• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

The email could say sign up for AP previews will open tomorrow at 9a. It doesn’t have to be sign up now.

Disney could skip the email in favor of just an app push notification
Sure, it could but that hasn't been Disney's MO to date.
Just like they COULD issue account specific invites that can't be shared. Again, not their MO but CAN be done.

Last time someone in this thread figured out out the DVC booking day, and the AP link ended up going live on the same day. Basically, next week, just click on the link in the first post of this thread at 9 AM ET everyday 🤪 (and feel bad for us westerners who need to get to extra early 😜)
Yep, I’m in Utah and I’m completely shifting my sleep schedule until I get the preview… it might help that I just got back from Disney lol

With the locker situation does anyone know if we will be able to bring cameras on the ride? I wanted to get different videos, one with a DSLR and one with a 360 camera. Ideally I would hold the 360 on a stick (more of a handle, it's the size of my hand) but can use a wrist mount instead.
I sure hope not. I really wish Disney would ban cameras on all rides. It's so annoying sitting behind someone holding their camera up.

I sure hope not. I really wish Disney would ban cameras on all rides. It's so annoying sitting behind someone holding their camera up.
I'd love to see them banned at shows too. We sat behind a family in December at the Orca show in Sea World (I know...a different thread). A mom, dad, and 2 tweens. As soon as the first orca leapt out of the water, 4 phones shot up and stayed up for the entire show. All 4 of them...held high! I couldn't believe it.

I'd love to see them banned at shows too. We sat behind a family in December at the Orca show in Sea World (I know...a different thread). A mom, dad, and 2 tweens. As soon as the first orca leapt out of the water, 4 phones shot up and stayed up for the entire show. All 4 of them...held high! I couldn't believe it.
I have been known to record a song or two at a concert, snap a pick at frozen. You get the idea, but here is what I don’t get I never ever look at those videos again! Do these people look at them again? Do what with them? What’s the point? I don’t get it, even when I’ve done it.

I’m almost out of space on Google and don’t want to pay more, and I’ve been deleting videos, so I know I don’t have a ton but the ones I do have I'm like I don’t even know what this is 2 years later… why?!?

I have been known to record a song or two at a concert, snap a pick at frozen. You get the idea, but here is what I don’t get I never ever look at those videos again! Do these people look at them again? Do what with them? What’s the point? I don’t get it, even when I’ve done it.

I’m almost out of space on Google and don’t want to pay more, and I’ve been deleting videos, so I know I don’t have a ton but the ones I do have I'm like I don’t even know what this is 2 years later… why?!?
My brother lives thousands of miles from WDW (and DLR), has a chronic disease that makes him incredibly sick, and *LOVES* fireworks (and where he lives isn't ideal for them). I send him fireworks live pics/videos (or sometimes short videos of other things he may like).

Otherwise, the times I've taken pics on a ride are of the kids and those get sent to grandparents (who are also thousands of miles away).

We'll watch ride videos on YouTube to show the kids what to expect (ease anxieties and/or build excitement). No need for us to personally film a ride.

Also, did someone already ask if AP ever get "guests" for previews? I'm assuming the answer is no. DH and I have APs but our kids don't.

Removed because I didn’t realize it’s not an official Parks account.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
Trying to be prepared and decide what time of day I want to ride. As I understand it, you sign up for an hour time slot and you can only ride once right? What about right at the beginning of the day when the line hasn’t filled up yet, maybe they would do re-rides then? I’m just thinking that if there’s any time of day that there’s a chance of riding multiple times I want to choose that time but if it’s definitely just going to be once I want to ride at night

Trying to be prepared and decide what time of day I want to ride. As I understand it, you sign up for an hour time slot and you can only ride once right? What about right at the beginning of the day when the line hasn’t filled up yet, maybe they would do re-rides then? I’m just thinking that if there’s any time of day that there’s a chance of riding multiple times I want to choose that time but if it’s definitely just going to be once I want to ride at night
For GOTG I had a noon time slot, which was the first AP slot on the first day. I was able to ride multiple times. But as the line got longer they started to crack down on people riding more than once. So, I would shoot for the first time slot of the day or the last time slot of the day. Those seem to be the ones where you'll have the best chance to ride more than once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter