• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

I am not educated on the Platinum and Platinum Plus tickets. Whats the advantage over an Annual Pass?
“Platinum” is the standard annual pass. “Gold” is available to DVC owners and Florida residents, but has four weeks of blackout dates.

I am not educated on the Platinum and Platinum Plus tickets. Whats the advantage over an Annual Pass?
The Gold Pass was the best deal for DVC members. It was a great price, but had blackout dates during Disney World’s busiest times such as Christmas and Easter.
The Platinum Pass is an annual pass with no black out dates.
The PLatinum Plus also includes water parks.

The current deal offers DVC members the Platinum Plus at the same price as the Gold Pass. This is roughly a 30% savings over the normal price of the Platinum Plus. And you are free to travel any time you want.

The Gold Pass was the best deal for DVC members. It was a great price, but had blackout dates during Disney World’s busiest times such as Christmas and Easter.
The Platinum Pass is an annual pass with no black out dates.
The PLatinum Plus also includes water parks.

The current deal offers DVC members the Platinum Plus at the same price as the Gold Pass. This is roughly a 30% savings over the normal price of the Platinum Plus. And you are free to travel any time you want.
Thank you! This explains all of the excitement over these tickets.

If I were to purchase one now, but not activate it until say next November 2018, would it be good for a year from the November activation?

Well reading previous posts,looks like I would have up to late December to first activate pushing this up to December 2019. Hmmm.......

Do the special offer 7 day tickets (for the 5 day price) have a 6 month expiration from first use? So will not expie in 14 days from first use like other parkhoppers?

How many trips would these Platinum Plus passes pay for themselves? Would we need to go into a park everyday? Not sure the husband is up to all of these park days, but I would like to save our non-expired tickets....

How many trips would these Platinum Plus passes pay for themselves? Would we need to go into a park everyday? Not sure the husband is up to all of these park days, but I would like to save our non-expired tickets....

The best way to calculate what is a better option is to decide how many days you would be in a park in a year and then compare the cost of a ticket to the cost of an AP. In your case it would be comparing the cost of the non-expire ticket to an AP.

My DH doesn’t want to go to the parks as much as I do. I bought an AP for me and the 7 for 5 ticket for my DH.

I used my AP for F&W and Christmas so far. And will use it for F&G in May. My DH’s tickets will cover Christmas and May. Like you I also have some non-expiring tickets that I am holding on to.

Ok, so this promo is out...
I just looked on the disney site and this is what it says now:

Walt Disney World Tickets Offer
Get 7 days of theme parks for the price of 5. Once you begin using your tickets, you'll have 6 months to use the rest.

With this ticket, you can enjoy access to 4 unique theme parks—and make the most of the magic.

Pricing
  • From $370 per person
Important Information

• Ticket must be first used by December 31, 2018.
  • Tickets are valid for admission beginning July 6, 2017 and must be used within 6 months of first use or by June 30, 2019, whichever occurs first.
  • Offer valid for the Disney Vacation Club Members and up to 7 family members (must live in the same household).
Not sure when they changed the dates from 2017 and 2018.

Purchase the Disney Platinum Plus Annual Pass or tickets through January 3, 2018, and begin using by December 31, 2018.

Last edited:
how many forms of payment can they take? I am using a bunch of gift cards and I am thinking about consolidating them first into 1 or 2

how many forms of payment can they take? I am using a bunch of gift cards and I am thinking about consolidating them first into 1 or 2

I used the Disney Gift Card website to consolidate cards, but I also had to buy the Platinum AP one at a time for my family because the WDW Ticketing website would only allow 1 gift card at a time to be used for a purchase because each AP is over $557 each.

I used the Disney Gift Card website to consolidate cards, but I also had to buy the Platinum AP one at a time for my family because the WDW Ticketing website would only allow 1 gift card at a time to be used for a purchase because each AP is over $557 each.
I am renewing so I probably have to call in anyway

I purchased two Platinum Annual Passes today by phone to activate in September. They gave me a confirmation number and said I could add that to my MDE account before 60 days to make Fast Passes. Is there any reason not to go ahead and add it to my MDE account now? I emailed myself the confirmation number and put it in my phone, but wondered if it would hurt to go ahead and put with my MDE information?

I purchased two Platinum Annual Passes today by phone to activate in September. They gave me a confirmation number and said I could add that to my MDE account before 60 days to make Fast Passes. Is there any reason not to go ahead and add it to my MDE account now? I emailed myself the confirmation number and put it in my phone, but wondered if it would hurt to go ahead and put with my MDE information?

AFAIK, no problem entering the confirmation number now. That way you don’t have to worry about forgetting and not being ready to book FP the minute your window opens!

I added a renewal certificate to MDE for my 17yo. Do I have to visit a ticket booth to “activate”, even though 17yo does not have to be there?

I added a renewal certificate to MDE for my 17yo. Do I have to visit a ticket booth to “activate”, even though 17yo does not have to be there?

I believe that yes you have to activate the AP and also that the 17 year old must be there, even though they don’t have to show photo ID. You might ask this question on the Theme Parks board, where @ravenclawtrekkie or other experts will see it and confirm or correct my belief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter