Tyler!!! ? for you..or anyone else who knows

mom2of2

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at CBR in March and with the parks closing at 7pm I asked the ? what to do after that. It was suggested that I resort hop. Great Idea!!! BUT...how long do busses run between resorts? I'm not going to get stuck somewhere am I if I get a little carried away in a resort right? I'm also thinking about going over to the Campground to check out their nightly what nots. Any travel info would be great. And if anyone else has any ideas what to do after 7pm with 2 kids (12 & 5) BESIDES DQ ( don't even WANT them to know that existists) I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks All!!!

FYI-There are no resort to resort buses, so you must travel to different resorts using many methods which can be time consuming, but worth it if you are into touring the resorts.

Such as take a bus to MK. Walk/Monorail to Contemp. Visit Contemp. Hop monorail to TTC. Bus to WL. Walk to FW. Bus back to TTC. Head to Poly via Monorail, and then onto GF via monorail. Now to get back to your resort, just hop a bus to any open park or DTD, and then switch to CB at either destination.

The EPCOT resorts can be done as well with much less hassel. All you need to do is catch a bus from any park or DTD to any of the resorts-i.e. BW, YC, BC, Swan or Dophin. All of these resorts are within walking distance of each other, so no need to do any fancy transporting :) Hop a bus to DTD or an open park to switch to a CB bus when you are done :)

AKL is easy to access from the AK park. Buses are frequent, so I would bus to the park and over to the lodge to get there and back :)

Use the bus method to get to any of the other resorts as well! Have a great time! We always enjoy checking out the resorts.

FYI-that MK loop will take a long time to complete in one day!

Disney Transportation is designed to efficiently get you from Resort to Park, and from Park to Resort. Therefore, if you want to go Resort hopping, you will have to go Resort -> Park -> Resort.

The trick is to pick the right transfer point for your destination. Pick a location that is closest to either you, or your destination. For example, if you want to go to Fort Wilderness, you can either head over to the Disney-MGM Studios and catch the FW bus there, or head over to the Magic Kingdom, and catch the boat from there.

If you are going to be travelling after all of the parks have closed, you can always use Downtown Disney. DTD busses pick up at the resorts until about 1am.

One other note... Never go to Epcot to go to the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, or Boardwalk... the reason being - the bus drops off in front, but the S/D/Y/B/BW are in the back of Epcot... you must use your park hopper, and walk all the way to the back of the park. A better choice would be the Studios.

We always go in the winter when the parks close early. Usually, we make a late PS in Epcot for dinner and spend the evenings there, at the Boardwalk, Downtown Disney, or our own resort. We tend to start the days on the early side so not even my teenagers complain when we're back in the room by 9:00 p.m. or so. Sometimes a late night walk around the resort is nice and the kids might head to the arcade for a few minutes.

We have gone many times when parks close early and we never seem to get back to the rooms early. How many days will you be there? If you're at MGM and see Fantasmic you probably won't be out of there until almost 8. It might be close to 9 by the time you would get to your room. (Assuming Fantasmic is at 7PM) Epcot is open until 9PM. Keep in mind when they say a park like MKcloses at 7pm that's the latest they'll allow you on a ride or in a line. If you get into line at 7, it might be 5-15 minutes before you're off the ride (and that's with no wait) then the shops stay open so a little browsing on the way out, the wait for the bus at closing and get to the resort - could be 20-40 minutes. AND if you eat a late lunch and plan to have dinner after leaving by the time you get to the resort and eat it's 10PM! Plus we never seem to have enough time to enjoy the resort! Go back in the evening a take a swim! I would caution you about Resort hopping with out a car - OR just splan to splurge and pay the $10-$!5 for a cab back to CBR. Then you could leave a park, go to resort of choice for dinner or whatever, then call cab to get back to CBR. If you were at AK one day, you could go from there to the Boardwalk, have dinner or hang out there until about 8:30, then walk through Epcot and catch the bus to CBR. BTW, We have gone to Downtown Disney many times and have yet to take DD (now 8) to DQ. We stay away from the Westside. She loves browsing all the stores and Rainforest Cafe it great fun. Let's see, one night epcot, one night DD, one night MGM and late dinner, one night swim at resort , one night Boardwalk the exit through Epcot and we haven't had to worry about the multiple bus changes yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter