• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ugh, everything else worked out, now I am having a problem with airfare!

mzmickey

Mouseketeer
It seems that the airfare rates have gone up since I last checked, so now I have a couple of options.........

wait for the price to drop and then book a flight (we are traveling the 2nd week in December from Saturday to Saturday).

Stay with the current package I have booked, save $$ on the airfare, but lose the great deals I got on everything else.

Fly down late Friday night, stay in a hotel near the airport for the night and fly out early sunday morning, staying at a hotel near the airport Saturday night before we leave.

Any suggestions on any options would be greatly appreciated!

I'm from Pittsburgh too and can tell you Saturday's to Orlando can be hard to book, especially if you want a morning flight. With all USAir's problems, I wouldn't expect the price to go down. They should be announcing their schedule cuts soon, so that will not help. We wanted to get FF tickets for Saturday Dec 7 and all they had was 8:55pm going to Orlando. No way I wanted to lose that whole day so they checked Friday and I was able to get tickets for Friday morning and added a night's hotel. Good excuse for an extra day! The option to go the night before is a good one, I did that with friends one time. We took a 6:00pm after work and stayed at a Sheraton near the airport. Got an early start at WDW the next day. Good Luck!

PIT-MCO is one of the heaviest routes for Usairways. I doubt very much if that will be one of the ones cut. They will target the lightest load routes. They will also be using express a lot more now, in fact they have taken over concourse A at the airport as well. They will use those as the feeder flights to bring them in to get on the jumbo jets to the main destination.
Sale fares for dec have not come out yet. I don't expect them until after this weekend is over. Normally the best fares have come out very late in sep or early oct for the dec time frame that you are speaking of.
Personally I think you should rebook everything you have now. Or make your agent actually work for her commission! ;) IF you decide to keep your ressie at AAA make sure that your agent also makes your ps's for you. Also make sure that she keeps checking on your ressie at your resort so you know what your status is with the CBR closing during your stay.
Anything else ya need? LOL

Even though they may not cut any PIT-MCO flights, they may cut flights from other cities and route them through PIT, making the flights more crowded. They already did cut our favorite return flight, around 5:15pm. Now they don't have any non-stops MCO-PIT between 2:45 and 7:20.

They're not going to route everyone thru Pittsburgh to get on those flights, they will route most of them thru Charlotte since they'll have more openings to get to Fl cities. And they will also utilize Philadelphia to its fullest as well.
The reason they cut the 5:15 flight is that it wasn't very popular. (as opposed to the other times.) They can and also will switch around the aircraft to try and have the bigger aircraft during the heavier travel times as well. They do this all the time depending on the seasons. Fl is one of the heavier routes that they service.(I confirmed this with the queue department)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter