Ty's MAW Pre-trip :) arriving Feb 14, 2010

Here is just the fireworks and parades for the month of Feb...:cool1:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/febfw10.cfm

Here are the park hours for all the parks as well. Plus I made spreedsheet and printed everything out as far as times and shows go...;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/feb10.cfm?requesttimeout=1000

The ONLY neg, and to be honest, I do not think it is really a negative at all, but if I had to find one, it would be that you do not get extended hours as a wish family at GKTW, but really, it does not matter one bit...:thumbsup2

Hi Tonya,

I just wanted to stop in and say that I am enjoying reading your PTR. I am sorry to hear about your FIL.

Ty is adorable!! My kids aren't that interested in Epcot, except for the highlights....but just today, Brenna (8) asked if we could walk around there and "sample" all the food from different countries!! I said "sounds good to me"!! I LOVE food!!!

I'll continue to follow along!! Your trip will be here before you know it!!

Welcome to our ptr Shannon. Thank you for following along:) Definately let us know what you think of all the food and what your favorite is!

ok well I found something wrong with the itenerary. I have Disney Parks scheduled for Mon, Tues, Wed and Thursday with Thursday being Typhoon Lagoon. I can't do that as we have a 3 day park hopper not a 4day. I think I got carried away. So its back to replanning. Im about to leave the itenerary at home:rotfl:

ok well I found something wrong with the itenerary. I have Disney Parks scheduled for Mon, Tues, Wed and Thursday with Thursday being Typhoon Lagoon. I can't do that as we have a 3 day park hopper not a 4day. I think I got carried away. So its back to replanning. Im about to leave the itenerary at home:rotfl:

Oh...wait!

Call GKTW before you replan...

I *think* they have separate tickets to the water parks that would not count against your park days...check and see...

800-995-Kids. :)

yes and make sure it is open, cause I have a feeling it is closed until sometime in March, TL that is...:confused3 Just double check t make sure.:thumbsup2

I did the exact same thing.:lmao: But, in hindsight, I'm glad. It's forcing us to "schedule" some down-time. Otherwise, I think it would have been too tempting to over schedule. I would definitely check out the water park tickets available through GKTW. I think it's on their site somewhere, but I could be wrong. It's been known to happen!:rolleyes1

Uh ohhhh. Dh's knee is swollen and filled with fluid. He has a torn miniscus and has already had one cortisone shot to tie him over till we get back. But it looks like he either will need another one or he is going to need surgery soon.I hope I can get him in to the ortho tomarrow but I know what he is going to say. I dont think there is enough time to get the surgery and recouperate before we leave.So far nothing has helped it is only getting worse. Anyone had a torn miniscus before?

6am:scared1:Yep Ty couldnt sleep last night so he didnt fall asleep till 6am that is when I got up to get Sierra up for school. I walked past his room this morning and there he was wide eyed. He finally dozed off and I let him sleep till noon then took him into school for a few hours. It kind of worked out going for a few hours before a full day just after a long break like that.

Dh's knee is better today and he has an apt on Wed so that is good. I was afraid they would wait at least a week or so to get him in.

We should hear from MAW on the flights this week:cool1:

Oh no! Not knee surgery! That would be stinky!

Let us know how it goes!

I will be praying for you guys. :)

Oh no! Not knee surgery! That would be stinky!

Let us know how it goes!

I will be praying for you guys. :)

We will find our more at his dr apt. Hopefully he has a plan so dh can "enjoy" this trip too. Also We got news tonight from his father that the drs are giving him 6-12 months that the cancer is in his lungs now and he needs double chemo. I am so sad for my dh and his father and their sister. My hubby broke down and cried tonight. He needed to do it it has been festering since April.

We got some wonderful MAW trip news today!! We go our flight times. YAY!!!! Early flight in and a later flight home. PERFECT!! And best of all NO LAYOVERS!! lol :cool1::banana: We are all soo excited. We need this trip right now more then anyone would ever know. We know we are going to lose my husband father/kids grandpa and this will maybe help us to come as a family to talk about it and just make sure we take a few moments of ever day to think about him. And give him phone calls to let him know what he means to us.

THe kids are extatic!!!:banana::banana:

Tonya

YAY on the great flight times!! We had a 7 am flight in (got us there at 10 am) and a departing flight at 8 pm which really allowed us to feel like we had a full 9 days (we extended by two). Makes a difference.

So very sad to hear about fil. Your mention that your dh broke down and cried actually brought tears to my eyes. Treasure every day.

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

The good news is Ty met 2 of his goals in pt today:cool1: And he actually laughed alot for once.

The bad news we get home from Disney on Sat night. That Monday dh is having knee surgery. So I get to come home get unpacked rest one day then Monday morning be at the surgery center bright and early. So I guess there will be no time for the Disney let down?? :rotfl2: NAHHH!!! The dr did give him 2 cortisone shots today then will give him 2 more 2days before we leave.

Pamela yes it really hurt to see dh cry. He has cried maybe 5 times since I have known him and we are close to 20yrs. He is going through so much right now with his knee and his dad.

I'm sorry to hear your DH and family are going through so much right now Tonya, but glad you have the trip to help keep you upbeat. :hug: Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Oh early flights mean no sleep the night before...:rotfl:

It will be here before you know it...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sorry to hear about all that is going on right now....:grouphug:

Ugh! I hope DH can get around okay. Will you guys consider renting a wheelchair for him or does his doc think he can do it?

I can understand your added stress right now. We are so excited to be close to our trip dates but now my grandmother is in the hospital again so I'm worried about her. It's hard to be worried AND excited. :confused:

Ugh! I hope DH can get around okay. Will you guys consider renting a wheelchair for him or does his doc think he can do it?

I can understand your added stress right now. We are so excited to be close to our trip dates but now my grandmother is in the hospital again so I'm worried about her. It's hard to be worried AND excited. :confused:

I am so with you on that. I am so excited to go but I am so worried about dh his father and the let down of the kids if we do not make it. But God is in control. He is the one that makes the decsions we have apon us.

I have some clothes packed and the mdical supplies we have to pack onboard packed. Now I need to list it all out and include the massive amount of meds so that the ped can sign off on them so that they will have a Dr note for them just in case things get a little iffy.

I hope he can get around ok. If not can GKTW help us with that? Just if he ended up needing something. ?And Great NEWS My mom just said they will watch out doggies for us! I was so worried about putting them in the kennel. They have never been there before and our little one is a special needs doggie. She is very nervous around people. But dont get me wrong she is ROTTEN!! :rotfl:So Im happy that is one less thing I have to worry about woot woot!

I am so with you on that. I am so excited to go but I am so worried about dh his father and the let down of the kids if we do not make it. But God is in control. He is the one that makes the decsions we have apon us.

I have some clothes packed and the mdical supplies we have to pack onboard packed. Now I need to list it all out and include the massive amount of meds so that the ped can sign off on them so that they will have a Dr note for them just in case things get a little iffy.

I hope he can get around ok. If not can GKTW help us with that? Just if he ended up needing something. ?And Great NEWS My mom just said they will watch out doggies for us! I was so worried about putting them in the kennel. They have never been there before and our little one is a special needs doggie. She is very nervous around people. But dont get me wrong she is ROTTEN!! :rotfl:So Im happy that is one less thing I have to worry about woot woot!

Ah yes. Arranging things for our little fur babies is a whole 'nother stress, isn't it? I'm lucky we made some new friends this past year who love their dog as much as we do and have to travel back east for family visits every year. So we have traded a couple of times before and this is what we are planning for our trip. Our dog is a grandma but pretends to be a puppy and this dog is a giant lab who acts like a small child. He is actually one of my 4 yr old's best friends. :laughing:

Oh early flights mean no sleep the night before...:rotfl:

It will be here before you know it...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sorry to hear about all that is going on right now....:grouphug:

I think we need to be at the airport 2hours early? So I think we are going to need to be packed and ready to go by 4am:scared1:

So the dogs are taken care of and I talked to the hhc company and we have our ship dates for his supplies :banana:

I picked up some small toiletries yesterday and I got dh to try some of last years clothes on finally. So those can be packed. He is as bad as the kids when it comes to trying on clothes:lmao:

Ty is in alot of pain right now with his stomache. I am not sure what is going on but he is hurting pretty bad. Im waiting for dh to get home as he is on his way home.

I dont know how I missed subbing to your PTR. So sorry, but Im now a follower. It sounds like your planning is going great. Im so sorry to hear about your FIL. Hoping Ty's stomach issues today are nothing to serious. He will be in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter