Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Initially as a resale buyer I could buy the 7 for 5 and there was no requirement for a blue card to pick this up (was a debate on here I think where it was agreed it was open to resale buyers). However when I checked again today the option to buy doesn't even come up.

This may have already been asked but... I plan to buy the PAP for us in december. Our trip is not until June. So, I should receive the voucher and just need to activate it when there correct? will i still be able to plan FPs with the pass not yet activated?

This may have already been asked but... I plan to buy the PAP for us in december. Our trip is not until June. So, I should receive the voucher and just need to activate it when there correct? will i still be able to plan FPs with the pass not yet activated?

Yes, you should receive the voucher and can then link the number to your MDE account - or it will be linked to your MDE account already, if you order them online while signed in to your DVC account. Once they're linked to the appropriate people in your MDE account, you'll be able to book FPs when your window opens. Then when you arrive in June, you can go to any ticket window or Guest Services window to activate them (and start your one year countdown).

I just spoke to Member Services. They said that the requirement to be in the same household applied to the AP offer. The 7 for 5 offer does not require your guest to be in the same household, but does require the DVC Member to be present at Guest Services to activate the tickets - presumably with your blue card.

No only for APH

As I stated above merely linked the 7 day tix in my DS MDE

Will do same for my DIL

Any news on when they will open Star Wars land? I would like to time it right so I can get a PAP when it will allow me to use on the trip when it opens.

Any news on when they will open Star Wars land? I would like to time it right so I can get a PAP when it will allow me to use on the trip when it opens.
2019 is about all Disney has said. The one at Disneyland will open first. Most suspect the one at WDW will not open until closer to Fall 2019.

Obviously I forgot everything you all told me about renewing our APs. We have gold APs that expired mid trip in December. We were going to by the Ticket offer until we realized that price didn't include park hoppers. I went online to renew started with the DVC member site, ended up at the online ticket website. Signed in at each website. But at the ticket website it wants me to renew with a platinum and pay over $700 for one ticket. Obviously not renewing our Gold APs.

I have to admit that I thought getting the 13 month AP last time was sweet, but I never thought what a pain it was causing us for this trip since it now expires in the middle of our regular December vacation.

So please confirm that I need to call ticketing to renew these APs.

Obviously I forgot everything you all told me about renewing our APs. We have gold APs that expired mid trip in December. We were going to by the Ticket offer until we realized that price didn't include park hoppers. I went online to renew started with the DVC member site, ended up at the online ticket website. Signed in at each website. But at the ticket website it wants me to renew with a platinum and pay over $700 for one ticket. Obviously not renewing our Gold APs.

I have to admit that I thought getting the 13 month AP last time was sweet, but I never thought what a pain it was causing us for this trip since it now expires in the middle of our regular December vacation.

So please confirm that I need to call ticketing to renew these APs.
Call Member Services to renew your DVC priced annual passes.

I don’t see that the 7 day pass is a good deal if you need passes for 8 days or more. We will be needing passes for 8 days and it doesn’t make sense to buy this pass. I use to always buy an annual pass but I think the price has gotten crazy high in the last few years.

I don’t see that the 7 day pass is a good deal if you need passes for 8 days or more. We will be needing passes for 8 days and it doesn’t make sense to buy this pass. I use to always buy an annual pass but I think the price has gotten crazy high in the last few years.
It's really a personal thing. We take at least a day off to head over to Universal, which is an all day affair for us. So 7 days would be perfect IF they were PHs, however, I have already bought our passes for this next trip.

Note also, Central Florida is a treasure trove of wonders, both natural and man made. Some day I'll put aside an entire week to see more.

Last edited:
So that I’m clear, I can not buy annual passes for my children with the DVC discount if the address on their drivers license is not at our residence? This is also true for the 7 day for price of 5 tickets as well? Is this policy listed somewhere or just presumed. Thanks a lot. Where will they show their licenses? At the ticket window when you convert vouchers to tickets. I have to order our tickets this weekend for use months from now. Thanks for the help​

Last edited:
So that I’m clear, I can not buy annual passes for my children with the DVC discount if the address on their drivers license is not at our residence? This is also true for the 7 day for price of 5 tickets as well? Is this policy listed somewhere or just presumed. Thanks a lot. Where will they show their licenses? At the ticket window when you convert vouchers to tickets. I have to order our tickets this weekend for use months from now. Thanks for the help​
You’re correct on the policy. I’m looking at it right now on the Member website. The policy is the same for both the AP and 7-day tickets. However, Disney is often inconsistent between policy and procedure. AP’s must me activated before they’re used, and that’s when they check ID. The 7-day tickets don’t have to be activated, so they’ll never check ID.

You’re correct on the policy. I’m looking at it right now on the Member website. The policy is the same for both the AP and 7-day tickets. However, Disney is often inconsistent between policy and procedure. AP’s must me activated before they’re used, and that’s when they check ID. The 7-day tickets don’t have to be activated, so they’ll never check ID.
So if I buy the 7 day tickets do I get vouchers or tickets. I’m buying these several months in advance. Thanks. Sorry I don’t remember the procedure for buying ahead. I’m only doing this to get our fast passes early. We usually buy at the window at the park.

So if I buy the 7 day tickets do I get vouchers or tickets. I’m buying these several months in advance. Thanks. Sorry I don’t remember the procedure for buying ahead. I’m only doing this to get our fast passes early. We usually buy at the window at the park.
Disney's ticketing system can email you the ticket ids so you can add them to your profiles and distribute them to family member profiles as needed. At this point you'll be able to make your fast passes. No need to have them mailed or picked up.

Do you have magic bands? Or are you going to stay on site? The tickets should link to your account and be accessible though your existing bands.

has anyone had luck bridging tickets purchased from UCT to DVC APs via phone? I called MS and they said they could not bridge but to call ticketing and tell them what the issue was (we won't be to WDW til February so after the promo time)... I called ticketing and she said they could bridge but had ZERO access to any DVC rates on tickets. Very circular and frustrating!

I am currently having the same issue where my trip won't happen until after the promo has ended but would love to bridge my Tickets At Work tickets to an AP. Did you ever have any success in getting them bridged? Thanks!

What you would get is a confirmation number that you can link to your MDE account, or MS might even do that for you. Things are pretty much all electronic now.

Also, in case you missed it, Disney has a $20 up charge if you purchase tickets at the gate now.

Don't buy on site / at the gate - there's a good chance GS will activate the pass immediately and then your year of admission begins when you purchase.

If you don't want your year of admission to begin until June, buy online (through the DVC member website) or call MS. You will get a confirmation number that will most likely be linked to your MDE account. Then you can activate that new pass when you arrive in June.

The promotional period is only for a limited time. If you look to upgrade to the PH after the purchase window is over I'd expect the system to ask for the full price difference from what you'll pay for the dvc 7 day non-ph pass and whatever the current going price of a PH will be (hence, no savings.)

Now, does this mean that if you use it once to enter a park and then upgrade to the PH that it will still ask for the full difference? I can't answer for sure, but indicators about anything being bought before February 12, 2017 being price locked to that price/time tells me Disney closed that loophole in the system.

I bought the 5 for 7 deal for my family. I did not get the hopper option, we are there for marathon weekend, and do not plan to do more than one park per day. We are staying at OKW, but are waitlisted for BLT or BWV. If one of those waitlist's comes up (which I doubt at this point), that may change the likelihood of sticking to one park a day. So my question is, since we arrive on 1/2/17, the day before the promo ends, if we want to upgrade to hoppers, do you think we'd be able to get the discounted price? My husband doesn't arrive until 1/3, but I should be able to upgrade his on 1/2 if I have the card right? I've never done an upgrade before, so this process is new to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter