TRON D23 Preview

Got an email about this today, but it went to my spam folder. Here are some more details, looks like icecream will be on the menu!

The D23 Gold Member Preview: TRON: Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom on March 18, 2023 is approaching at the speed of light!

To ensure you have a terrific time, we want to share some reminders.

This event is being held at Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida on March 18, 2023 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Check-in begins after 5:00 p.m. and guests will receive complimentary parking at the Transportation and Ticket Center.

An overview of our event schedule:

5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Guests may begin to check-in at the Transportation and Ticket Center at the Magic Kingdom, where they will receive park admission and a wristband.
Arrivals after 7PM will not be admitted.

6:30 p.m. Guests may begin to enter the TRON Lightcycle / Run entrance. A selection of ice cream novelties will be available.

8:30 p.m. End of event

Please note that only ticketed attendees will be allowed into the event.

Thank you for being a valued D23 Gold Member. We are so excited to welcome you to this event and cannot wait to see you in the Grid!

Anybody else worried about the weather? I usually pay it no mind since it changes often but ughh, it’s not changing.

For happier thoughts… hope the TRON merch pop up shop is open. I think it’s by Monsters’ Laugh Floor.

Knowing that it operates in the rain makes me feel encouraged, even though the weather is not looking great. Rain or shine, I'll be there!

We rode in the front, second, fourth, fifth, and sixth rows. While the first was great - we did the Superman, we much preferred the sixth row (or any row other than the first, really. The sense of being pulled was much better than the sense of flying to us, and it was much easier to take in the view and look at everything when in a swat other than the front. I have RA, and I had zero issue climbing into (and out of the bike) several times. The line for the non-bike seat was quite long. I can’t imagine how that’s going to be during a regular day; they had a door open with people waiting in there because there was no more room for the line to go - kind of hard to explain. Very low crowds for this D23 event - it was fabulous. Good luck to everyone lucky enough to be going the next two weeks for the soft open!

Went to my Preview on March 8th. As a big guy I had my fears about the leg bar. Sure enough it wouldn’t lock when I got on the cycle. ☹️ I ended up in the big seats. I didn’t try out the test seat outside. I do think partly there’s a lot of trial and error locking it in, but I wasn’t holding up the line. Guess that’ll be a kick in the butt to shed some lbs. Ride was awesome, but so quick. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Did anyone catch how they were splitting the left/right divide? It seemed like the right line (loading the left platform) was generally getting backed up more often, and we noticed several cars from the opposite side sending empty rows because no one was queued.

Also, got on 7 times, super fun and loved it! Spouse got some nice compliments on his Flynn’s Arcade shirt. I was kind of jealous! 😂

We rode ten times. Super fun. It got better with each ride since I was feeling more confident in the restraint.
One time pulled the bars back too hard and the back restraint smacked me. Definitely a learing curve with that totally different system.

Did anyone get ride pics in MDE?

Last edited:
Here at MK now. Got BP 19 for TRON. Hoping to get on early. Hope to try the test bike and be able to lock the restraints.

We rode ten times. Super fun. It got better with each ride since I was feeling more confident in the restraint.
One time pulled the bars back too hard and the back restraint smacked me. Definitely a learing curve with that totally different system.

Did anyone get ride pics in MDE?
We hoped to get ride pics too. Bought Memory maker but nothing from Tron.

Wow! 10 times. We rode twice regular and once in the chariot chairs.

Happily surprised it opened early. Our 1st ride was before 6pm. Spent a lot of time enjoying the ambiance of the area, and often with hardly any people around or none.

Went to my Preview on March 8th. As a big guy I had my fears about the leg bar. Sure enough it wouldn’t lock when I got on the cycle. ☹️ I ended up in the big seats. I didn’t try out the test seat outside. I do think partly there’s a lot of trial and error locking it in, but I wasn’t holding up the line. Guess that’ll be a kick in the butt to shed some lbs. Ride was awesome, but so quick. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I noticed the leg brace angles were different each ride. Wonder if some angles allow more room?

Oh that’s great! DH was bummed about that.
1B68EA78-731F-47FC-B543-7EF2226B4FBA.jpegThe pics sure don’t do you (us?) any favors. No good hair days here - in some pics my hair looks gray and in others purple (more Tron-ish maybe). We got ten pics, and I’d consider this the best one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter