Trying to figure out if my plans are even realistic

rockinmom

Earning My Ears
I am trying to plan and FP+ window opens Friday so trying to figure out the best strategy for all of this. Going with my teenage son Magic Kingdom is the only day we plan to get there at rope drop. Rest of the week we will get to the parks when we get there.

Epcot Day- We are arriving early around 9 and have a brunch reservation at Chef Mickey's. Unlikely we will get to the park until afternoon. He really only wants to do Soarin and Test Track. I enjoy the countries and the seas with Nemo as well as Turtle Talk so he will suffer through them lol. I would think that a half day using FP+ it would work, which ones would you fp? I think my TA said only one can be chosen out of TT and Soarin. EMH at Epcot that night but not sure we will stay that late.

Hollywood Studios
We are not planning for RD here, will wake up when we wake up so guessing probably around 10 or 11 we will get to the park. This day I dont even know where to start.
Rides he wants to ride are TOT, Rockin Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and do the Star Wars photo op plus meet Chewbacca and Kylo Ren and if time he would like to see Indiana Jones. I am wanting Toy Story and Muppetvision. We also have a dinner reservation for Sci Fi at 6:20. Possibly do Fantasmic or stay for the Star Wars show at closing. Not sure what to FP or the best way to tour the park.

MK Day
Start in Fantasyland at 9 AM
Go to 7 Dwarf Mine at RD
Then ride any other rides in that area he wants to. My guess, teacups and Peter Pan being the two biggest but it is likely he will want to do 5 or 6 rides total there and I want to do Mickey's Philharmagic.
Head to Liberty Square for a quick lunch at Columbia Harbor, then ride Haunted Mansion.
Head to Adventureland- ride Pirates and jungle cruise
Head to Frontierland, use fp+ for splash mtn and big thunder mtn
Go to Tony's for our 5:20 dinner reservation
Then go straight to Space Mtn and use our fp there, then ride monsters buzz and speedway. We plan to commando this day, staying from open to close.

AK day
We are planning to go into the park late like around noon. We will stay through closing.
He isnt interested in FOP at all but does want to see Avatarland all lit up at night. He wants to do Everest, Kali River and I want to do Kilimanjaro safari, anything else is just extra. That is why we are planning to go so late. I think fp+ for the three main rides he is interested in.

This is my 4th trip and his third tho he was only 8 our last trip and too small to ride most of the rides he wants to on this trip. I am not sure if my plans are unreasonable or not honestly. I need someone to look them over, lol

We typically have 2 days for MK but this trip, we are heading to Universal for a few days as well. There I have no clue. I have never been so honestly do not know what to expect. Suggestions are welcome there too.

Thanks!

on your MK day, there will be long lines for Peter Pan, Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Having your 3rd FP for 5pm will make things tough. Probably better to FP Peter Pan and hope for a 4th for space.

If you could FP 7DMT, PP and maybe Space, you could do BTMRR, Splash, Pirates and JC at RD, have FPs for the 3 other big ones and fill in with other attractions. Just my opinion.

Also keep in mind for DHS, toy story will be standby only starting April 9 (not sure if you're on site or offsite and booking at 60 days or 30)

Also keep in mind for DHS, toy story will be standby only starting April 9 (not sure if you're on site or offsite and booking at 60 days or 30)
We are at POP, and idk that toy story was changing. I may not get to ride it even tho its one of my favorites. :(

Even though he says not interested in FOP I would still see if you can get a fast pass for it-it truly is one of the best attractions anywhere regardless if you like avatar or not. Everest has a single rider line that if you don't mind possible not riding together I'd do that, then FP FoP, KS and Kali. Try for Safari at just before twilight/sunset. I personally love AK so I could easily stay here open to close and see all the shows and trails (the animal trails close at dark).

I would also try to FP 7DMT and PP fairly early in day, and head to frontier/adventure land at park open. You can knock out most major rides while crowd hits Fantasyland. Schedule 3rd FP for something right after the first two and you should be able to find FP for space, buzz speedway for afternoon. ANd FP for repeats on rides in adventure and frontierland.

I love going on trips with just one of my kids at a time - have a great time!

get a Fastpass for Soarin
you can single rider line test track
I cannot do any single rider lines unless I do not ride and just stand with him in line and immediately go to the exit to meet him after. My son has autism so I am not comfortable leaving him unsupervised in the parks. He would easily get bored waiting on me and wander off.

I cannot do any single rider lines unless I do not ride and just stand with him in line and immediately go to the exit to meet him after. My son has autism so I am not comfortable leaving him unsupervised in the parks. He would easily get bored waiting on me and wander off.

oh sorry....didn't realize that.....so that's a challenge..
i'm not sure which is harder to standby...

Epcot Day: you say you arriving pretty early; 9am. Might as well get there for rope drop, then. Get FP for Test Track. Ride Soarin first. Test Track is more often down. If you hit Soarin first, then The Land, then Nemo and Turtle Talk. Then FP for Test Track (even if down you can ride later). Also get FP for Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. ABORT the Chef Mickey's brunch on this day: It is not worth it and it's too far from Epcot.

HS Day: Get FP for RnRC and ST early. Try for ToT as extra FP after using the other two.

MK Day: Get FP for SDMT early, Splash and BTMRR. Go to Peter Pan at rope drop then FP for SDMT. Go next to Space Mt., then Buzz and Monsters or anything else in Tomorrowland. Then to Splash and BTMRR (time it so you are at end of one and start of second window). Then start getting extra FP for Haunted Mansion, PoTC, Jungle Cruise, etc. Keep checking for best FP time.

AK Day: Get FOP FP if you can/want. If not get Navi River Journey. Get EE and KS FPs. Go to Lion King and Nemo shows, if time permits. Pick up KS and KRR as extra FP.

Over plan but don't over do. It's better to have the FP and itinerary planned and not follow it than to get there and wait in a line.
Have fun.

EP - FP for Soarin. If single rider line at TT is short - try that. Make sure that you end up in a car in FRONT of him - then you will exit either at the same time or before him. If the CM can't accommodate - just exit yourself. This line is often only 10-20 minutes.

HS - I would FP for TS (well - if still offered for your trip timing). Not sure when you are headed exactly (guessing 30-60 days) - but it's at lower capacity right now - and the standby line is awful. You both want this - and you can't get both this and RnR. ST should not be problem to get a FP for. This is a small park - don't worry about having to criss-cross it.

AK - really - get a FOP or Navi FP. They are worth it. Get EE and Safari FP. For Kali - pick that up as 4th FP - or standby - or don't ride. You may or may not want to get that wet that day.

MK - RD 7DMT, then you are going to have to decide about FP for PP and the three mountains. PP line could easily be 45 minutes long after riding 7DMT at RD. I would use ALL your FP's early - maybe before 1-2 pm. You can usually pick up more after that. Honestly - this past year - I would FP POTC and Jungle Cruise because in the afternoon - those standby lines can easily be 45-60 minutes. As long as the weather is still cool - Splash is usually not bad after dark, and we find SM lines short right at closing.

OR at MK - follow wdw&sonny PP plan - this: MK Day: Get FP for SDMT early, Splash and BTMRR. Go to Peter Pan at rope drop then FP for SDMT. Go next to Space Mt., then Buzz and Monsters or anything else in Tomorrowland. Then to Splash and BTMRR (time it so you are at end of one and start of second window). Then start getting extra FP for Haunted Mansion, PoTC, Jungle Cruise, etc. Keep checking for best FP time.

As for Universal - post on that board and you'll get lots of help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter