TV, Fridge and Crossing the Border

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
For those with plug in tv's and/or electric coolers in your vans: Do you declare them as you cross into the States? Carry your receipts? Or are never questioned one way or the other? TIA

Last week we went to Ohio from Mississauga. We had our TV/VCR combo in the trunk crossing each way. I carried the receipt in my wallet just in case someone asked. No one looked in the trunk and I didn't reason to tell them I had a TV with us. S

Our TV/VCR combo was very much in plain view of Customs since it fits between the driver and passenger seats in our van. We made sure we did not have the blanket over it at the time of crossing the border. It was new last year, so I did have the receipt with me. We have now "altered" it so that it is more easily ratchet-strapped into place so it sure doesn't look like new anymore! I won't worry about ensuring I have the bill with me. Debbie, since your tv is new, I would just make sure you take your receipt with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter