Typhoon Lagoon Question ...

MJwritestuff

Mouseketeer
Hi - Just curious if anyone knows about the age limit for the Shark Reef at TL? We will be there in November with twins 9 and their sister who will be almost eight, and I really wanted to do this.

Although the website mentions nothing about an age requirement of ten years old, I heard this somewhere and was checking to see if it were true. We'll still go, but I'd just love for them to experience this if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Melissa

I don't know if there is an age limit or not. I do know that the children must be able to swim or at least float on their tummy. My children went last year when my youngest was 6 and the twins were 8. The reason they must be able to swim or float well is because you're not supposed to touch the bottom while you go across the water. You might damage the corals or something. The water is kept at a cooler tempertature for the fish, but it's a neat experience.

We were there in August and parent asked the same question while we were in line. They were told the child had to be accompanied by an adult under the age of ten, and the children had to be able to swim.

I was there yesterday and there were kids of all ages snorkeling with their parents.

Oh thank you everyone!

I was so looking forward to surprising them with this, as we've never done a Disney water park before, so now I'm confident we'll be okay doing it.

I can't believe anyone would ever go to Disney without the wonderful help of this site. It saves so much time and aggravation.

Thank you (till my next question!!)
Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter