Uber vs Lyft

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Is it just me or has anyone found Lyft less expensive in Disney than Uber?
On the other hand I have always had nicer cars using uber
Whats your preference and why?

I usually use Uber just because I can often get gift cards for 10-20% off, but if I hit a random high/surge Uber price I swap to Lyft & check (and usually Lyft has a normal price so I book Lyft). Never any harm in checking both. They are so plentiful around Orlando that it's not like you'll wait too long for either.

If you are trying to build up loyalty points, they can be linked to different programs, so if all things are equal that could factor into your decision.

Is it just me or has anyone found Lyft less expensive in Disney than Uber?
On the other hand I have always had nicer cars using uber
Whats your preference and why?
It's not just you. I have found Lyft to always be less expensive than Uber. And not just in Disney.
My preference is Lyft because they are less expensive.

I usually find Lyft cheaper, but I tend to get more coupons and credits from Uber, so it kind of balances out.

Outside of Minnie van - are cars with car toddler seats hit or miss?
Uber has a car seat category, but IIRC it's not something that new drivers can sign up for, so the numbers are dwindling. Lyft never had that category. As for toddler seat versus seat for younger or older child - I can't help you with that.

oh thanks, this board reminded me to download lyft app onto my phone for my trip on labor day! we only use ride shares to and from the resorts possibly to the outlets if we have time, so after trips i get rid of the app lol

oh thanks, this board reminded me to download lyft app onto my phone for my trip on labor day! we only use ride shares to and from the resorts possibly to the outlets if we have time, so after trips i get rid of the app lol
I have a hidden folder on my phone that contains all the apps I only use when I'm on vacation, so my Lyft app is still installed on my phone (because they don't operate where I live, yet Uber does) but it's tucked away where I don't see it. I'll then put it back on the front page when I'm back in Florida.

Will an Uber XL or Lyft XL fit 6 adults with 3 large suitcases and 6 airline personal items?

Will an Uber XL or Lyft XL fit 6 adults with 3 large suitcases and 6 airline personal items?
We used Lyft XL twice on our trip last month. We were four adults, with three suitcases and three carryons. Our first trip was in an Acura SUV. Honestly, I don’t know if it had a third row, but if it did, I don’t know where we would’ve put our luggage. We all fit comfortably, but six adults wouldn’t have worked. Our second trip we were in a minivan and that would’ve worked for your travel party, but how do you guarantee you’ll get a minivan? Maybe splitting up in two cars would be best.

We used Lyft XL twice on our trip last month. We were four adults, with three suitcases and three carryons. Our first trip was in an Acura SUV. Honestly, I don’t know if it had a third row, but if it did, I don’t know where we would’ve put our luggage. We all fit comfortably, but six adults wouldn’t have worked. Our second trip we were in a minivan and that would’ve worked for your travel party, but how do you guarantee you’ll get a minivan? Maybe splitting up in two cars would be best.

We recently used an Uber XL for 4 adults and we could have fit 6 people and the luggage...is there a way to request a Minivan?

We recently used an Uber XL for 4 adults and we could have fit 6 people and the luggage...is there a way to request a Minivan?
I don’t know. Maybe someone else will comment that will know. I’m interested to know too.

Maybe. If you get an SUB or like a Suburban, then you could maybe do it. But I've also had XLs that were crossover SUVs, and there's no way you could have fit 6 adults (plus the driver), let alone suitcases and personal items.

I think with Minnie Vans (Lyft) one can request an actual van versus the SUV. In general, the Minnie Van is a significant premium cost over a standard Uber/Lyft ride. Also, while Ive read on the Disney website that they’ll take you to and from the airport, when I’ve actually went to check on pricing and availability, I’ve only been able to summon a Minnie Van for intra-WDW travel. Perhaps someone else can speak on that piece.

I found the prices on lyft more lower than uber and you can get lyft a dollar or two cheaper if you select wait and save option about ten minutes wait and them you get booking window slot and them you wait until you get matched with a driver.

I think with Minnie Vans (Lyft) one can request an actual van versus the SUV. In general, the Minnie Van is a significant premium cost over a standard Uber/Lyft ride. Also, while Ive read on the Disney website that they’ll take you to and from the airport, when I’ve actually went to check on pricing and availability, I’ve only been able to summon a Minnie Van for intra-WDW travel. Perhaps someone else can speak on that piece.
The Minnie Van options are:
- Minnie Van
- Access (accessible) Minnie Van.

There is no option to request an actual van, as opposed to the SUV, simply because you want a larger vehicle.

Airport service is only available to Club Level guests.

From Disney's official website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/
and
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/minnie-van/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter