Two Cribs in One Room?

Golfjbc89

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip with the family that consists of DW, DD (1yo at time of trip), DD (2.5yo at time of trip). While discussing with DW we were wondering if we could have 2 cribs in one room? We're not sure if the 2.5yo will be out of the crib by then and putting them in a bed for the first time in Disney is a scary thought.

We would ideally get a room with a King bed room to make more room for 2 cribs. What are your thoughts on this and if theres a better resort for this?

Unfortunately, they won't allow you to have a king room. We tried when my son was nearly 3 and my daughter was an infant. They only allow 1 under 3 per room to not count toward room capacity. What worked for us was a Pop Century room and leave the 2nd Murphy bed folded up. The nearly 3 yr old slept with us so we didn't have 2 cribs, but I think there might be enough space for it.

Last edited:
Planning a trip with the family that consists of DW, DD (1yo at time of trip), DD (2.5yo at time of trip). While discussing with DW we were wondering if we could have 2 cribs in one room? We're not sure if the 2.5yo will be out of the crib by then and putting them in a bed for the first time in Disney is a scary thought.

We would ideally get a room with a King bed room to make more room for 2 cribs. What are your thoughts on this and if theres a better resort for this?
What about a cabin at Fort Wilderness? We fit our pack and play in a corner and then you could use the bottom bunk for your older child. I’ve read they have safety rails you can request, but worse case scenario you could request pillows and build a barrier. There’s only one open side and the bed is low to the ground. The bedroom was tight but it was fine since there was a separate living/kitchen.

Depending on the size of your 2.5 year old the Disney cribs may be too small. We had one in September for our 9 month old and there is no way my 2 year old would have fit in one. He slept on a blow up mattress on the floor that I bought on Amazon for like $12.

I feel like surely people with twins must travel to Disney and use two cribs? Maybe someone can weigh in on their experience. I will say that we stayed at the Contemporary both in the tower and the garden wing with a crib and it was a tight squeeze for everyone.

We did this when my twins were small (they are 17 now, so it's been a while). We stayed at POR and had me, DH, my grandfather, my 6 year old son and the twins who were 14 months at the time. We had 2 cribs in the room from Disney. It was tight, but it was only 1 night as we then moved into a DVC room for the week. If I had to do it for a week, I think I'd want a deluxe somewhere with a bit more room. I'm not sure about the occupancy limits as we were at the Disney occupancy of 5 in POR +1 under 2 (though we had 2 under 2).

We did this when my twins were small (they are 17 now, so it's been a while). We stayed at POR and had me, DH, my grandfather, my 6 year old son and the twins who were 14 months at the time. We had 2 cribs in the room from Disney. It was tight, but it was only 1 night as we then moved into a DVC room for the week. If I had to do it for a week, I think I'd want a deluxe somewhere with a bit more room. I'm not sure about the occupancy limits as we were at the Disney occupancy of 5 in POR +1 under 2 (though we had 2 under 2).
If you have 2 yr old quintuplets plus two adults, you have six plus one.

What resort is the OP looking at? Or is the OP looking for suggestions on which property would work best?

two adult, two kids (one infant, one toddler), two cribs.

budget?

Our twins were a few months shy of three-years-old on their first Disney trip. We stayed at CBR and one twin slept in a bed with my husband and the other twin slept in a bed with me. We had Disney put bedrails on one side of each bed. My twins were still both in cribs at home, and I was worried about them being in a bed at Disney, but this worked really well for us.

Our twins were a few months shy of three-years-old on their first Disney trip. We stayed at CBR and one twin slept in a bed with my husband and the other twin slept in a bed with me. We had Disney put bedrails on one side of each bed. My twins were still both in cribs at home, and I was worried about them being in a bed at Disney, but this worked really well for us.
We do not have twins, but when youngest was an infant, we had a bassinet and then we would either co-sleep with older DD or get 2 bedrails to corral her in:) After that, when they were both young we always did the co-sleeping routine with a bedrail and it worked great.

We also did the bedrail and co-sleep with our youngest. When he gets over tired he will sit up while sleeping and fall over in a random direction.

Most likely you will get 2 pack and plays, and I doubt you 2.5 year old will sleep comfortably in one. It is a board with a thin layer of foam on it. Not terrible when you are a 15 lb baby, not comfortable when you are a 30lb 2 year old. I would plan on either having the 2 year old sleep with a parent or in a bed by themself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter