• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tyler/ChipNDaleExpress?

The Sybah Shelstah

Mouseketeer
(Not intending to offend anyone else -but these are the only ones I noticed so far are in the "WDW transportation" line of work- I think? And anyone else that can answer this -please do!!! I'm just trying to grab their attention. LOL)

Just curious... ahead of time because I'm worried once I get there I'll be all confused trying to learn how to get from where to where (other than just my resort to the parks ofcourse- that seems easy enough.. just look for the bus that is taking you to that park- right? LOL) and so I thought I'd ask you.

Is it feasible to get from Ft.Wilderness to Beaches & Cream (however it is that I'm supposed to do that- and if you could please let me know how? LOL) from say around 8 or 8:30 to get to B&C (or close to it- I'm fully aware they don't drop you off right in front of B&C LOL I just don't know exactly where it is they drop you off at?) by 9:30pm?

And if so- how do I do it? What is the closest drop off to B&C and how do I get to that "spot" from Ft Wilderness?

Your help would be VERY appreciated!!! :)

Well, you have two or three choices for that... Beaches & Cream is located at the Beach Club... It depends on which theme park is open on what would be your best bet. If the Disney-MGM Studios is open, take the Studios bus from the Settlement Depot to the Studios, and then catch the boat to B&C.

take the Studios bus from the Settlement Depot

Does the bus from the settlement go direct to MGM at 8:30 at night, or will she be taken to T & T center first, then to get a bus to MGM..cause it seems to me, that since the boat is so slow (and sometimes you wait for 20 minutes for it before it even leaves), that getting to the Beach Club is faster from T & T center or DD on a bus...yes, no? It's been awhile since we took a late bus from the settlement, but it seems to me they weren't coming very often there either.

Although if you take a boat from MGM, you do end up a bit closer to the area of Beaches, than if you take a bus.

Shelley..the campground is always a pain to go from point A to B, unless MK is open..then it's great..you can take the boat over there, and the Tic and tran center goes just about everywhere.

Originally posted by DMRick
Does the bus from the settlement go direct to MGM at 8:30 at night, or will she be taken to T & T center first, then to get a bus to MGM..cause it seems to me, that since the boat is so slow (and sometimes you wait for 20 minutes for it before it even leaves), that getting to the Beach Club is faster from T & T center or DD on a bus...yes, no? It's been awhile since we took a late bus from the settlement, but it seems to me they weren't coming very often there either.

The bus from the Settlement Depot goes directly to the Studios. No need to go the Transportation Center. There are NO busses to any Disney Resort (Aside from WL/FW) at the TTC. Nor, are there any busses to Downtown Disney. (Downtown Disney busses are either at WL or Outpost Depot)

Ps. NONE of the parks would be open at that time at night. I forgot to mention that it would be next week when the parks are all closed by 7pm. Sorry.

Okay... new one for me. What is the Settlement depot and where is it?

So basically once the parks are closed I'm going to have a hard time getting around from here to there except maybe TO DTD/PI in the early evening and BACK from DTD/PI in the late evening. Am I getting that right?

So which way am I supposed to do this? So take bus to MGM then find boat (haha- I say that because I haven't a clue where that would be) and take it to B&C? Boats make me think =slow. Especially if others are doing the same thing and I have to wait awhile for a boat, right? What's the nearest place to B&C that a bus takes you that you can just walk from there? Would walking there be faster? (and the bus wouldn't go to MGM when MGM is already closed, right? So in that case- how do I get to B&C?)

I'll learn this 'travelling by WDW transportation" yet! Just keep being patient with me while I learn please. :)

Settlement Depot is the main bus stop at Fort Wilderness, up by Pioneer Hall and the Marina. I'm assumming you're coming from the Hoop Dee Doo... (which is at the Settlement Depot area)

You mentioned you will be going on a night when the Studios will close at 7... This means your only other option would be to go to Downtown Disney.

Now, from the Settlement, you have two options to get to the Downtown Disney bus. With the exception of the Studios, all outside bus transportation picks up at the Outpost Depot. To get there, just board any internal shuttle that says OUTPOST.

Another option, and one that might be better, is to catch the Wilderness Lodge bus at the Settlement. At the Lodge, catch the DTD bus from there. It'll be the same bus... but the bus is supposed to stop at WL before FW... so, you'll have a greater chance of getting a seat.

Once at DTD Marketplace, simply connect to the Swan & Dolphin/Yacht & Beach club bus...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter