungle Cruise. Our guide was Cassandra (she called herself Cass). She was very animated and hysterical. We enjoyed her rendition of the journey. The CM makes or breaks this ride for me quite frankly and Cass, you rock, girl!!! The park was VERY CROWDED at this point. We moved on over to Pirates and got a Fastpass for an hour later. Waited in line for HM which was only 20 minutes. Checked out the shops in NOS, went on Pirates and left for our Noon ressies at Goofy's Kitchen back at our hotel. But I have to say that Pirates has always been my favorite ride (after Indy) and they have changed so many things that it just isn't the same anymore. I mean I definately still enjoyed it but it is not the same as it was ten years ago. Goofy's Kitchen was wonderful! The food was good (not great) but the character intervention was priceless! Almost immediately after being seated, Alice and the MadHatter came over to our table (2 adults and a 16 year old, mind you) and did this hysterical speil and had us in stitches. I posed for a picutre with them. They were truly perfect for their roles and we saw them throughout the next hour or so and they were awesome. I also got a hug from Baloo - and picture. The Jungle Book is my favorite Disney Movie and I had to show him my pins from the movie (I wear a lanyard, surprise, surprise). I was having the time of my life at this point. A few other characters made their way around but we were feverelessly eating at that point and I didn't notice them. We enjoyed this meal and thought it well worth the price. Just a note: The price does INCLUDE a mandatory tip and we saw two tables with tip $$$, don't think those folks realized they had already paid for the gratuity. If you plan on dining there, please note that. We had our picture taken there, didn't like it, so didn't purchase it. Ok though cause we are snapping away with our camera at every opportunity :-) Because DL had been so crowded when we left, we decided to take in a matinee movie at DTD. We let Bree choose the flick. She chose "What a Girl Wants". It was cute, typical of what a teen would see. Good vacation movie, nice and light, feel-good movie. BTW, my DH kept trying to catch glimpses of the war in Iraq and I finally had to make him promise that for 4 days he was on a Disney vaca with his family and to just let the woes of the world go. He relunctantly agreed. Went back to DL, took the train around DL - you know the Grand Canyon section has not changed for at least 20 years - amazing. Did Mr. Lincoln, we all agreed it was worth the time. The haircut and sound effects were awesome! Even our 16 yr old liked this one. Bought a Tink mylar balloon and shopped on Main Street. Had PS ressies at Catal for dinner. We sat outside which originally was not cold but turned out to BE cold - burrr, we are such whimps here in So Cal - Ha! The food was actually pretty good but our service was kinda poor. Isn't it funny how a waiter can make your dining experience so much less than it is? We all shared the 3 olive appetizer with bread (yummy). I ordered a 1/2 bottle of Chardonnay. DH had the Lamb entree and a cocktail. DD and I had salads and desert. The food was good, but not the great experience I was expecting for the $$$ and reviews I had read. Anyway, we watched Believe from the second floor of Catal. I had heard it was excellent from there, but really, it was just okay. We did waddle back to our hotel with very full bellies and sauntered off to slumberland. Tomorrow is DCA and Alladin Show
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter