• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Try THIS Scenario...

melomouse

DIS Veteran
Ok - can you help me ouit AGAIN????

Still trying to get my friend and her daughter to join me and DD for our late September trip during FDP. Her DD will still be 9 - my DD will be 10. So it would be 3A, 1C at POR for DP purposes - 2 A, 2C for room purposes,whatever it is for TIX!!!
My rate for DD and I with 6 day hoppers is $1432. Add our friends and it goes up by $488. Trying to get friend to go by sharing room, having her only pay the $488 - which is actually the cost of the PH, since DP is free.

Still with me??

As far as I know now - all of our party must check in at once or registration will be modified (yes, I know we've gone around on this one a few times already - DP abuses, phantom guests, children in birthday time tunnels, credit distinctions, etc, ad nauseum)

Friend cannot do all 6 nights - says hubby will kill her - also her boss. Which then leads to my question(better asked of CRO????).....how about if she arrives with us and leaves after 4 days?? Does my stay then get "modified" if she leaves? Will they re-issue cards for me and DD? Will she check out and they will just de-activate her card with the PH tix and the dining?? Should she check out??
I want everyone present and accounted for and I continue to be amazed by the number of ways folks finagle the DP and ressies. Trying to be on the up and up, work within the rules and still share a few days in The Happiest Place on Earth with our girl pals without totally confusing anyone!!!
:confused3 Too late for that!!!!

I would think it would be OK. You could all each purchase a one day ticket now and then when you arrive upgrade to the needed days. I do think though that you all need to be registered for the same length of time, so you would end up with extra dining credits (did that make sense?)

They won't pro-rate the package price because she's only staying 4 days.....You'd pay the full amount for her & there would be extra dining credits.......

Would never think to have them prorated. I guess what I am asking is - what happens to their dining credits when they check out on day 4?? I don't want any dishonest "phantom guests" lurking.....:rotfl:

From what I understand, everyone in the room has to have the same package. DD and I already booked with 6 day hopper w/ expiry. Friends tix would be the same. I think her added charge of $488 is more than excellent - understood that their 2 PH days are wasted, lost, whatever, but they would also leave with 2 TS, 2 CS and 2 snack credits, if I have it right.
I guess I am thinking it must be removed so we couldn't use them, just as we couldn't on check -in.

There should be no reason to lose the extra 2 days on the park tickets, if you all book the same number of days and then just upgrade them when you arrive (granted, it isn't that much for the extra days, but why pay for them if you don't have to?)

As for the package and dining, everyone has to be the same. So, either you would need to have two packages or just have your friend leave without officially checking out. You don't have to use the remaining dining credits (and since it's free you wouldn't be out any money). Since you wouldn't use the credits, your aren't really being dishonest.

I am a TA. Your best bet, if it's not to late to modify your package, is to just buy all the tickets for the minimum # days you need and then your family can always add on days when you are down there. Your friend will not 'check out' early since check out is associated with the room (ie making it now available for the next set of guests) not the number of guests in the room.

My question for those of you who are advising adding the days when they get there is will they then lose the benefit of the prepurchase price of the tickets and will that negate the savings of the friend not paying for those two days?

Sorry OP. Didn't mean to drive you more crazy!! As for the dining plan, why don't you just go to at least one signature dining while they are there and then you don't have the credits leftover. I guess that doesn't help your ethical dilemma of getting more free credits than people are actually there for though, huh?

Disneymom - I already AM crazy!:teeth:

and DM - you asked a good question - but moot point for me since I already saved on doing the whole pkg thingy.

I guess I did NOT say that DD and my ressie WITH 6 day hopper expiry and FDP has been booked many many weeks now. I have indecisive friends and 1 A and 1 C I can still put in our room. I would like to make it a full "girl's trip" and am working on getting ONE of my two best GF's to join us.

When I called to get price difference, I found out all parties must be present at time of check in during FDP or ressie may be "modified". One of these GF's MAY join us - but not for our full 6 nights.

I have to put them full on ressie from the start to get FDP. All must check in on Sunday 9/24. What I'm trying to do is accomodate one of them with abbreviated availability, get FDP for their stay. Not a money issue.

Maybe I will FINALLY take some time to call CRO. Don't your brains hurt, too??LOL:lmao:

i wouldn't call 'cause you run the risk of confusing the reservation and the last thing you need is to find out on june 5th (after the window for booking free dining is closed) that your ressie was accidentally changed and now no one has free food!

i would all check in together... when your friend leaves, she leaves... you're doing nothing dishonest by using the FDP for the days she's there and going home w/unused/unpaid for credits... there's no taking advantage and there's no getting taken advantage of...

as far as tickets go... i'd drop yours and dd's down to 4 day passes, identical to your friend's, and add the two extra days upon check in... there will not be a price differential and if there is, it will be less than paying for your friends two extra days per ticket, kwim?

also, since you're unsure who's traveling with you, i'd put the ressie in the the name of the most likely and change it when you know for sure... it's easier to change or remove a person from a ressie than it will be to add a person after that FDP window closes...

good luck and enjoy... and if you *really* need someone to travel to wdw with, feel free to pick me! LOL! i'm a long islander too! LOL!

You just add your friend and her dd. You all check in together. They leave when they leave. You don't need to tell them. You are left with credits. Use them, or don't, your call.

Thank you alll so much!

Gigi - I just might take you up... my friend just let me know it will be impossible for her.....back to the drawing board.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter