'Twas the Night Before Leaving...

ElementCamper

DIS Veteran
And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring except me...pondering what I didn't pack! It's going to be so cold in the morning hooking up.

Leaving in the morning, spending the night at O'leno State Park at High Springs, hope to arrive by 5pm. Looks like rain last time I looked, was hoping to go over to the Ichtechuknee and do some snorkeling on the way down, we'll see!
Then arrive at the Fort Saturday afternoon.

Hope to hook up with clkelly, last I heard she was going to be there in same loop I requested, two T@Bers at FW at the same time!:thumbsup2

If I can find some internet while down there, will post pictures and a trip report, otherwise will be when I get back.:woohoo:

You do know that we are less than 30 minutes away from you, right ?
We always keep a packed bag in the closet. (hint hint)

and if your not good at taking hints, then ya'll hava great time ! :thumbsup2

Have a safe and happy trip! I know I have a hard time sleeping the night before too!

Have a safe and happy trip! I know I have a hard time sleeping the night before too!

That's why I drive down the night before, let the kids sleep in the back seat and the wife sleep in the passenger seat, and my excitement gives me plenty of adrenaline to push on through!

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. :cheer2:

I''ve still got a ways to go and I'm not sleeping thinking of all the things that need to be done. The best feeling is when I climb into the RV, hubby says "we've got everything?" I nod:santa: and we are off!

The best feeling is when I climb into the RV, hubby says "we've got everything?" I nod:santa: and we are off!

And in the back of my mind I'm thinking. . . please don't let me have forgotten something important (like pillows!)

And in the back of my mind I'm thinking. . . please don't let me have forgotten something important (like pillows!)

And that nagging feeling follows us until we arrive, setup, and sit down and pop open our first beers!! :love:

I'm so jealous ... arrived home from the fort less than 2 weeks ago ... would love to still be there! Have a great trip!

"we've got everything?"
If we forgot something I know where Walmart is.

Oh yea, alway's forgettin' the deodorant or toothpaste, toothbrush. Something left out to get through the last night at home or in the morning before going.

Never forgot a kid 'tho. They always remind you, no matter how quiet we try to sneak outta the house without them :rotfl2:.

Signing in for this TR! popcorn:: But off to watch Christmas specials with the kids for now!

And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring except me...pondering what I didn't pack! It's going to be so cold in the morning hooking up.

Leaving in the morning, spending the night at O'leno State Park at High Springs, hope to arrive by 5pm. Looks like rain last time I looked, was hoping to go over to the Ichtechuknee and do some snorkeling on the way down, we'll see!
Then arrive at the Fort Saturday afternoon.

Hope to hook up with clkelly, last I heard she was going to be there in same loop I requested, two T@Bers at FW at the same time!:thumbsup2

If I can find some internet while down there, will post pictures and a trip report, otherwise will be when I get back.:woohoo:

Am curious about your avatar. Is that some type of tent on top of an Element?

Am curious about your avatar. Is that some type of tent on top of an Element?

The avatar is a picture from Ursa Minor's website, they do Honda Element conversions to a roof top camper. I'll be changing it soon, instead of doing the conversion, I bought a T@B trailer kinda like clkelley's instead. It was so comfortable to camp in. Trip report coming soon!

Okay,,so was it worth your time ? popcorn::
\

Yes, definitely. Working on pictures now, will have some up soon. I'll start a new thread at that time with a trip report.

A preview though, crowds in my opinion were higher than last year in the same week. Looks like the room and dining offers did their trick. Next trip will be in a less busy, slightly warmer time. It got really cold several nights, but of course it's Florida, 85 the next day. Hang in there, got a busy week at work so may not get report ready until next weekend.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter