Trip Report - SSR & BC

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
Got back a few weeks ago from our trip. We were there last year and returned because of the PAPwe purchased then

Resorts: First night at Hilton Bonnet Creek Very nice resort and would definitely do this again. Spent morning at beautiful pool after a leisure breakfast. So nice to be out of the cold!

Did a split DVC stay due to availability. Started at SSR for 4 nights. I did not choose wisely when it came to location. We were in the Paddocks in the building closest to Congress Springs. It seemed too far from everything and next time I would chose the Springs or Grandstand area. The Paddocks pool drink refill station was covered in bees all day. Overall, SSR was nice but we did miss the Boardwalk area.

Moved to Beach Club lastl four nights and it felt like vacation really began. Request was met for a room with large balcony. We enjoyed the quiet pool more than the main pool and walking into Epcot.

Dining: We had a WDW newbie with so did many of the same things as last year. Loved the dinner at Germany &did it for the first time last year and returned because it was so fun and it did not disappoint. Boma’s – very good – always a favorite. O’Hana’s was always a must do but not so sure anymore. The plates all look old like from a cafeteria, table was sticky, waitress indifferent – just not the same feel. I felt like it was way too expensive at $250.00 for our group of 5 even with TIW. First time at House of Blues and we felt it was reasonably priced and good and will return. Also, stood in line for 45 minutes for lunch at BOG and it was okay. Unfortunately I had not checked my email and we had been sent an invite for a Fast Pass – it would have been nice to receive this before we left home!

Fast Pass + bands – loved the convenience of the wrist bands especially as a room key but do like the Fast Passes. We have never felt so tired after returning from a park. It was great to have the time designated but since there was time between fast passes we went to rides that had 10 to 30 minute waits and it just felt like we waited in line all day. Also, one day we decided not to go to Hollywood Studios and could not get a time slot for Toy Story Mania any other day so we never rode it. Having to make a choice between favorite rides and only 3 choices at MK was tough and never did some of the favorites because of it.

Overall it was a good trip. The passes are getting so expensive and the dining cost seems to be going up with quality going down. The parks seem to be getting a little tired. Epcot really needs an update it seems everything is the same as 10+ years ago other than Soarin’. Many of our park favorites are gone such as Spectromagic, living statues, Japan candy lady, etc. Magic Kingdom also has not changed much in 10+ years. Hoping that changes - our first trip was in 1994 and the next in 2003 and the changes were amazing. Would love to see a growth spurt like that again!

It really was nice to get away and WDW is still a favorite vacation spot but I think every other year is about right for us but of course if I had the chance I would go back tomorrow :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter