Tron and Cosmic Rewind vs. Hagrid (intensity level)

I thought Guardians was more intense than Hagrid’s with all the turning/spinning (spins are not fast, more to change the direction you are facing) and definitely more nausea inducing.

Will definitely re-ride Hagrid’s again, not sure about Guardians (but I really want to ride this again).

Hagrid’s does have a couple of launches but is a pretty short (stature-wise) ride, it doesn’t have tall drops. And if you sit in the side car it feels less intense than if you sit on the motorbike.

Haven’t tried Tron yet.

The spinning on Cosmic Rewind sometimes gets to me but I ride it. Hagrids is fast and has the reverse part, I’ve grown to love it. Tron has the fast launch, love it. My favorite is Tower of Terror, arms up!!!!

So just to start I am someone who will do Hulk multiple times in a row.
I also really enjoy VelociCoaster - but the wait is a bit long to do it more than once.

Tron is very tame IMO - and short.
I enjoyed it as a fan or the original movie and the entire concept, but its not intense at all IMO - and no doub less intense than Hagrid's to me.

Cosmic Rewind is hard to quantify..
Of the three its my favorite - its a lot of fun and unique.
I don't think its particularly intense, but it affects people differently.
Between the spinning and the screens some folks get motion sickness.
So my first time riding it I was a bit concerned.. but for me it was less "intense" than Hagrid's but way more fun.

Just adding another perspective as someone who is a baby about rollercoaster - I found Cosmic Rewind to be the most enjoyable out of all 3 of those. I dont like the sinking feeling I get from rollercoasters and dont get it from Cosmic Rewind at all. I dont mind the spins, youre not going round and round, it feels like a natural turn youd make if you were actually flying. Next I would say was Hagrids for me, I dont think the launch was as intense as Tron and then you're going at a pretty consistent speed through a tame course. I also think the seated position makes the launches less intense. The initial Tron launch kind of ruined the rest of the ride for me. I felt a little woozy and the rest was tame in comparison but I think the speed along with the position you're in just personally made me feel a bit unwell.
I would do all 3 again, but Tron needs to be on an empty stomach and I have a once a day limit, the other two i could ride several times.

I agree with PollyMroz. GOT was smooth. Most of the rollercoasters are jerky and that makes me sick. The ride machines for GOT are fantastic and don't have that jerky feeling. However the screens and some of the swirling can make me a little sick. I just closed my eyes and listened to the music. It's one of my favorite rides. Hagrids is a similar intensity and the drop makes me a bit sick, but I love it! I have road both of those many times. I have had the chance to ride Tron once. It was fun but I was glad it was short as the ride vehicle was not the most comfortable. no spins, drops or jerks that made me sick.

Hagrids feels the most intense because you can see everything ahead of you. When you launch each time, you see the little hills etc, so your mind makes you think your gonna get some air time and freaks you out. Even though it doesn’t really feel that way.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter